Rumour Hurley to stay at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I 100% would

Unlike the AFL media I do take drugs in sport seriously
I would so love it if the Hawks went after Hurley now. My guess is that the worst you would do is grumble about him being there, before eventually forgiving him after you conclude that he's served his penalty and everybody deserves a second chance. There's no way you are going to drop the team you've supported all your life over one questionable player.

The thing that makes me feel awkward about Melbourne's interest in Hurley is not the Essendon drug scandal - that has played itself out already - but the assault he committed on an innocent taxi driver. I'm not sure he's such a good guy.

I would so love it if the Hawks went after Hurley now. My guess is that the worst you would do is grumble about him being there, before eventually forgiving him after you conclude that he's served his penalty and everybody deserves a second chance. There's no way you are going to drop the team you've supported all your life over one questionable player.

The thing that makes me feel awkward about Melbourne's interest in Hurley is not the Essendon drug scandal - that has played itself out already - but the assault he committed on an innocent taxi driver. I'm not sure he's such a good guy.

Not quite, I was rope-able that they were "considering" Carlisle last year, don't want "tainted" players in the team. Luckily they saw common sense (and St Kilda leap frogged everyone).

I actually would, I couldn't under any circumstance support a team of a league that recruits a player that has been found guilty of an offence by the CAS care of WADA.
Yeah I'm sure your heart was genuinely in your mouth when Hawthorn pushed for Carlisle last year.

Anyway you're all talk and this a pointless discussion. If list managers and coaches had as inflexible a view as you do they wouldn't have a job.

Yeah I'm sure your heart was genuinely in your mouth when Hawthorn pushed for Carlisle last year.

Anyway you're all talk and this a pointless discussion. If list managers and coaches had as inflexible a view as you do they wouldn't have a job.

You can read my thoughts about how stupid Hawthorn would be if they signed him on the Hawthorn board :)

They literally had a press release from the club two days ago saying he has been offered a new contract, this thread is crap.
Yeah, followed by an article in the press of how he'd be offered a 5yr contract.

You can smell the desperation in getting that signature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, followed by an article in the press of how he'd be offered a 5yr contract.

You can smell the desperation in getting that signature.
You'd love our boy, ABASI MODERATOR but I would be amazed if you could afford to pay him, especially in light of recent rumours circulating regarding player payments at Hawthorn.

The important thing to note is that he is already contracted and the offer mooted is actually an extension...

Well if he came to Hawthorn I'd quit watching AFL.... so then I guess everyone would be hoping he comes to the Hawks then ;) :D :p
But you continued supporting Hawthorn after injunctiongate?

You'd love our boy, ABASI MODERATOR but I would be amazed if you could afford to pay him, especially in light of recent rumours circulating regarding player payments at Hawthorn.

The important thing to note is that he is already contracted and the offer mooted is actually an extension...
A 5yr extension?

Sounds like they're not confident.

VAvZ9.jpg

Lucky he's not going to Hawthorn. I imagine it would be difficult to get into the game having to turn your back 25+ times.
What does this even mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back