Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

BB Saints
Henty
Howlong
Osborne
Jindera
Magpies

Not much going on at the moment in the Hume league, no real big signings and no one talking themselves up. Here's my take on things on how the season is shaping up.
  • BB - picked up two old guns lost a forward and some speed, will take home the flag if nothing goes wrong
  • Jindera - lost two guns and have not replaced them, don't think they can go one better then last year.
  • Howlong - lost a gun in Clarke and picked up a few, there is talk of a gun forward. Could be a big challenge to BB
  • Magpies - lost a gun ruckman and picked up and old gun to add to there already old side. Don't have what it takes to win finals.
  • Henty - has to be the big improver with a gun on baller and full forward, big chance of playing in GF
  • Giants - have not heard much, maybe a forward from Thurgoona. Will struggle.
  • Lockhart - lost a heap but sounds like they have replaced them, no depth and may lack talent.
  • Crows - Not talking themselves up this year so will most likely go backwards
  • Culcairn - Should improve but still not good enough for finals
  • Osborne - Have not heard much about them, should improve as kids get another year older
  • Holbrook - Picked up four, and lost no one, will push for finals with a good draw.
  • CDHBU - Lost a three or four and pick up a gun from north Albury. Most likely miss finals.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong or add recruits / departures that you may know of.

Not much going on at the moment in the Hume league, no real big signings and no one talking themselves up. Here's my take on things on how the season is shaping up.
  • BB - picked up two old guns lost a forward and some speed, will take home the flag if nothing goes wrong
  • Jindera - lost two guns and have not replaced them, don't think they can go one better then last year.
  • Howlong - lost a gun in Clarke and picked up a few, there is talk of a gun forward. Could be a big challenge to BB
  • Magpies - lost a gun ruckman and picked up and old gun to add to there already old side. Don't have what it takes to win finals.
  • Henty - has to be the big improver with a gun on baller and full forward, big chance of playing in GF
  • Giants - have not heard much, maybe a forward from Thurgoona. Will struggle.
  • Lockhart - lost a heap but sounds like they have replaced them, no depth and may lack talent.
  • Crows - Not talking themselves up this year so will most likely go backwards
  • Culcairn - Should improve but still not good enough for finals
  • Osborne - Have not heard much about them, should improve as kids get another year older
  • Holbrook - Picked up four, and lost no one, will push for finals with a good draw.
  • CDHBU - Lost a three or four and pick up a gun from north Albury. Most likely miss finals.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong or add recruits / departures that you may know of.
I reckon you are pretty spot on Micksmyman but i think Culcairn might make finals instead of Osborne. They have picked up Peter Cook, Robins (very good small forward), Jed Andrews onballer Albury, Haines from Gullie and Shields back from injury. Cul lost a lot of games by less than 2 goals last year. As far as premiership contenders go i think it is a 2 horse race BBsaints and Howlong.

BB Saints
Henty
Howlong
Osborne
Jindera
Magpies
BB Saints
Howlong
Magpies
Jindera
Henty
Culcairn
Holbrook
CDHBU
Osborne
Giants
Lockhart
Crows
In all honesty there is not much difference between 3rd placed Magpies and 9th placed Osborne. Probably could shuffle them around but the better draw might give Culcairn, Henty and Holbrook the edge.

I reckon you are pretty spot on Micksmyman but i think Culcairn might make finals instead of Osborne. They have picked up Peter Cook, Robins (very good small forward), Jed Andrews onballer Albury, Haines from Gullie and Shields back from injury. Cul lost a lot of games by less than 2 goals last year. As far as premiership contenders go i think it is a 2 horse race BBsaints and Howlong.

Culcairn also had a few who didn't play much last season due to injury didn't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB Saints
Howlong
Magpies
Jindera
Henty
Culcairn
Holbrook
CDHBU
Osborne
Giants
Lockhart
Crows
In all honesty there is not much difference between 3rd placed Magpies and 9th placed Osborne. Probably could shuffle them around but the better draw might give Culcairn, Henty and Holbrook the edge.
What makes you rate Howlong so highly Pie Eater? Recruits or just well Coached?

Rip they made finals last year picked up 3 very good players i can't see who else could be better than them apart from BBSaints. What does everyone else think?

Holbrook to celebrate the Club's 125 yr Reunion on 17 June, the Rd 10 game v BB Saints. Hoping as many past players, officials and supporters can come along enjoy the footy against a predicted top side, then get back for what will be a great gathering.

Also has anyone heard about Osborne signing a player from SANFL
Osborne have been dealt a major blow with their star recruit from the WAFL (Not SANFL) getting back on the plane to WA after training with Osborne for a week. He wasn't too excited about the drop in standed of training to what he was used to. I suppose big difference from being in the city to then going to a place to the middle of nowhere. Disappointing for the tigers and the league because apparently he was a regular onballer for a WAFL side last year.

Osborne have been dealt a major blow with their star recruit from the WAFL (Not SANFL) getting back on the plane to WA after training with Osborne for a week. He wasn't too excited about the drop in standed of training to what he was used to. I suppose big difference from being in the city to then going to a place to the middle of nowhere. Disappointing for the tigers and the league because apparently he was a regular onballer for a WAFL side last year.
Name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back