Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

Remove this Banner Ad

How about if we trade 33,43 and 53 to the Lions for 21.

Does 21 get Clark?
I don't think that Brisbane can afford to split their 2nd and 3rd round picks much more before the draft as they will struggle to create enough vacant list spots to take them to the draft. I think they will have pre-arranged live trades down for these picks as soon the Ashcroft bid comes.

I think if North get Port's pick #8, the Clark deal will get done.
I'd think we'd walk away from a straight swap deal if that is the price. Think we are trying to get pick 2 out of Port via West Coast. Would you take Miles Bergman for Clark?

Our 2nd round pick is basically a late first round pick. Given his form and output there's no way he's worth more than that. No chance.
Hunter's contract is what's driving the premium.
Its just like how we're telling Port they can go jump re JHF if they don't pony up a godfather offer.
Whether our list management team think that's a worthwhile deal is a separate question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2nd round pick is basically a late first round pick. Given his form and output there's no way he's worth more than that. No chance.
It's a second round pick

It will be 19 at the very best but will likely push out further depending on where you finish and academy prospects (which there are quite a few of next year)

No chance that happens

As it stands, it's unlikely Clark will be traded anyway. Seems to have cooled on North after the Clarko news.

If he was traded, it would need to be for more than a late 2nd and some fringe players.
Incorrect. Saints have realised they won’t get the value they’d hoped when they shopped him around. Hunters camp aren’t happy.

North didn’t chase Clark. Saints put him on the market. It’s an important difference.
Have you got a source for that one? I've seen that clubs think that he's "gettable", but havent seen anything that says that we were shopping him around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back