Toast Hurbleton

Remove this Banner Ad

300tfef.jpg

i think it was about a month ago on the channel 10 footy show in which i call "Essendon haters with Lloydy" and Lloydy said he thought Gumby would have to be kicking goals and be in form to get into the seniors. I wonder if he would say the same thing now???

I think we a desperate to get some guys in the forward line who can take contested marks, Hurley is on of them (hopefully back in this week) and Gumby maybe hold him in the 2's for a month for some match fitness, but i dont think we need him to be kicking bags of goals or taking 12-15marks a game in the 2s to bring him in.

i think it was about a month ago on the channel 10 footy show in which i call "Essendon haters with Lloydy" and Lloydy said he thought Gumby would have to be kicking goals and be in form to get into the seniors. I wonder if he would say the same thing now???

I think we a desperate to get some guys in the forward line who can take contested marks, Hurley is on of them (hopefully back in this week) and Gumby maybe hold him in the 2's for a month for some match fitness, but i dont think we need him to be kicking bags of goals or taking 12-15marks a game in the 2s to bring him in.

Thats it exactly.

Gumbleton, despite his faults is an excellent contested mark.

Hurbleton is still the way to go IMO. Two KPFs, Crameri as the third, Jetta AND Davey as crumbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing has changed.

Gumbleton is still injured - supposed to play this week for Bendigo - Hasn't had one dominating performance for Bendigo - I want a minimum two games for Bendigo-where he is in the best 2 or 3 players.

I suggest that there is a 50% chance he won't play seniors this season.

The issue is Gumbleton is constantly injured. He like many others in sport continue to be hampered with reoccurring injuries. As much as I want him to play I just can't stop thinking he won't make it due to his injuries. I know a few players who never made it in tennis and football because of injuries. The one in tennis was Australia's best on clay court for a period of time but it all ended with reoccurring injuries like Gumby.

I hope to god I'm proven wrong but the signs just don't look good so far.

Enjoy it folks.. this looks like it will be a very rare occurence in the future so any time it happens make sure your are there.

You want to tell your kids that you saw Hurley and Gumbleton step out onto the park at the same time and complete a game of AFL.

You want to tell your kids that you saw Hurley and Gumbleton step out onto the park at the same time and complete a game of AFL.

At the rate we're going, you speak too soon, sir.

This is akin to the planets aligning though. No matter what our record there, Football Park has now reached the status of a Holy Ground, along with Windy Hill and the grounds we've won premierships at.

At the rate we're going, you speak too soon, sir.

Was gonna say the same thing.... settle down Kelvin! There's still another 40-odd hours until the game starts.... anything could happen before then!

As for completing* the game, pffft.

* knocks on every piece of wood within sight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back