Rumour Hurley out for the year

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Free agent end of next year.

He might as well chase a flag if he has any time left potentially playing.

Would be a handy back up for a Port Adelaide or Brisbane for a year or two

Oliver09

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
berwick
AFL Club
Essendon
Free agent end of next year.

He might as well chase a flag if he has any time left potentially playing.

Would be a handy back up for a Port Adelaide or Brisbane for a year or two
No he wouldn't, he was poor last year, his foot skills have deserted him and he can't/won't man up on anyone. As awful it is for him that his health isn't great at the moment it's good for the team that he isn't around taking up the spot of a younger player. The Hurley of 2014-18, the years he was a permanent backman, is gone and never coming back unfortunately.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No he wouldn't, he was poor last year, his foot skills have deserted him and he can't/won't man up on anyone. As awful it is for him that his health isn't great at the moment it's good for the team that he isn't around taking up the spot of a younger player. The Hurley of 2014-18, the years he was a permanent backman, is gone and never coming back unfortunately.

Wow, been your best defender for the last 15 years and your just happy to knife him immediately.

Oliver09

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
berwick
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow, been your best defender for the last 15 years and your just happy to knife him immediately.
Not knifing him at all, just a realistic assessment of where he is at. He's contracted for next season as well. He's unlikely to play this year so what does playing him next year achieve? He's done, would love him be a star until his late 30s like Fletcher but it isn't going to happen.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
I've heard Hurley is out for the year with an infection as part of his recent op.
Well i tell you what.infection is a mother fooker.no bullshit i have had 5 hip replacements in 4.5 years,been on crutches for last 3 months and have another hip replacement next week
I would get cabin fever if not for big footy.

Well i tell you what.infection is a mother fooker.no bullshit i have had 5 hip replacements in 4.5 years,been on crutches for last 3 months and have another hip replacement next week
I would get cabin fever if not for big footy.
Someone on our board tells a similar story. Everything has to be removed and cleaned out and then put back in again in what is a horribly invasive surgery. Sounds like a nightmare to have to live through so best wishes with your recovery. I think Hurley just had a bit of a clean out and may have had a labral tear.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Someone on our board tells a similar story. Everything has to be removed and cleaned out and then put back in again in what is a horribly invasive surgery. Sounds like a nightmare to have to live through so best wishes with your recovery. I think Hurley just had a bit of a clean out and may have had a labral tear.
Yeah that was me. l had the metal removed on Feb 17 and plastic put in but I dont have a hip joint as such , the plastic hits pelvis with every motion.
Unfortunately when they put the plastic spacer in my femur got broken. Next week I will have a new metal hip prosthesis put back in and the femur fractures will be wired at the same time.They could not fix femur at the time because it would have meant putting metal back in.
I have been in a shitload of pain but at least I have something that can be fixed thankfully.
After next week I will get back on track. At the moment I can spend roughly 30 mins per day on the crutches does fook with me head a bit. but anyway I will get there.
thanks Dero

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I think it stands to reason if you’re going to post something on the Scandals/Rumours board you’d take 3 seconds to google it First. Been plenty of news articles regarding it, and it’s brought up during the coverage of most of our games.
I think it stands to reason that if you don't have anything to add to a post outside of criticising the OP then perhaps consider how invaluable your time is.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it stands to reason that if you don't have anything to add to a post outside of criticising the OP then perhaps consider how invaluable your time is.

So instead we should all applaud and say wow what a rumour, great stuff OP?!

What sort of daycare wonderful fairyland do you think the internet is?

Sep 12, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
But I clearly did add something. I confirmed his “Rumour” and provided additional detail. You on the other hand, just seem keen to get offended on someone else’s behalf.

What exactly have you contributed in your 3 posts here?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
But I clearly did add something. I confirmed his “Rumour” and provided additional detail. You on the other hand, just seem keen to get offended on someone else’s behalf.

What exactly have you contributed in your 3 posts here?
About as much as you have. We should both cease posting.

billyboutsis

All Australian
Sep 23, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
Yeah that was me. l had the metal removed on Feb 17 and plastic put in but I dont have a hip joint as such , the plastic hits pelvis with every motion.
Unfortunately when they put the plastic spacer in my femur got broken. Next week I will have a new metal hip prosthesis put back in and the femur fractures will be wired at the same time.They could not fix femur at the time because it would have meant putting metal back in.
I have been in a shitload of pain but at least I have something that can be fixed thankfully.
After next week I will get back on track. At the moment I can spend roughly 30 mins per day on the crutches does fook with me head a bit. but anyway I will get there.
thanks Dero

that sounds hectic bud, wishing you a successful procedure and recovery

Back