Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
30A821AE-0706-4E57-92AE-F8573F6FA1C6.jpeg

LOL

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Both clubs too far apart on this one. North will point to his injury history whilst the Saints will point to their initial draft investment and performance when healthy. The idea of North giving up a top 3 pick in a 4-5 player draft made me sick so I am glad we didn't buckle. Hopefully Clark doesn't sook up and commits to playing good footy for the Saints for at least this upcoming season.

ChristianBoy

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 15, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wonder what StKilda had in mind for that future 2nd round pick.

Lock it in they say.

Never happening.

so we offered a future second which if you go by what people think could be pick 19/20 and a third round pick this year which would have been mid 30s after the bids

seemed pretty decent tbh

its more value than what saints wanted from a points perspective which was 9 and clark for 3 valuing him at pick 25

ah well early third rounder next year for him when out of contract

The Boar

Premium Gold
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
so we offered a future second which if you go by what people think could be pick 19/20 and a third round pick this year which would have been mid 30s after the bids

seemed pretty decent tbh

its more value than what saints wanted from a points perspective which was 9 and clark for 3 valuing him at pick 25

It's not a good deal for a Team that needs top end quality, not depth picks.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

seemed pretty decent tbh

Points are irrelevant unless there is an academy or FS in play, neither which we had.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

seemed pretty decent tbh

All that does is prove the points system means absolutely nothing

I can see why both clubs said no, despite each offer being better in terms of points to the club receiving the offer

Unless he has even more bad luck with injury I can't see him going for less than a 2nd uncontracted. The 3rd rounder is neither here nor there

The problem North will have though is there will be half a dozen other Melbourne clubs with interest this time.

I wouldn't get too cocky just yet

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not a good deal for a Team that needs top end quality, not depth picks.
I agree with this.

It’s not.

I would have done 3 > Clark + 2023 R1 personally - I wonder if it were offered?

We would have been violated mercilessly by the media but I reckon it would have worked out beneficial for both sides in a big way.

ChristianBoy

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 15, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne

seemed pretty decent tbh

David King has revealed himself.

The problem North will have though is there will be half a dozen other Melbourne clubs with interest this time.

I wouldn't get too cocky just yet

Meaningless if he still wants to come to us though. He wanted to come to us after 2 wooden spoons and murky coaching situation.

Like us with Xerri last year, didn't have draft capital at that point in time for where the club is at, and understandably trade didn't get done.

I think the issue will just be if he still wants to come next year.

Back