Hurn high hit on Honeychurch

Remove this Banner Ad

So to recap Honeychurch should not have had his head down. He should have tried to pick up the ball standing up straight or slid in and collected hurn’s legs to give away a free

MRP thinks so.

In all seriousness, Honeychurch needs to develop situational awareness in order to protect himself in the future. You simply cannot run at a player pell-mell with your head down. Its dangerous.

MRP thinks so.

In all seriousness, Honeychurch needs to develop situational awareness in order to protect himself in the future. You simply cannot run at a player pell-mell with your head down. Its dangerous.

The right outcome was achieved but this is just a mistruth.

Honeychurch has his head down trying to gather the ball, he wasn’t charging at Hurn. It was a football incident, nothing more.

Was jack darling showing situational awareness when he pulled out of that contest vs Dunkley in the 2016 elimination final?

Players go after the ball, it happens. Just because Hurn was rightly cleared it doesn’t automatically mean Honeychurch did the wrong thing

Honeychurch has his head down trying to gather the ball, he wasn’t charging at Hurn. It was a football incident, nothing more.

Was jack darling showing situational awareness when he pulled out of that contest vs Dunkley in the 2016 elimination final?

Players go after the ball, it happens. Just because Hurn was rightly cleared it doesn’t automatically mean Honeychurch did the wrong thing
Honeychurch was only guilty of clumsiness.

Hurn could have done some serious damage if he was a mongrel. He's not that type of player and clearly pulls up to avoid a high bump.

In short, a commonsense outcome. Credit where it's due I guess, Christian got it right.

I don't think anybody was saying that Honeychurch did the wrong thing, however he needs to improve his awareness as otherwise he may get seriously hurt one day. It usually is one of the first things a player is taught when taking up Aussie Rules as a youngster.

I don't think anybody was saying that Honeychurch did the wrong thing, however he needs to improve his awareness as otherwise he may get seriously hurt one day. It usually is one of the first things a player is taught when taking up Aussie Rules as a youngster.

How condescending can you get?

Honeychurch is a professional footballer who has played the game his whole life, played TAC cup etc, would definitely know to protect himself, but you base his situational awareness off an isolated incident?

What happened was an unfortunate accident as a result of a player fumbling, no more.

Yay, one decision right! No congrats to the spineless Christian yet. Can't help but think if this was a no name player playing for Brisbane or if it was an AFL star injured the media and Christian would have imposed a 2-3 week ban.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I prolapsed a disc in my neck ....c4-to c5 ...easy injury to do

How did I do it ...sleeping ....yup woke up with it

Neck injuries are so easy to do ......the actually force of hurn probably didn’t cause the injury ...it was just a case of a weak spot and timing

Hope he’s ok ....but common sense prevailed

A good decision from the mrp ...yay

I prolapsed a disc in my neck ....c4-to c5 ...easy injury to do

How did I do it ...sleeping ....yup woke up with it

Neck injuries are so easy to do ......the actually force of hurn probably didn’t cause the injury ...it was just a case of a weak spot and timing

Hope he’s ok ....but common sense prevailed

A good decision from the mrp ...yay
You should have greater situational awareness when you sleep, glad you're OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apart from moving out of honeychurches way moments before He put his head down to collect the ball and not contest a disputed ball, what was hurn to do? If some guys launching himself at you your going to turn to brace it side on rather then get collected front on.

Good decision.

apart from moving out of honeychurches way moments before He put his head down to collect the ball and not contest a disputed ball, what was hurn to do? If some guys launching himself at you your going to turn to brace it side on rather then get collected front on.

Good decision.
As someone on the WC board said, his other option was to remain front on and cop it in the gonads.

Honeychurch would still have been concussed.

Honeychurch is a professional footballer who has played the game his whole life, played TAC cup etc, would definitely know to protect himself, but you base his situational awareness off an isolated incident?

What happened was an unfortunate accident as a result of a player fumbling, no more.
you are missing the point - but you may be very young so you are forgiven

you are missing the point - but you may be very young so you are forgiven

I’m not missing the point. I’m the one here making sensible points.

Hurn rightfully being cleared doesn’t mean honeychurch has an issue with how he attacks the ball as a whole. In this incident he fumbled and had his head down to try and pick the ball up (as anybody would, unless your arms are long enough to pick the ball off the ground without bending) and accidentally ran into hurn.

It’s a football incident, perhaps a high free kick but nothing more.

Honeychurch has an issue with not being clean with his skills generally which put him in that situation. Could he fix those up? Unlikely, he’s destined for the scrap heap. Does that mean he doesn’t have situational awareness and the sense to protect himself all the time? No.

Cut the crap and trying to get a rise.

Yeh one of those incidents where they were headed towards each other, Honeychurch has stumbled trying to get the ball and was off balance. You can clearly see the stumble on his left foot before impact. To say he needs to work on his awareness or criticise his approach to the contest is just ridiculous. I dont know why anyone would.. probably just to sound technical and intelligent. It was just a football accident.

Yeah HC clearly lost his footing /balance which caused him to plough headlong into Hurn rather than have the footing to be able to turn a shoulder for the impact. No way was he trying to draw a free, he just tripped up at the wrong time with an unfortunate result.
MRC finally got one right- hooray!

Think you are being a bit sensitive here as it certainly wasn't meant that way on my behalf. I was just being concerned that Honeychurch could get seriously hurt one day that's all. Lighten up for goodness sake.

Think you are being a bit sensitive here as it certainly wasn't meant that way on my behalf. I was just being concerned that Honeychurch could get seriously hurt one day that's all. Lighten up for goodness sake.

Any player could get seriously hurt. Any player could have been in Honeychurch’s exact same position. To suggest he needs to improve his awareness based on one incident is condescending

Remove this Banner Ad

Back