Hume Football League Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m asking the same question on a few forums as a conversation starter.
Do you think the Country League officials would consider pushing the season into November/December if we were able to get a start in June or July?
Grounds and Cricket would be an issue but can anyone see a way that could work?

I'd happily play a shortened summer comp if it meant getting some games in this season.

Hearing howlong have lured 3 new players from north Albury under 18s, should climb right up the ladder.
Aalbers pulling on the boots again, with him and Fowler up forward walla will finish top 3.

Looks like Community Sport will get going soon albeit in stages. If leagues can play by Mid June do you think the clubs actually want to?

Looks like Community Sport will get going soon albeit in stages. If leagues can play by Mid June do you think the clubs actually want to?
Im sure all clubs want to get back into it however the ease of restrictions surrounding crowd numbers,bar and canteen openings is crucial.I would say most clubs would say if ‘no crowds’ then no play!

If one league doesn't go ahead (as was suggested for the Hume league last week) but the others do, how will clubs handle the likely scenario of players asking for clearances? Wouldn't be realistic to expect every senior listed footballer from an entire league to sit on their arse every saturday while other leagues are back running around.

Last edited:
If one league doesn't go ahead (as was suggest for the Hume league last week) but the others do, how will clubs handle the likely scenario of players asking for clearances? Wouldn't be realistic to expect every senior listed footballer from an entire league to sit on their arse every saturday while other leagues are back running around.
fair comment

If one league doesn't go ahead (as was suggested for the Hume league last week) but the others do, how will clubs handle the likely scenario of players asking for clearances? Wouldn't be realistic to expect every senior listed footballer from an entire league to sit on their arse every saturday while other leagues are back running around.
Great question

isn’t the directive of playing coming direct from the AFL and all leagues will operate to the same time lines/caps etc? I can’t see clubs sitting it out. I can see paid players having to play for the love of it.

isn’t the directive of playing coming direct from the AFL and all leagues will operate to the same time lines/caps etc? I can’t see clubs sitting it out. I can see paid players having to play for the love of it.

Hoping so. I'm a paid player but would absolutely play for free.

The issue was the quote in the paper last week saying an option bring floated is to play junior footy and all the netball but not the senior grade football. Basically because that would be the cheapest option. Surely the first option in that regard would be to ask the players to play for free, but that wasn't suggested in the article.

Clearly everyone is struggling. Wouldn’t it be fantastic for the players to play this reduced season for free.
And maybe do it with out making it out to be some kind of act of heroism. Quietly go to your coach and say “I don’t need to be paid this year”.
No one else needs to hear about it.

Last edited:
Clearly everyone is struggling. Wouldn’t it be fantastic for the players to play this reduced season for free.

We would. But we haven't been given the option. Apparently the 'play everyone once' scenario has been knocked on the head by one club or multiple clubs so appears as though no season this year which is horribly disappointing. I wish the players were given a chance to have input.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would. But we haven't been given the option. Apparently the 'play everyone once' scenario has been knocked on the head by one club or multiple clubs so appears as though no season this year which is horribly disappointing. I wish the players were given a chance to have input.
The players are entitled to have an input

It’s been reported that the Hume League have written to all the clubs to find out who wants to play and who mightn’t.
Does anyone have any insight into how the clubs are thinking about the situation.

It’s been reported that the Hume League have written to all the clubs to find out who wants to play and who mightn’t.
Does anyone have any insight into how the clubs are thinking about the situation.
I think coaches sent out a memo to players few weeks ago asking what format they'd rather. Option 1 was, a split division for like an A comp and a B coming of hume league clubs.

Option 2, start season from June and play 12 weeks straight into September with no byes and no finals.

Happy to be corrected on.

I think coaches sent out a memo to players few weeks ago asking what format they'd rather. Option 1 was, a split division for like an A comp and a B coming of hume league clubs.

Option 2, start season from June and play 12 weeks straight into September with no byes and no finals.

Happy to be corrected on.

This never happened. If it did, not every contracted player was involved in the feedback.

Jindera have pulled the pin on the season, you can handle no premiership points, but if all teams aren’t participating in what ever eventuates, it’s a bit of a joke.

With the Hume League declaring they aren’t playing for a premiership this season does anyone expect players to request clearances to other leagues if they go ahead?

So the NSW Government have given the all clear for senior communuty sport to commence from July 1st with crowds , kiosk and bar facilities to be available.
Has the Hume League been premature in their decision to scrap the season ???

So the NSW Government have given the all clear for senior communuty sport to commence from July 1st with crowds , kiosk and bar facilities to be available.
Yes

YES

Doswell decision player led I'm hearing. May save a complete exodus next year. Tough to keep everyone happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back