Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't understand how he has played every game this season with a near fully fit list.
He's been a secret best 22 in the coaches eyes all year I reckon. All this talk on here about dropping him, I bet you he likely hasn't come close to being dropped by the coaching staff.

Ryan has copped plenty on this board this year. And is in a completely different class to Hughes.

If Hughes got cut I don't think he'd end up on another AFL list - if Ryan got cut he'd have his pick of 17 other clubs to play for.
I was gonna say Hughes could have at least some chance of getting another chance elsewhere but geez didn't realise he's 29 in Dec, so no.

I was gonna say Hughes could have at least some chance of getting another chance elsewhere but geez didn't realise he's 29 in Dec, so no.
This dude is 29?! How the *? 2 more games and he should be delisted end of year then, I mean what the hell are we even doing with this bloke.

Ryan has copped plenty on this board this year. And is in a completely different class to Hughes.

If Hughes got cut I don't think he'd end up on another AFL list - if Ryan got cut he'd have his pick of 17 other clubs to play for.

We will not win a premiership until Luke Ryan no longer plays for us. I have every confidence in that.

The game has changed. You can’t take as long with the ball as he does anymore. Outside of marking he does absolutely nothing better than Hughes.

Highly doubt all 17 other clubs would be stupid enough to take and I doubt he’s a first choice player at a top four club. His kicking is an absolute liability.

Hope he ****s off back Victoria. Most overrated player in Fremantle history. He’s a cancer to this footy team.

Last edited:
We will not win a premiership until Luke Ryan no longer plays for us. I have every confidence in that.

The game has changed. You can’t take as long with the ball as he does anymore. Outside of marking he does absolutely nothing better than Hughes.

Highly doubt all 17 other clubs would be stupid enough to take and I doubt he’s a first choice player at a top four club. His kicking is an absolute liability.

Hope he ****s off back Victoria. Most overrated player in Fremantle history. He’s a cancer to this footy team.
Cancer?
He was a best and fairest a few years ago 😂

Irrational nonsensical post from a normally very good contributor on here.
Every team in the AFL would play Luke Ryan. He’s light years ahead of Hughes in every facet of the game.

Life's mysteries:
  • Who killed JFK?
  • What goes on at area 51?
  • What happened to Malaysia flight 370?
  • How has Ethan Hughes played 100 games of AFL?

Life's mysteries:
  • Who killed JFK?
  • What goes on at area 51?
  • What happened to Malaysia flight 370?
  • How has Ethan Hughes played 100 games of AFL?

Lachie Schultz s on 87 games and our equal 20th for goals scored is one that's surprised me (I think he's also 10th in games played for us for current players)

Feels like he's only been around a couple of seasons. He is the reverse Ethan Hughes

Yes Completely true, even hard to see Hughes get a gig at West Coast in their current predicament.He's good depth but like Walker not what you want in a Final series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes has done some good for us this year, yeah he's had his regular Hughes moments, but he's been solid since he moved back to defence.
he gives effort but end of the day he lacks skills and pace,up until he got injured on sunday he was having no effect on the game

Would he get a game with any of the top eight teams, if you are realistic the answer is no

Done well to get 100 games but we need better players going forward

Hughes and Banfield have their places on the list in my opinion, not best 22 players, but they're damn good depth players.
Banfield I will give you (mostly because playing as a third tall in forward line is bloody hard and not many players can do it) Half back flankers that do not have good disposal or pace are worth next to nothing. We do not need Hughes.

It is obvious that the selectors, the ones that count, have a
l high regard for Hughes and the role he plays.
He never was or is a player that is going to get 30 possessions in a game, but the ones he gets, obviously the selectors like.
To me a bit like Zac Dawson, very underestimated by many supporters, but obviously the selectors like to ones that do the dirty work.

It is obvious that the selectors, the ones that count, have a
l high regard for Hughes and the role he plays.
He never was or is a player that is going to get 30 possessions in a game, but the ones he gets, obviously the selectors like.
To me a bit like Zac Dawson, very underestimated by many supporters, but obviously the selectors like to ones that do the dirty work.
Well Brisbane didn't really get on top last week until Hughes went off - make of that what you will.

yep, Hughes is exactly the depth you want. Player goes out. Absolute clubman who gives his best and is a mature strong body who is defensive minded comes in. Not sure why we need to discuss his deficiencies. Leave that to B22 players who could be giving more.

Hughes was one a few lads who came to my school the other week (Willo, Ryan, Draper & Hamling the others). Great guy, really well spoken and absolute clubman. Chuffed he's made 100 as I reckon he's a dark horse to have a generational f/s kid (I hope so just for the irony). On that note, we only need to get another 7 games into hammer for him to make it.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hughes was one a few lads who came to my school the other week (Willo, Ryan, Draper & Hamling the others). Great guy, really well spoken and absolute clubman. Chuffed he's made 100 as I reckon he's a dark horse to have a generational f/s kid (I hope so just for the irony). On that note, we only need to get another 7 games into hammer for him to make it.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
20odd of Hammer's games are for the Dogs. He's no chance of 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back