Media Humans of Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Introduction

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1581330956520.png

The Sweet FA is a weird and wonderful sporting competition. We all love the drama, the ruours, the arguing and the media. The qooty landscape dominates the country of Sweet and is in many ways the lifeblood of our great land.

And while it is easy to be caught up in the latest Baghdad controversy or the newest Ant Bear scandal, sometimes it's refreshing to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in life.

It's easy to miss, but there's a whole world happening right under our noses here in Sweet. From the snowy peaks of Mount Buller to the gentrified community of Gumbania and down to the 'colourful' Docklands, hundreds of people live and breathe in this vibrant country and every single one of them has a story. On any given day, you could walk down the street in the CBD and see a Roy being taken on his weekly walk by his carer; perhaps a weekend trip to Beldriblin could land you a chat with a Dragon - heck, I hear there's even a few Bears that have opened their own stores down at the Colonnade in Nou Camp!

On Humans of Sweet, I'll be looking past the qooty and past the scandals and getting to the bottom of really makes living in Sweet worth the while. Each week I'll be heading down to one of the many suburbs of Sweet accompanied by a local resident and we'll learn just what makes this little corner of the world go round. I hope you'll join me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subscribed.

Let me know if you want to see the dark, dark underbelly of Coney Island.

As my team mate it is mandatory to come for at least one night out with me anyway.

Subscribed.

Let me know if you want to see the dark, dark underbelly of Coney Island.

As my team mate it is mandatory to come for at least one night out with me anyway.
Ive seen up Wooshette 's dress. Never again :straining:

Episode 1: The Docklands (Part 1/3)
1581423900689.png

It's about 1 o'clock in the afternoon and only the faint ocean breeze gives me any respite from the blistering heat. I'm standing awkwardly on the corner of a junction in the heart of the Docklands, with only old, decrepit warehouses surrounding me and a whore going to work oppositive the road. I'm wondering just what sort of clientele she's hoping to attract when our contact finally arrives to show us around.

1581423996284.png

harry000 walks over with a beaming smile on his face and shakes my hand warmly. His broad shoulders and hardened features are indicative of the typical Docklands resident and more specifically a player of the Coney Island Warriors, this area's local club. Like many of his teammates, harry000 lives in neighbouring Rasasidge due to Docklands being a purely industrial area but he informs me, quite happily, that he's always willing to spend time in the Warriors heartland.

"This is where it all happens, really. Always thought it's the lifeblood of Sweet. All of the country's imports and exports come through this area."

He quickly notices my sweaty face and lets me know we'll be heading to Van Cortlandt Park shortly. Even from here, you can its light towers a few blocks away. It's the only non-industrial area of the Docklands and a de facto nature strip, considering it houses the only tree for miles. But we'll get to that later.

harry000 walks at a brisk pace, always a couple of steps ahead, and guides us from over his shoulder.

"Most of the folk you see around here are from Thirteen Bay, across the sea, in one way or another. Nearly all of the people who first settled here were originally from the Bay, and a lot of new arrivals - myself included - have moved across in recent times. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but Sweet isn't all that different. Couldn't be ****ed living somewhere wanky like Gumbania or Golden Valley."

We're walking past plenty of vacant lots at this point. It's well known that many governors of Sweet have at one point or another attempted to gentrify the Docklands and bring in residents from different backgrounds. But in such a murky area of town, it's hard to exert any influence and the suburb has always stuck to its Thirteen Bay roots.

1581424112096.png

harry000 leads us through an old construction site. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a hairy figure peering from behind a half-finished wall.

"Freofalcon! Oi, ya mutt, get over here!" yells harry000.

I see a cloud of smoke rise from behind the wall but we receive no response.

"He's not a very talkative type these days. Maybe we'll see him again at some point."

A plastic Gatorade bottle is thrown from over the wall and hits the footpath next to us. A black, filthy liquid oozes out a hose length that has been drilled into the side.

"Probably best we move on."

LinedSimpleAphid-max-1mb.gif

View attachment 820624

The Sweet FA is a weird and wonderful sporting competition. We all love the drama, the ruours, the arguing and the media. The qooty landscape dominates the country of Sweet and is in many ways the lifeblood of our great land.

And while it is easy to be caught up in the latest Baghdad controversy or the newest Ant Bear scandal, sometimes it's refreshing to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in life.

It's easy to miss, but there's a whole world happening right under our noses here in Sweet. From the snowy peaks of Mount Buller to the gentrified community of Gumbania and down to the 'colourful' Docklands, hundreds of people live and breathe in this vibrant country and every single one of them has a story. On any given day, you could walk down the street in the CBD and see a Roy being taken on his weekly walk by his carer; perhaps a weekend trip to Beldriblin could land you a chat with a Dragon - heck, I hear there's even a few Bears that have opened their own stores down at the Colonnade in Nou Camp!

On Humans of Sweet, I'll be looking past the qooty and past the scandals and getting to the bottom of really makes living in Sweet worth the while. Each week I'll be heading down to one of the many suburbs of Sweet accompanied by a local resident and we'll learn just what makes this little corner of the world go round. I hope you'll join me.

Except I'm pretty sure he's not actually a human, of Sweet or otherwise.

Ooh boy, not a great start Dav, I guess the only way from here is up.

It was that exact season that I knew The Filth Wizard was a campaigner.
How would you know that when you were inactive and lucky to even get a game in S19?

How would you know that when you were inactive and lucky to even get a game in S19?
I'll have you know I played every game in Season 19, including toweling spookism in round 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back