Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
One of them should play WAFL (both play same position) for Sam Mitch. Who should go / who was better player

Based of last season Hutchings had a better season. He had a role (defensive); yeo ran around like a headless choke

1) Hutchings Tagging was good
2) yeo is the worser goal kicker. Like he is so bad in front of goals
3) Hutchings had better goal sense
4) yeo went missing in big games (finals) and if hutch is missing can still tag.

Sure yeo has potential but you should award players that played their roles

One of Hill or Lecras out
Yeo taking their spot on HFF rotating into midfield, learning off Mitchell things like positioning etc
Hutchings competing with Masten, not Yeo, for the last midfield spot - a battle between Masten's slightly higher production compared to Hutch's better defensive capabilities

The problem with these 5 players mentioned is that all of them have the potential to have a positive impact on games yet all of them consistently have games where they're a non-factor. I wouldn't want them all in the side at once - this way we only pick 3 of them based on whoever's in form/fits needs etc.

One of Hill or Lecras out
Yeo taking their spot on HFF rotating into midfield, learning off Mitchell things like positioning etc
Hutchings competing with Masten, not Yeo, for the last midfield spot - a battle between Masten's slightly higher production compared to Hutch's better defensive capabilities

The problem with these 5 players mentioned is that all of them have the potential to have a positive impact on games yet all of them consistently have games where they're a non-factor. I wouldn't want them all in the side at once - this way we only pick 3 of them based on whoever's in form/fits needs etc.
Mitch is not a fp... Both of them play forward pocket/hff better then if hutch or yeo was to go there.

Hutch and yeo specifically can only be hff and mid.

Masten plays wing....

Look mid/hff mainly: Cripps yeo hutch /

Fp/hff/occasionally mid Lecras
Fp hill

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inevitably this thread will descend into a shitfight, but there's an interesting comparison to be made.

Hutch strikes me as a bloke who is extracting the best out of his admittedly limited potential. Yeo, on the other hand, seems to have boundless gifts (save for endurance) - but whatever reason (I'd argue attitude and experience) is yet to come anywhere near to realising his own potential. They're totally different players so the positional comparison is moot for mine - but their respective progress within the team is an interesting discussion.

Yeo at his best will have that spot covered, like a few of his other teammates he had a very bad year. I see Hutchings going head2head with a guy like redden or even duggan.

Inevitably this thread will descend into a shitfight, but there's an interesting comparison to be made.

Hutch strikes me as a bloke who is extracting the best out of his admittedly limited potential. Yeo, on the other hand, seems to have boundless gifts (save for endurance) - but whatever reason (I'd argue attitude and experience) is yet to come anywhere near to realising his own potential. They're totally different players so the positional comparison is moot for mine - but their respective progress within the team is an interesting discussion.

Yeo went well in 2015 then started drinking his own bathwater and expected that improvement curve to just happen. I would like to see him played behind the ball again. Stick with 2 KPDs.

Am quite fond of Hutch and hes a pretty regular goal scorer so think he could rotate off HFF quite well. He offers some versatility in that he can pinch hit in the middle and negate an opposition mid or probably HBF.

Yeo could play a defensive mid role but it takes him away from his skills and x factor.

Yeo went well in 2015 then started drinking his own bathwater and expected that improvement curve to just happen. I would like to see him played behind the ball again. Stick with 2 KPDs.

Am quite fond of Hutch and hes a pretty regular goal scorer so think he could rotate off HFF quite well. He offers some versatility in that he can pinch hit in the middle and negate an opposition mid or probably HBF.

Yeo could play a defensive mid role but it takes him away from his skills and x factor.
Yeo might have play a defensive role to further develop his midfield game. Some guys learn a lot by tagging the best. I rember scooter winning out bnf the year after he was moved from a run with role. Yeo probably has that x factor where his opponent could start to worry about him if he can have a 15 min patch of brilliance.

Yeah I think we learned that Yeo should go back to the backline.

His dash is needed. And his overhead ability should make Schofield (as third tall) obsolete eventually.

Backline or wing, but we can do better in the forwardline and we can draft a better on-baller.

Hopefully Mitchell bullies hims so bad that he becomes a good footballer. As Simmo love to say, Yeo need to hear some home truths.

Interesting observation
Last season Yeo had more:
Goals
Goal assists
Marks
1%'s
Tackles
Disposals
Contested possessions

In fact I think the only thing Hutchings did better was Centre clearances and goal accuracy!

Hutch was often used in a run with role? Not sure if stats are particularly useful here. In other news, NN doesn't take enough marks!

Interesting observation
Last season Yeo had more:
Goals
Goal assists
Marks
1%'s
Tackles
Disposals
Contested possessions

In fact I think the only thing Hutchings did better was Centre clearances and goal accuracy!
and not doing poos in his bed when it mattered most

Back