Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's hard to see how the Crows can play him and Ellis-Yeoman together right?

Forget Gibbs and Douglas as both might be forced into retirement at the end of the season, when Adelaide accept they are below the contending group with an ageing list. But, a midfield of Sloan and the Crouch brothers needs to inject some pace and silk, Milera for instance. You just can't say for certain either of Ellis-Yeoman or Greenwood are locks in the best 22, certainly not both.

Late second round, early third round, should do it I think.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Forget Gibbs and Douglas as both might be forced into retirement at the end of the season, when Adelaide accept they are below the contending group with an ageing list. But, a midfield of Sloan and the Crouch brothers needs to inject some pace and silk, Milera for instance. You just can't say for certain either of Ellis-Yeoman or Greenwood are locks in the best 22, certainly not both.

There is a train of thought on our board that there is some load shedding about to happen in terms of salary. I hope Greenwood is not one of those forced out because he is a big bodied mid that can go forward and play tall and kick goals - guys like him don't grow on trees. But if there is load shedding happening then it is pointing in a particular direction and it may well be that there is a serious play for Brodie Grundy going to happen. If that is the case I just hope that the club hollds off till next year as the pick 1 or 2 Carlton will gift us this year has to be used on an elite mid to go wit the Crouch brothers and Sloane and young Chayce Jones

I would be upset if the Bulldogs aren't asking the question. He seems the type of player we target and we need someone who can do damage forward of the ball. Most of our forwards play up the ground at times too and we know he's capable there.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would be upset if the Bulldogs aren't asking the question. He seems the type of player we target and we need someone who can do damage forward of the ball. Most of our forwards play up the ground at times too and we know he's capable there.
Would be ideal target if Bailey Williams does end up heading back to SA

Would be ideal target if Bailey Williams does end up heading back to SA
Yep, plus there were rumours about Crows interest in Lewis Young (who I'd really want to keep).

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
If I had a membership I'd be throwing it straight in the microwave on high it if we trade Greenwood. Guy is a born winner, a top contested ball winner in the comp (17th in comp, above JPK and on par with Danger with no pre season) and can play as a tall. One does not simply drop Hugh Greenwood

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I had a membership I'd be throwing it straight in the microwave on high it if we trade Greenwood. Guy is a born winner, a top contested ball winner in the comp (17th in comp, above JPK and on par with Danger with no pre season) and can play as a tall. One does not simply drop Hugh Greenwood
Why is he being dropped? Role, simply out of form? I really rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would be upset if Saints didn't have a crack at him.

Would get decent coin and permanent mid. Probably throw him the captaincy and keys to a Corolla as well.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would be upset if Saints didn't have a crack at him.

Would get decent coin and permanent mid. Probably throw him the captaincy and keys to a Corolla as well.
Greenwood would be good at the saints who appear to be lacking midfield depth.

Who would we want in return though?

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Greenwood would be good at the saints who appear to be lacking midfield depth.

Who would we want in return though?
Who do you want? I honestly don’t know what his value would be? Second round? You have enough players like Dunstan, maybe Acres.. or draft pick for next year.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who do you want? I honestly don’t know what his value would be? Second round? You have enough players like Dunstan, maybe Acres.. or draft pick for next year.
We would absolutely do 19, greenwood for your 2019/1 which...if you still have it after last year? I think may be about 5

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
We would absolutely do 19, greenwood for your 2019/1 which...if you still have it after last year? I think may be about 5
Yeah we’ve got our first this year. Probably weighted in your favour a bit too much, but not far away. I’m sure if both sides wanted the trade, there’s enough to play around with.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah we’ve got our first this year. Probably weighted in your favour a bit too much, but not far away. I’m sure if both sides wanted the trade, there’s enough to play around with.
We'd then (hopefully) offer that up with our 2020/1 for Grundy!

Would suit a lot of teams, and I'll add Carlton to the list.

Besides Cripps, most of our midfielders are young and small. We need a strong, mature, mid who tackles. Suits us perfectly.

And the fact he's a threat up forward is a bonus.

We can also offer opportunity and $.

It wouldn't be an off-season without a Carlton-Adelaide trade stand-off...

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

Pretty much. CEY a UFA so no trade value which means Hugh pulls the short straw.

3rd rounders are far too speculative, has to be a second. Would rather keep him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back