Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The guys over at the Melbourne Marvels page have speculated that Christopher Michael Crowther was suspect #7 in the Sierra Files.
The herald sun, once released a top seven of the most likely suspects.

But Crowther seems too old to be Mr C, and he also targeted much younger girls. Can we rull him out??

they have updated their page-
Took the time to read through 'melbin marvels' & whilst it goes over old ground, it challenges my own memory of the times. I've two daughters around the same age as the Chan girls & living in Eltham with both girls being educated locally, I intend discussing some of the events with them, e.g Lower Plenty.

Well worth a read in my opinion, good work :thumbsu: .... locked down or up, no time like the present :'(

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
The guys over at the Melbourne Marvels page have speculated that Christopher Michael Crowther was suspect #7 in the Sierra Files.
The herald sun, once released a top seven of the most likely suspects.

But Crowther seems too old to be Mr C, and he also targeted much younger girls. Can we rull him out??

they have updated their page-
The Sierra Files… is that this seven suspects?

They ended up with seven suspects

1. Prime suspect, Brian Elkner

2. Married a Canadian woman and now lives there. His family are not in contact with him.

3. Daylesford. Has changed his name twice by deed poll since 1988. Was tracked down by Hun and told them where to go

4. Harcourt, but now spends most of his time in Melbourne. Uncontactable.

5. Knoxfield. Tradesman. Died in 2015.

6. Balwyn, now lives in Mt Waverley. Contacted by Hun, denied involvement.

7. Glen Iris. Mystery man. No answer at home he lived in 25 years ago. Not on electoral roll, phone book or social media.

So 5 is dead. 7 possibly. Others all probably alive.

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ron Iddles who worked on the case and is one of Australia’s most decorated cops with a 99% conviction rate, claims to have been told by a crim who was dying around ~2002 who they suspected MrC was - Iddles looked into him, was a successful businessman from Eltham known to police, used to go to the Chan’s restaurant and was known to cross dress and had converted his garage into a space that was said to resemble witness sketches. He had died in 1992.

Another high up cop is quoted as saying he was pretty sure it was Brian Elkner, but I don’t remember who said it.
Interesting Ron is doing a show on channel 7 called Homicide, I wonder if he will talk about his attempts in finding MrC

TheJanuaryMan

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is not a forum I venture into much so please forgive if I post something that sounds silly. With this case one thing always nagged at me as a possible theory.

Was Mr C a minor or even major celebrity type who Karmein Chan recognised? He seemed very comfortable with himself in terms of being so unhurried and taking so long about things that a degree of ego is quite likely - along the lines of "they could never catch and pin it on someone like ME". Yet making a mistake with Karmein Chan accidentally seeing him and instantly recognising who he was?

I realise this sounds very far fetched even as I write it but wondered if it was a line of enquiry ever pursued in any way...and no I would not even begin to know who he may be if this was the case. I equally realised that KC may have recognised him as someone very close to the family also which makes my theory rubbish.

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
This is not a forum I venture into much so please forgive if I post something that sounds silly. With this case one thing always nagged at me as a possible theory.

Was Mr C a minor or even major celebrity type who Karmein Chan recognised? He seemed very comfortable with himself in terms of being so unhurried and taking so long about things that a degree of ego is quite likely - along the lines of "they could never catch and pin it on someone like ME". Yet making a mistake with Karmein Chan accidentally seeing him and instantly recognising who he was?

I realise this sounds very far fetched even as I write it but wondered if it was a line of enquiry ever pursued in any way...and no I would not even begin to know who he may be if this was the case. I equally realised that KC may have recognised him as someone very close to the family also which makes my theory rubbish.
The theory that Chan was killed because she saw him is a very popular one. But not because he was recognisable - more so that he was always extremely diligent in getting rid of evidence.

If she became an eyewitness, well there’s really only one way to get rid of that.

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

top cop Ron suggested he may have been a local realestate idendtity, so you might be on the right track

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The web page over at "Melbourne Marvels" was updated again.
It remains the best place to catch up on old news articles and theories on Mr C

www.melbinmarvels.com

The latest entry, details the Sharron Wills abduction . so sit back and read through the various articles. (a long read)
A lot that I haven't seen before, including the channel 10 connection and photos from behind the home.

They continue to explore the Linesman theory and partly suggest MrC may have been from interstate?
I certainly would not limit the suspect pool to Melbourne and surrounds

Its good that someone is still on the case

Its often suggested the first victim in a series of crimes is the most significant.
The offender and family may have crossed paths at some stage. Obviously without the parents thinking he was threat.

Last edited:

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last edited:

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
When the story was being covered in the late '90's early 2000s, the name Maurice Marion was always being mentioned, but with the seeming resolution of the Prue Bird case, this has fallen away. I was a big fan of Henderson Kids and he had a memorable scene in that show...memorable because his violent history would have been fully known to the show's producers.

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
With the new work being done on the WT case. and the quick wrap up of the CS case in WA.
I wonder if VicPol feel the pressure to open up the Mr Cruel case again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad