Hunted

Remove this Banner Ad

I desperately want this show to be believable as it's a refreshing reality tv concept but there are some horrific plot holes:
  • what's the point in wearing a disguise when you have a *ing cameraman next to you
  • why are most of the associates of the fugitives so helpful to the ground hunters?! they're not cops, just tell them to f** off and slam the door
  • 2 teams have been so amateur and stupid with their social media trolling which has come back to bite them in the ass

I understand that the $300 gift card evens the playing field as if it was just a full cash allowance given they could go off grid for longer. You could easily get around this by trading an average punter for $280 cash so they're $20 up and you're off the scent.

I laughed at the old lady ground team being substituted when they couldn't chase down the aboriginal pair. Such a bad choice for a ground team.

If there is a second season hopefully the team cameramen are more inconspicuous or are not there at all.
If the camera men aren't there, you'll be watching an hour of go pro footage.

We checked their facebook, they have 500 friends but they have this friend in Geelong, we'll go check that house out.....oh what a coincidence, they have been at this exact house....:rolleyes:🤣
With Stathi and Matt, they already seemed to know their helper "owned" a church. But from watching the show I had the clear impression her parents owned it.

So, they find out Stathi and Matt are talking to a friend in Geelong or somewhere. How do they find out her parents own a church in the outback? If it's not specifically referenced, that info is pretty hard to find.

We checked their facebook, they have 500 friends but they have this friend in Geelong, we'll go check that house out.....oh what a coincidence, they have been at this exact house....:rolleyes:🤣
I reckon those camera men have snitchy triggers.

With Stathi and Matt, they already seemed to know their helper "owned" a church. But from watching the show I had the clear impression her parents owned it.

So, they find out Stathi and Matt are talking to a friend in Geelong or somewhere. How do they find out her parents own a church in the outback? If it's not specifically referenced, that info is pretty hard to find.
'script' 🤫

I reckon those camera men have snitchy triggers.

so it would not surprise me if:
1. its all scripted
2. the camera men on scene are in full conversation with producers who leak information/clues to the chasers
3. the contestants can choose 5 people they know to help them and the chasers know these 5 and work through the list

zero chance that its not set up at all in some/all apsects

Sonny-Joe and Grace looked like they might go the distance until they had some hard luck....

Talking about going the distance, it appeared they were a couple when Sonny-Joe said "it's like we are married". But it turns out Grace is on dating apps and they are "friends". I suspect friends without benefits. Sonny-Joe has been on the friend ladder for 20 years. He got bigger problems than being found at Ballarat Rail Station.

If the camera men aren't there, you'll be watching an hour of go pro footage.

So be it if it makes it more realistic? When Sonny-Joe and Grace were randomly spotted last night, the ground hunters said that them changing clothes on the street gave them away. Um what about a f***ing cameraman filming them too??

I didn't watch the first episode. How long a head start do the get when the leave Fed Square? Surely you go straight to an ATM, draw all you money out, and f*** off quickly?
It wasn't explicitly stated how long they got but yes they could've/should've done that as well. A lot of amateur teams, hopefully next season's will have better strategies.

So be it if it makes it more realistic? When Sonny-Joe and Grace were randomly spotted last night, the ground hunters said that them changing clothes on the street gave them away. Um what about a f***ing cameraman filming them too??
But you just won't enjoy it. It would be 10 levels below any television standard.

Trust me, I watch those hours of gro pro footage so you don't have to!

It's one of those shows that you have to suspend a bit of belief. The camera men aren't the biggest issue.

Why aren't these PIs chasing real crooks if they are that good? There's a million questions. Just enjoy it.

But you just won't enjoy it. It would be 10 levels below any television standard.

It's one of those shows that you have to suspend a bit of belief. The camera men aren't the biggest issue.

Why aren't these PIs chasing real crooks if they are that good? There's a million questions. Just enjoy it.

agree, you need actual cameramen otherwise you'd feel sick watching the camera bounce and would be s**t footage. In the end its just a tv show made for entertainment. I like to poke fun at it for the absurdity of the 'realism' but still watchable (family love it so i sit through it)

Or at least give the cameramen slightly smaller lower quality cameras so they can blend in a little better? I wouldn't mind proper camera work during the down times and happy to cop the gopro footage during the chase scenes.

The PI's have been shown they're not that good and need a shitload of clues sprinked around lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the appeal of shows like this is to have people at home thinking they can do a better job, it's why game shows ask general knowledge questions - there isn't any value in someone telling you what colour an orange is but Jane Genius at home would have known that, what a moron.

Meanwhile shows like this have support staff who have a phone in their pocket that they can't keep out of their hand less than six times an hour - there's no means why which investigators would ever find someone remotely prepared and motivated. But they will always catch the people on a show like this because it's genuinely not interesting for someone to hide in a culvert 100km from town for six weeks.

Part of the appeal of shows like this is to have people at home thinking they can do a better job, it's why game shows ask general knowledge questions - there isn't any value in someone telling you what colour an orange is but Jane Genius at home would have known that, what a moron.

Meanwhile shows like this have support staff who have a phone in their pocket that they can't keep out of their hand less than six times an hour - there's no means why which investigators would ever find someone remotely prepared and motivated. But they will always catch the people on a show like this because it's genuinely not interesting for someone to hide in a culvert 100km from town for six weeks.

that would be funny, one group goes and hide in a cave somewhere, living off the land and turn up 6 weeks later for their money

Part of the appeal of shows like this is to have people at home thinking they can do a better job,

MKR - I can't cook for s**t
The Block - I have limited creativity skills and would be the weakest link by far
The voice - I can't sing

But Hunted. It's the only reality show I could do well in. But as the above poster said - I don't know if they let you disappear into a cave for 21 days.

I bet the camera man was in Joe "the friend ladder" and Grace's ear the whole time going, "I reckon this is risky, should head to station and go somewhere else.." every 5 minutes.

The PI's have been shown they're not that good and need a shitload of clues sprinked around lol.
They don't have as many tools as you think though.

The CCTV camera is not instantly accessed for obvious reasons. There is about an hour delay on that.

But my point is, as FRUMPY mentioned, it's just TV. I'm sure they don't want the camera men in shot but sometimes it's the only shot available.

For all points being discussed, there is a genuine competition between the hunters and fugitives.

MKR - I can't cook for s**t
The Block - I have limited creativity skills and would be the weakest link by far
The voice - I can't sing

But Hunted. It's the only reality show I could do well in. But as the above poster said - I don't know if they let you disappear into a cave for 21 days.

I bet the camera man was in Joe "the friend ladder" and Grace's ear the whole time going, "I reckon this is risky, should head to station and go somewhere else.." every 5 minutes.

I expect there is also a producer with each group keeping the show moving, also on their phone every ten minutes checking their social media, who would be giving away their location.

But if it were a competition where the producer, the camera operator and the contestant all received the same prize money and it went up each day they weren't caught - with some mechanism for sending the recorded footage back each day that didn't expose their location then it would effectively become a show teaching people how to evade capture and survive on the land.

Creative solutions to getting drinking water and food etc.

Which is counter productive.

I expect there is also a producer with each group keeping the show moving, also on their phone every ten minutes checking their social media, who would be giving away their location.

Do you think the producers would have been bored and annoyed at the Indian mates chilling for a week or so with their contacts in Taylors Lakes and nudged them to travel to rural areas which would start a massive list of mistakes?

I found a list of rules that are from the UK version, no idea how many we've adopted but wouldn't be surprised if it's most of them.

Some included
Have to move location every 2 days and at least 8km
Must use the bank card at least twice and can't be the same day
Can't go back to the same location more than twice

All designed to keep things moving along and stopping teams bunkering down for 3 weeks

I found a list of rules that are from the UK version, no idea how many we've adopted but wouldn't be surprised if it's most of them.

Some included
Have to move location every 2 days and at least 8km
Must use the bank card at least twice and can't be the same day
Can't go back to the same location more than twice

All designed to keep things moving along and stopping teams bunkering down for 3 weeks
I'm ok with that but I'm not sure if they put the rules out there (on the show). Without those rules, lots of people would be taking 100k off them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back