Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

We will not win a premiership until Luke Ryan no longer plays for us. I have every confidence in that.

The game has changed. You can’t take as long with the ball as he does anymore. Outside of marking he does absolutely nothing better than Hughes.

Highly doubt all 17 other clubs would be stupid enough to take and I doubt he’s a first choice player at a top four club. His kicking is an absolute liability.

Hope he ****s off back Victoria. Most overrated player in Fremantle history. He’s a cancer to this footy team.
I am getting sick and tired of clueless people on here constantly knocking Ryan ,He is /was in all Australian contention, I agree his marking is a real asset and constantly will win out in marks and stop the opposition, his kicks are quite penetrating, they do cover fair distances, he is very courageous , and has no fear ,very protective of his team mates.
OK stats don't always portray an exacting truth but Luke is always well credentialed in his game, has been very consistent.
He is no slouch and can cover the ground very quickly , he is elite in 4 of the 6 categories ,not many players have that result.

1691907435614.png

I am getting sick and tired of clueless people on here constantly knocking Ryan ,He is /was in all Australian contention, I agree his marking is a real asset and constantly will win out in marks and stop the opposition, his kicks are quite penetrating, they do cover fair distances, he is very courageous , and has no fear ,very protective of his team mates.
OK stats don't always portray an exacting truth but Luke is always well credentialed in his game, has been very consistent.
He is no slouch and can cover the ground very quickly , he is elite in 4 of the 6 categories ,not many players have that result.

View attachment 1772987
It's almost as if people don't want defenders who can actually defend.

I can't wrap my head around it either.

View attachment 1772987
Hear hear, so much idiocy when it comes to Ryan, he's had a fantastic year.

I think Ryan has the best chance of a freo player winning an AA this year.

View attachment 1772987
I love pulling out this screen shot every time the media discuss AA locks. No I don’t think he should be AA, it’s not secret that I really don’t rate him all that much, but I still love pulling it out and questioning why this player isn’t an AA lock. It’s amusing. IMG_4249.jpeg

I've said it all year, it's Jackson
Doubt it. He'll be right up there in the coaches votes, but they're already pretty set on English being your AA ruck, and I doubt they're finding room for him on the bench. His numbers aren't all that impressive compartively because of all the different positions he plays, and we had no where near a good enough year for him to get a Blicavs type nod.

But most importantly, his surge has come quite late in the year, and they're probably already got 95% of the team locked in by this stage.

Doubt it. He'll be right up there in the coaches votes, but they're already pretty set on English being your AA ruck, and I doubt they're finding room for him on the bench. His numbers aren't all that impressive compartively because of all the different positions he plays, and we had no where near a good enough year for him to get a Blicavs type nod.

But most importantly, his surge has come quite late in the year, and they're probably already got 95% of the team locked in by this stage.
Whats going to happen is at the end of the year they are going to sit down and look at this site (AFLCA Champion Player of the Year - AFL Coaches Association Awards - AFL Coaches Association) and see Jackson has more coaches votes than any other KPP and they are going to look at the bench thinking
A) Freo were actually ok and they dont have one player
B) We dont like two rucks anymore and;
C) They are going to plonk in there the best utility unicorn going around.

He’ll be fighting serong for B&F id expect.
Yeah no he won't. Very similar stats/output to last year where he didn't even make top 10. He will make top 10 easily this year, mostly due to a host of other underperforming though, but the only player who would be close to challenging Serong is Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back