Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to RD 1 kicking off with the Brookers taking on the Crows. Hoping to see the younger brigade take a big step this year - no excuses as those mid-aged 'boys' now up between 50-100 games. Looking forward to a cracking Comp and hopefully some upsets!

BB saints sent a shiver through the competition giving Lockhart a hiding. Did anyone else expect the new RWW giants to win by that much against Henty?

No
BB saints sent a shiver through the competition giving Lockhart a hiding. Did anyone else expect the new RWW giants to win by that much against Henty?

Not at all, I actually thought the Giants would win the wooden spoon! Shows how good a judge I am.

I don't think the Murray Magpies have provided the environment that Corey Lambert said they were going to for Maxymow. Heard he hasn't lasted past week one.

I don't think the Murray Magpies have provided the environment that Corey Lambert said they were going to for Maxymow. Heard he hasn't lasted past week one.
Yep all over. Turned on his own! Be interesting the spin the spin king Lambert puts on this....

Looks like an even comp. After 2 1/2 rounds all but one side has a win. Not many competitions could boast that record. From what I hear of Lockhart they should have one soon also.

Hi guys,

Have a look at the FOX FOOTY Club Rewards Program here https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxfootyclubrewards/enter-now.html . Gives a good chance for local coaches to meet / learn from AFL coaches.

You can apply if your club has done good work in the community (raise money for charity, help out local community etc), and it's all free.

Good chance to apply for your club - and it closes on Sunday so get in quickly.

Well what two cracking games on the weekend between BB Saints and Jindera. I haven't seen a Hume league game in two years and gee has the standard lifted. Even in the 2's . I think Saints have a few to come back into the1's after watching on the weekend. Hartley was just marking everything and played a solid game up forward. Number 12 for the Saints provided plenty from full back . Not sure of his name but was The General and they all listened. It was a tight contest all game and very well umpired by club umpires.
In the 1's it was on from the start and it was better than watching Raiders V Bulldogs last week. Bradsworth is like a terrier after a bone. Number 4 was very solid up forward aswell. To kick 9 goals in the last quarter was unbelieveable and should why they are favourites for the flag. Yes Jindera were missing a few but they stuck with Saints for most of the game. So who can match it with the Saints is the big question?

Well what two cracking games on the weekend between BB Saints and Jindera. I haven't seen a Hume league game in two years and gee has the standard lifted. Even in the 2's . I think Saints have a few to come back into the1's after watching on the weekend. Hartley was just marking everything and played a solid game up forward. Number 12 for the Saints provided plenty from full back . Not sure of his name but was The General and they all listened. It was a tight contest all game and very well umpired by club umpires.
In the 1's it was on from the start and it was better than watching Raiders V Bulldogs last week. Bradsworth is like a terrier after a bone. Number 4 was very solid up forward aswell. To kick 9 goals in the last quarter was unbelieveable and should why they are favourites for the flag. Yes Jindera were missing a few but they stuck with Saints for most of the game. So who can match it with the Saints is the big question?

You will find that number 12 is D. Williams . Aka D-Will , Screaming Eagle and by the looks of things now The General. He has been around for along time and is the heart and soul of BB Saints. He may not be the most talented player but gives 100% every game. But I did see him play on Saturday and was outstanding coming out of the back line. He controlled the players when needed and directed the backline . He did how ever miss his wingman .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reggieray, Number 12, or the Screaming Eagle, has given himself the title of the heart and soul of the BB Saints. Within our club, we like to call him the Coy Carp, due to the fact he enjoys being the big fish in a small pond! Year after year, each senior coach begs him to lead the senior team, but 'Bighangs McMassivecalves' blatantly refuses, in search for his 7th year running in coming 5th in the club's best and fairest count. I think you are giving too much credit to his 'wingman', who the team had a good win without, the 'wingman' may spend the rest of the year running water, due to his lack of skill, pace and the fact he is more worried about his luscious hair than anything else. I do however look forward to both Luke and Adam Schilg returning to the senior side from injury. Luke has been out for about 3 weeks, where as Adam has been coming back through the reserves for the last 3 years.

You would have to be either nipples or doughboy ? or a friend of one of them?
Guiedo?
your words are kind, thank you.
But I don't receive this often, which makes me think someone is taking the piss haha

You would have to be either nipples or doughboy ? or a friend of one of them?
Guiedo?
your words are kind, thank you.
But I don't receive this often, which makes me think someone is taking the piss haha
It's not who you think it is Hard Ball . I have watched you from the early days as a bumbling forward flanker to a solid backmen . Who has gone through the tough times and come out the other side a better footballer and clubman. There's no shame in being pumped up. Hopefully your coach can move you forward and you snag a few . Coming 5th in B&F is a great job when not many people look at the backline for the best players unless you do the votes yourself?

Got your info wrong there mate, The Screaming Eagle played on Woods. Ash played most of the game in the midfield. I expect him to be back in the seniors this week.

It was a pleasure to watch Brad Thompson playing on the weekend. For a bloke so big and strong, he moves exceptionally well. He showed his versatility with his foot skills as he kicked, more often than not, on his left, which isn't because he is closing in on 45 years of age, it was more of a subtle reminder to everyone that he is still the 'Big Dog' in the league. Speaking of the way he moves, he is aptly nicknamed Silky by his Magpies teammates. Not only due to the fact he moves like silk, but because he is extremelty supersticious and wears pink silk jocks under his footy shorts, because he loves the way they feel. His old nickname 'Optimus Prime' still rings true as he hits as hard as a truck and is definitely one of the good guys! He spent close to an hour signing jumpers and having photos with all the excited locals after the game. No wonder his shoulders are so big after years of carrying each team he plays for and it was a pleasure watching the absolute clinic he put on. Get down to Urana Road this Saturday and watch the silky Optimus Prime give the Giants and absolute lesson in footy, and it will only cost you $10! Bargain!

Yes he did and was giving a bath by The General. He was all over him like Double H on a cougar at The Zed Bar. The General was outstanding and showed how it's done. Very unlucky not to win BOG but it's not about that him it's winning.
I also attended this match. Not sure who Double H is, I was super impressed with Sam O'Connor or as his referred to by his team mates "Jesus" also an interesting ploy by Josh Land putting bright blue tape on his hands, I'm assuming this was to try pull some votes? can you elaborate Mal?

I also attended this match. Not sure who Double H is, I was super impressed with Sam O'Connor or as his referred to by his team mates "Jesus" also an interesting ploy by Josh Land putting bright blue tape on his hands, I'm assuming this was to try pull some votes? can you elaborate Mal?

I'm not sure who Double H is, but not sure who you are New Map either. I can only guess you are an O and M man as the only people who call him 'Jesus' are the boys from Lavi Panthers, why weren't you watching them play Corowa Rutherglen instead of heading out to Brocklesby?

In terms of Landy having tape on his hands, it was definitely to pull something.

Grand Final replay this week, with a couple of personnel changes in both sides. Henty have started to gain some momentum after a rough start in round 1. I look forward to the battle between Paddy Murray and Jarrod Hillary. Paddy has been quoted saying, 'Like a good mother tending her child that is cold, I will put a blanket over him'. Now that Sammy Murray has moved up to Sydney, Paddy has natuarally self oppointed himself as Henty's favourite son, I look forward to 'the favourite son' loping out of defence to kick a snag or ten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back