Universal Love Humble pie with a side of egg on face - Premiership edition - omnomomnomom

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy hedges his bets a ton, I think he brings some solid analysis to the game but I really hate how he always makes a bunch of different calls every year. Waffled all year about Geelong, even when we beat them in round 23 all he did was talk about Geelong
Has good takes often but also has a few unfounded ideas which he refuses to let go of in spite of all evidence to the contrary which holds him back. Not unlike us on this board in some ways, now that I think about it

Kingy hedges his bets a ton, I think he brings some solid analysis to the game but I really hate how he always makes a bunch of different calls every year. Waffled all year about Geelong, even when we beat them in round 23 all he did was talk about Geelong
Reckon Kingy had 500 on Geelong to win the flag.

His round 23 Geelong antics was really bizarre.

David kings the biggest culprit here. In 19/20 he said no team in history had spent like we had on the defence and it would never work

Kingy loves to make huge calls that turn out to be completely wrong.

I do remember him saying after our SF win in '18 that WC would beat us by 10 goals if we played like that against them...
Stopped clocks, etc.

Yeah he also said that if the dogs started letting us exit out the front of stoppage we would smash them, so credit where it's due.

Last edited:
Speaking of humble pie, I wonder what Isaac Smith was thinking watching the grand final.

“Geelong will not win a flag without having a key forward….”

”Haaaaaawkinns!”

Wish that vid was still around 🙁
Favourite King moment this year was when he started running a weekly tally 'Dusty vs Coaches' to make a point that coaches didn't know how to stop Dustin Martin. He gave up on it around Round 8.

Didn't know where to post this but there would be plenty of opposition supporters and no doubt some of ours that were certain taking the Salem + Tyson deal over Kelly was a mistake, turns out Salo is one of our most important players and with his performance in the GF is shows why! 27 disposals with a goal and going at 96% efficiency!

Didn't know where to post this but there would be plenty of opposition supporters and no doubt some of ours that were certain taking the Salem + Tyson deal over Kelly was a mistake, turns out Salo is one of our most important players and with his performance in the GF is shows why! 27 disposals with a goal and going at 96% efficiency!
Probably more a humblebrag. I’ve had my doubts about Salem at times but have never bothered derping about Kelly. We got the pick which we chose Hunt with and later traded Tyson for Preuss and then the pick we got for trading Preuss to GWS was a key part in netting us the pick that got us Bowey. Josh Kelly is a gun but Salem, Hunt and Bowey plus a few years service out of Tyson when our midfield was garbage was ultimately excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago Paul Roos hinted (on the couch) that had we kept pick no. 2, he would have picked Jack Billings over Josh Kelly.

I wasn't very supportive of Lever early in his time with us. I remember we got belted by the Hawks early in 2018, he made a few bad mistakes and I was giving him a lot of lip from the stands.

Fair play by another supporter to retort with 'give him a chance mate'. He was right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back