Hurn steps down as captain - Thank you Bunga

Who should be the next captain of the West Coast Eagles?

• Luke Shuey

Votes: 120 75.5%
  • Josh Kennedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Tim Kelly

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Jack Darling

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nic Naitanui

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Andrew Gaff

• Elliot Yeo

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Dom Sheed

• Brad Sheppard

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Other?

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The captaincy could give Ainsworth the opportunity to go to the next level.

And by next level I mean U/12s :moustache::shoutyoldman:
If the Baldivis Brumbies and Esperance League side amalgamate in a few years then it's hard to see Anus sticking around.

If the Baldivis Brumbies and Esperance League side amalgamate in a few years then it's hard to see Anus sticking around.
I mean Burrows was just biding his time until Roleystone moved up from E-grade to D-grade and then he was straight out the door. There's a pattern forming here, I think we might be lucky to keep any of the players we've drafted over the last few years.

Yeah shep is the dark horse. If shuey wasn't so convincing it be easier for me to go full shep. I think defender as captain is best move unless someone that screams leader steps up shuey is the only one that screams it thus stopping our safe kpd captain

Has Sheppard been in the leadership group before though? You’d think they’d be promoted from there

95ff270f60d1c7ef1cce850b4c1933d4.jpg

Shuey it is

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shannon Hurn was probably my favourite player around 2011 or 12, with his magnificent tree trunk legs kicking the ball 70m so precisely and that little smile he had when running and kicking for goal from outside 50... ok mightve only happened once but i loved him. He grew to become a brilliant captain and helped us win a flag and i love him.... he will still be there on the dais again next year, just not holding up the cup with simmo this time. Thanks for being a great capn bunga i love you man :blueheart::yellowheart::blueheart::yellowheart::blueheart::yellowheart:

Its a little sad that it is probally a sign its Hurns last season this year and what a great player he has been for us. Time to cherish every remaining game he plays this season. One of the all time greats of the club.

But in saying that now is the right time to step aside. Shuey will handle the job but I think Hurn is still the true leader this season. Shuey will need time to learn the role.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a little sad that it is probally a sign its Hurns last season this year and what a great player he has been for us. Time to cherish every remaining game he plays this season. One of the all time greats of the club.

But in saying that now is the right time to step aside. Shuey will handle the job but I think Hurn is still the true leader this season. Shuey will need time to learn the role.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I reckon Hurns got a couple left but like Glassy he can see the writing on the wall and his ability to remain durable was starting to get questioned this season. He is creating an opportunity for others like Rotham to get games so there's not as much of a void left when he does hang them up. A great team man.

Absolute team player. Thank you for your service Bunga, when we needed strong leadership after Glass he was their and by the sounds and looks of things he was a massive driver behind the friends, family and flags culture.

Well done to Boots, no surprise their but would have loved to see some fresh vice - captains.

Is Hurn being more risk averse with his kicking lately? I would think this is difficult to prove in terms of stats because it isn't necessarily a metres gained thing, but the kicks he's taking feel safe.

Or is it just that it's hard to look good when the team as a whole has beenpretty rusty since the restart?

Is Hurn being more risk averse with his kicking lately? I would think this is difficult to prove in terms of stats because it isn't necessarily a metres gained thing, but the kicks he's taking feel safe.

Or is it just that it's hard to look good when the team as a whole has beenpretty rusty since the restart?
Noticed this last season.

Sponsorship curse.

Nelson is just recovering from my near fatal touch. Vardy is destroyed and now Bunga has felt the clammy touch of death from RP.

I'm sorry.

Can we enroll you into the Fremantle player sponsor draft next year instead?

Is that like how we needed a discussion about JK a few weeks back?
JK’s got weapons though. Hurn’s has only really been reliability since he stopped with the aggressive kicks a few years ago. He’s not reliable anymore

Back