Unsolved Hunt for Mr Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

do you think the Chan and Siriboon cases are linked?
jm1 , I'm very much into identikits, so that article got me interested due to the identikits.
i would suggest "maybe not" but I have nothing to prove that, so my opinion is worthless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have written to Media Watch. I haven't written to Channel 9 yet. I imagine they wouldn't really care. I did speak to their researcher back in September who complimented the website. Little did I expect that she was stealing the map and going to pretend it was Mike King's ridiculous GIS technology which found the locations of the substations. Rather it was trawling through old Melways how I found them. And many of the locations are insignificant. For example, the LP attck was 5km away from the Watsonia substation, not close at all. Yet they claimed on the show it was close. The reason I have it marked on may was not because of its proximity to the LP attack but rather because I know linesmen were questioned by police there about the case. This was lost on Mike King and the researchers of the show though. The same goes for the Heatherton substation and its proximity to where the 14 year old Hampton victim was dumped. Again, not close at all, 5km away. These details don't strenghten the electrcial connections theory at all. I'm in the process of doing a big post on all of this plagiarism, and all of the inaccuracies in the show too, such as many of the ones that have already been pointed out on this forum like the embarrassing "Australia's worst serial killer". Channel 9 are a f....g joke.
indeed that is despicable plagiarism from that ch9 show.
I hope you were compensated.
The "aust worst serial killer?" title is disgraceful.
The next episode they release was the granny killer who fits the title.
What on earth caused them to ask if Mr C is the worst SK ? no need to answer...
well done MMarvels and C Bailey for all you do.

So the first victim was described as being in Lower Plenty/Eltham. They owned expensive clothing purchased overseas, rare expensive record collection, and their house was "surrounded by trees" and had so be large and secluded enough for a window to be broken without alerting the owners or neighbours. Well it's got to be one of the mansions on Rosehill Rd, right on the Lower Plenty Eltham border right?

MelbourneMarvels, your work is incredible, and I am so angry on your behalf about what Channel 9 did. You deserve credit for it.

I remember the Karmein Chan case because I grew up in Melbourne and was a couple of years younger. I was pretty obsessed with the news stories about it and watched and read everything I could. I've been trying to recall it and there are a couple of things.

The first is that when the media repeatedly posed to police the question that it was the work of Mr Cruel, police said it was not and that it was a copycat/someone trying to use Mr Cruel as cover. This went on for days; my parents had to explain to me who Mr Cruel was. Police also said that it was someone who knew the Chans and I remember thinking, "Well I'm safe because my parents are boring and have no friends".

Now obviously police could have been keeping the real information from the public (easier to do back then with only basic MSM), especially because whoever it was had Karmein and they wanted her returned, so if it was Mr Cruel maybe best to pretend they weren't onto him. Or of course police could have changed their view subsequently. It may have been that the fact that Karmein was kept much longer and ultimately murdered that threw them until they did some more investigation and research. But just some food for thought that maybe the conclusion that Karmein was taken by Mr Cruel is not as clear cut as it appears.

It does strike me that the person Ron Iddles talks about apparently frequented the restaurant. That would fit into the category of "knowing the Chans".

So the first victim was described as being in Lower Plenty/Eltham. They owned expensive clothing purchased overseas, rare expensive record collection, and their house was "surrounded by trees" and had so be large and secluded enough for a window to be broken without alerting the owners or neighbours. Well it's got to be one of the mansions on Rosehill Rd, right on the Lower Plenty Eltham border right?
The theft component of the attack, shapes my profile of cruel.
An unemployed or unemployable looser, house breaking may have escalated into the other crimes. He may been the local graffiti artist.
Never know he could have come from a well-off background, but Cruel by no means fitted in.

Andrew Rule's latest podcast

Andrew Rule's latest podcast

Yeah listened to Podcast... Andrew took a swipe at Armchair detectives. He referred to them as fantasists
He mentioned correspondence between himself and a researcher, Im not sure where he was going with that
He really sprouted yet a another brief outline of the case with out offering his own opinion on matter.

Yeah listened to Podcast... Andrew took a swipe at Armchair detectives. He referred to them as fantasists
He mentioned correspondence between himself and a researcher, Im not sure where he was going with that
He really sprouted yet a another brief outline of the case with out offering his own opinion on matter.

Just listened... I don't think he was having a swipe at them as such, he said some are fantasists while others have done some very good work. Which I would say is true.

I was surprised he devoted any time to the Mr Chan-underworld murder theory, I'm pretty sure most regard it as a total conspiracy theory with little basis.

melbournemarvels probably worth getting in touch with him if you haven't already given he's just done this podcast. You've done a heap of work... he may or may not take an interest but there's no love lost between Nine and Newscorp

andrew.rule@news.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened... I don't think he was having a swipe at them as such, he said some are fantasists while others have done some very good work. Which I would say is true.

I was surprised he devoted any time to the Mr Chan-underworld murder theory, I'm pretty sure most regard it as a total conspiracy theory with little basis.

melbournemarvels probably worth getting in touch with him if you haven't already given he's just done this podcast. You've done a heap of work... he may or may not take an interest but there's no love lost between Nine and Newscorp

andrew.rule@news.com.au
I guess the underworld murder theory, added a lil bit of drama to the podcast.
But isnt that what Mr Cruel's all about? a little bit of drama and illusion.
1/ Fake fellow assailant. Regards to the phone call and talking to himself at the safe house
2/ Deflecting on his crappy old car. "its a car he borrowed"
3/ Theft of items
4/ Prop Gun, He never discharged it, during the attacks. We don't know it its real
5/ Eating at the victims home
6/ Substation Thing, could he be the Moth-Man?

I believe Police regularly monitored and inspected a house in Dawson Street, Reservoir for the alleged Mr Cruel. The house number is between 13 and 27. The flight paths were apparently a give-away.

I believe Police regularly monitored and inspected a house in Dawson Street, Reservoir for the alleged Mr Cruel. The house number is between 13 and 27. The flight paths were apparently a give-away.

what do you mean flight paths were apparently a give away ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very, very, very close to where Karmein Chan's body was located.

New podcast from Andrew Rule.

Yeah, was about to post this & plenty of evidence to point to a likely suspect... including a house that fit the description of what Police were searching for based on the girl's description & in the flight path.

Also, would explain why Mr Cruel stopped offending.... as he was killed.

It’s an interesting theory if nothing else. I’ve actually heard Iddles speak of it before, about the hardened Melbourne crim who told him who Mr Cruel was before he died, but he never named names. So looks like he’s now told Rule he can do so.

I’d like to hear from Iddles himself… how seriously did he take the story?

Is there any evidence at all that Lee could have been involved or was a pedophile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back