Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

They are using it this weekend
It's the showpiece ground of the Comp it should be used for an Interleague Game. Plenty of ovals in Hume League could look like that if they weren't played on every weekend during the Season. Maybe with the merger they could not play at Walbundrie the last 6 weeks of the Season a bit of work could be done to improve the oval before Finals

It's the showpiece ground of the Comp it should be used for an Interleague Game. Plenty of ovals in Hume League could look like that if they weren't played on every weekend during the Season. Maybe with the merger they could not play at Walbundrie the last 6 weeks of the Season a bit of work could be done to improve the oval before Finals
Seriously ! Walbundrie ground needs a start again approach like at Howlong - drainage,leveling,top soil and a decent sprinkler system all meaning a big investment. Its disappointment on a league that has major improvements in the past few years in that its electronically improved , has a got good trainers and volunteer umpires system and leads the way with a points system that's certainly ahead of the O&M who sat on their hands waiting for the VCFL to act . All in all great family league just need an upgrade for their showcase time in September.

Is it up to Rwwt or the Hume football league itself to pay for the upgrades? If making ground better for finals then surely the league has to pay. I'd reckon the RWWT has enough issues looking after 3 facilities.

This year would have to be one of the most even in a long time. Following the young Brookers each week and they have been a chance in each game. Great to see and good for supporters to go to the footy each week hopeful of a win.

Couple of big weekends coming up for Holbrook and Culcairn. Next weekend the Lions celebrate their 2007 Premiership reunion, whilst the same weekend, the Brookers will be holding their 125 Year Reunion. Both would be great days to be playing, especially the Brookers day v Brock-Burrum, with the Club hoping to see as many past players as possible and expecting a bumper crowd. It will great to catch up with past teammates on the day, and hear speeches from past premiership coaches John Cornish (1970), Mick Maddox (1985) and Marc Duryea (2004).

Any past Brooker player or supporter is encouraged to come along to what promises to be a great catch up and day/night of tall tales and past glories!

As we have gone past the halfway point in the season and sides have almost played everyone. Which player (either the club you support or an opposition side) has impressed you most?

This may be a question for the Tallangatta League thread but I was wondering why Matt Fowler never went back and played at his home club. I love the fact that Kosi and Piltzy have gone back home and Stevo went where his dad had a strong connection.

This may be a question for the Tallangatta League thread but I was wondering why Matt Fowler never went back and played at his home club. I love the fact that Kosi and Piltzy have gone back home and Stevo went where his dad had a strong connection.

He wanted to play with previous team mates from Albury like Sam Cross & Mark Bush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marmo has done it again. Changed clubs. Anyone know what happened this time? How many clubs is it now?

I see the guy from Howlong was in court yesterday for hitting a teammate with the mug at Sodens a couple of weeks ago. How has that gone down at the club? 2 teammates in court against each other during the season is pretty rare.

I see the guy from Howlong was in court yesterday for hitting a teammate with the mug at Sodens a couple of weeks ago. How has that gone down at the club? 2 teammates in court against each other during the season is pretty rare.
Correct me if am wrong but wasn't the mug meant to hit someone other than a team mate?

Went and watched Murray Magpies Vs Saints today, congrats to Ted Miller on his induction to the hall of fame and what an awesome venue they have, Brock were all over them today and it was unfortunate to see the coach from the Magpies sniping blokes as it doesn't set the best example. Also wasn't good to see the trainer from the Magpies push a saints player during a scuffle, not once but twice.......the player would get a long break if the shoe was on the other foot.

Went and watched Murray Magpies Vs Saints today, congrats to Ted Miller on his induction to the hall of fame and what an awesome venue they have, Brock were all over them today and it was unfortunate to see the coach from the Magpies sniping blokes as it doesn't set the best example. Also wasn't good to see the trainer from the Magpies push a saints player during a scuffle, not once but twice.......the player would get a long break if the shoe was on the other foot.
A Leopard doesn't change its spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back