Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2008
In amongst it all
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Queensland State of Origin
Michael Hurley vs Lockie Henderson?

Who do you rate out of these two future superstars of the competition?

Henderson is 6 months older and has been more consistent so far in his career.

Either way both players are going to be the best KPP's in the game over the next 5-10 years barring injury.

Either way both players are going to be the best KPP's in the game over the next 5-10 years barring injury.

Hurley by a fair margin. Just has that X factor that Henderson doesn't. Hurley is a much better kick of the football also.

At this stage i would take Hurley ..love the way he plays his footy ...Henderson is slowly improving his game and hopefully he can start to fulfill his potential this season .

* ps i'm assuming the thread is about Henderson from Carlton and not the Henderson from the Crows

Lachy's coming along, but Hurley gives the sense that he could rip a game to shreds. Henderson doesn't have that yet.

Add the same view.

Hurly looks to have that something special extra that will big games of football for an extended period. Henderson looks to have that look that says he will be a good player through his prime years.

I don't think so, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson will be very good for us for the next 10 years and so will Hurley at Essendon. Far too early to say who will become the better player but Hurley's versatility at this stage gets him the points.

Ok fair enough. I should have said in 2010 he was more consistent

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3111&tid2=4&pid2=2308&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Am I missing something? Why did you post that link, is it meant to prove that Henderson was more consistant?

If anything it proves the opposite.

Hurley has been ultra consistant over his career to date. People just think he wasn't that good in 2010 because they were expecting him to have a massive year based on his good debut year.

I'm Henderson's biggest fan (I took him with the number one pick on the Carlton Buddy Draft even, so there :eek:) but at the moment Hurley's definitely shown more.

Henderson will keep developing and if it all comes together for him, will be a very good CHF for a long time to come. He definitely lacks self belief at present and looks to pass off instead of taking the shot when kick from a remotely difficult position. Needs to learn to use his body better (focuses solely on the footy giving his opponent a free run at the ball) but in terms of his actual leading, there's a lot of Jonathan Brown there. Not overly quick but good repeat efforts, leads hard and usually to the right places. Big frame that's hard to get around but again, needs to learn to use it to his advantage.

reckon dawes, hurley and henderson will be right up there
hurley though will become a superstar, no questions asked. i wouldnt complain if i were carlton either since they got henderson in the trade bungle that was michael voss circa 2009

Hurley by a fair margin.
Hurley will be a superstar, Henderson will be a good player.

Hurley by quite some way. Henderson hasn't shown a hell of a lot yet except for a weird penchant for kicking the ball out on the full.

Happy with Yarran and a slightly inferior version of Hurley in Watson (who going by his preseason games looks very promising indeed).

son.jpg

I'm biased but I'm going with Hurley - he has that ability to influence contests no matter what, and his work below the knees is fantastic for a big guy, I'd only have Franklin ahead of him in that respect...and then there's his ability to kick 60+ metres on both pegs.

IMO Henderson really came on in leaps and bounds during the last 6-7-8 weeks of 2010. His marking improved out of sight, with better strength and more practice kicking for goal he will be one of the better KP forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back