Unsolved Hunt for Mr Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting in that a judge is free to perhaps suggest someone that could fit whom they have seen in public court?

Are you thinking perhaps that it was closed court or related to similar to lawyer x that caused “close to crossing the line?”

Yeah given it was in the wake of Lawyer X I think they were investigating cases where legal figures similarly crossed the line and “informed” on criminals to police. It sounds like these lawyers and judges essentially did that - told the detective they suspected this person/s and to look into them.

Iddles says his suspect was a well known criminal, which fits.

hope they do another interview with Ron, stiil alot more questions to fire at him.
Like how Mr Cruel selected his victims, a question Ron might be able to speculate on

Please not another telecom tech... must say they definitely had freedom of working hours and not overly suspicious getting around the neighbourhood.

When i first started reading about the case. Telecom tech would be the first traddie I would have picked, most likely to have access the the victims properties.
But as suggested in the forum, a property manager or agent could be likely too. Based his clothing description on the early attacks "tweed jacket" tradies just dont wear tweed!

When i first started reading about the case. Telecom tech would be the first traddie I would have picked, most likely to have access the the victims properties.
But as suggested in the forum, a property manager or agent could be likely too. Based his clothing description on the early attacks "tweed jacket" tradies just dont wear tweed!
My thoughts too!!! On the tweed! But who knows could be stolen, borrowed or sports coat worn for dinners. But interesting of what you would wear.. telecom def had access and IMO authority and trust at the time. What’s the bloke doing? Oh it’s just telecom all good. But it could be anyone.. hope that this gets solved although think unlikely.
Theres definately some avenues to review on real estate agents at the time or land sales but wouldn’t want to out completely innocent people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah I watched to the interview again. the other guy died in 92, still rearching for his ID
His MO was very similar but they did say ruled out. It would nice to know how they ruled him out which won’t happen. He is another monster and no doubt responsible for other unsolved cases.

The dwelling where Mr cruel took the victims, had at least 3 rooms, Detective Ron also described a chunky lounge suite in a living area.
Ron also talks about a suspect, who had done his shed up to look like a dweling. What the chance of an offender to building a "film set" like area, in his shed?
Its more likely he used a small home or flat?. (small bath room with basin next to the toilet)

The victims are the key to finding its location.. Police should have asked the following questions, to pinpoint the dwellings area
whats the approximate travel time from your home to the offenders address? (10 min 20 min 1hr etc)
did he continually make left or right turns, possibly extending the travel time?
did you stop for lengthy periods at say traffic lights? (main road)
did you travel across any railway tracks, double or single?
did you stop at any railway crossings waiting for a train? what did the train sound like, small passenger or large goods train?
did you smell anything along the way, bakery or farmland?
did he drive eratically or steady?
did he drive on any dirt roads?
did he drive up any steep hills or down into any creek crossings?
did you hear large trucks on the road? (main road)
did you hear light aircraft or heavy flying over? (Flight path)

Given the approx travel time and sounds along the way. it is possible to pinpoint the rough location

The dwelling where Mr cruel took the victims, had at least 3 rooms, Detective Ron also described a chunky lounge suite in a living area.
Ron also talks about a suspect, who had done his shed up to look like a dweling. What the chance of an offender to building a "film set" like area, in his shed?
Its more likely he used a small home or flat?. (small bath room with basin next to the toilet)

The victims are the key to finding its location.. Police should have asked the following questions, to pinpoint the dwellings area
whats the approximate travel time from your home to the offenders address? (10 min 20 min 1hr etc)
did he continually make left or right turns, possibly extending the travel time?
did you stop at any railway crossings waiting for a train? what did the train sound like, small passenger or large goods train?

Given the approx travel time and sounds along the way. it is possible to pinpoint the rough location

All done at the time & they spent plenty of time going over the landing approaches to both Tulla & Essendon.

Im pretty sure police would have asked all those questions..

On the use of “bozo” unusual Australian speech but I had a thought, “the wonder years TV sitcom/show” not sure if this term was used in the show, but it was permanent fixture on the tv in my family growing up. Potentially americanised terms or slang.

Also looking back it was apparently a term used commonly in WW1, therefore maybe a learned speech from someone at about Mr Cruel’s estimated age range.

I do recall this age range using this terminology perhaps more around a younger audience.

To be honest I think too much energy was put into this thought process however it may or may not have spurred an insight into someone who used these words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back