Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Another close loss for the Brookers this week. Whilst hard to take, it will be lessons learnt and hopeful less accepting of a 'good effort' in a loss. I think that is 3 or 4 this year under 5pts.

Jye Shields broke his collarbone on the weekend- big loss for the Lions. Muggavin might come this year after all with some $$$ freed up.

The magpies have been caught cheating!!!!! Hahahaha! A league official watched their game on Saturday and noticed the little amount of coaching Maher did and how much Lambert actually coached, now I know we are all shocked to learn that they would cheat the system but geez I hope they are made an example of so it sends a message to all other clubs. It would also be good to see the board show some backbone! The magpies response when fronted was that Maher just isn't up to it yet.

The magpies have been caught cheating!!!!! Hahahaha! A league official watched their game on Saturday and noticed the little amount of coaching Maher did and how much Lambert actually coached, now I know we are all shocked to learn that they would cheat the system but geez I hope they are made an example of so it sends a message to all other clubs. It would also be good to see the board show some backbone! The magpies response when fronted was that Maher just isn't up to it yet.
It was common knowledge that Corey was still the coach and they were only trying to save on points. Magpies should be docked a penalty of four points for every game they played with Mahers points altered including the games they lost.

63! 63 days. 63 excruciating days that the footballing public and all Jindera supporters alike have had to endure not being able to watch Mick Galvin dominate on the field. However this Saturday will end all the pain, well for everyone except Osborne. Osborne will expect to feel the full extent of The Mick Galvin's force. The Italian Stallion has given himself the new nickname of 'The Chef' and the Jindera oval 'His Kitchen'. He always says he brings the heat and will cook up a storm in 'his' kitchen. He said he will stir the pot and crack a few eggs along the way. He puts the Pound in Pound Cake, the smash in Smashed crab and I expect the 10 dollars to get through the gate will be well spent as he is sure to put on a clinic.

Going by the results today has proven one thing in my eyes... CDHBU are pretenders. Very basic football side

Last edited:
After watching Brock-Burrum v Lockhart today and witnessed something that I can't not comment about, before I go on the people on here who know who I am know I'm not an umpire basher, but after what I witnessed today I can safely say that Ken Wright is the worst umpire going around, he is borderline a cheat and directly wants have an impact on the result of the game. I understand that with umpire numbers in decline we need all the people we can and I also understand that without umpires we don't have a game, I am the first to shake the umpires hand after the game and say thanks for the role they play in our game. But he makes up rules to suit himself and picks a side early and gives them more than their share of made up free kicks. For example Hilary had kicked 3 in 3 minutes during the first qtr, the ball goes in again and he flew into the pack infront of him and takes the mark, wright pays a free kick against Hilary for "forceful contact"......to me and a lot of others it was a great Mark, he didn't touch them with his hands, his body hit the pack and he took the mark. Again, I hate doing this but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by the results today has proven one thing in my eyes... CDHBU are pretenders. Very basic football side

I don't usually like to give blokes the satisfaction by responding to their stupid comments , but for you to keep paying out on CDHBU has gotten the better of me. What do you get out of calling us pretenders? And what happened to your post which you have deleted? In the last 5-6 years we have gone from not knowing whether or not we can compete in the Hume League, or if you want to look at the bigger picture, even keep this club running! Over the past 4 years we have been able to play finals on a consistent basis , and within our football department we believe we have been a genuine threat. We have tasted success in our junior grades and don't look like falling away in the near future. So, instead of trying to run our Club down, how about try and replicate the culture we have built the past few years and just maybe down at John Foord Oval things might turn around. Once you stop letting your egos get in the way things will change, until then worry about what's going on in your own backyard, cheers!

^^^ good response Granny. Corowa are trying hard but obviously some supporters still think district footy clubs in the area are s**t but are still happy to take their juniors.

I think Corowa would die for a "pretender" tag at the moment instead of a " survivor mode" tag.

Anyway, I won't throw Corowa Footy club under the bus just because of one supporter.

Last edited:
When do clubs look towards 2017 and potential recruits? For the finals sides do they focus on footy & wait & for those who r going to miss do they start asap.
Clubs are looking for recruits all the time. I find most talks are informal(unless you're seeking a coach) and when the season is done you ramp it up. If you wait until the end of the season you're behind the eight ball.

I can't believe Corey Lambert has blasted the club's about the leagues decision to make Josh Maher 4 points again. I heard what their plan was before it even happened and I'm sure others did as well. They are lucky they haven't been docked points for the games that he played on reduced points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back