Hutchings or Yeo Hff

Yeo or hutch

• Hutch

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Yeo

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo needs to pull his ******* finger out. Has plenty of talent but gee wizz he was poor last year.

The only way Hutchings should be in the team is if we are either suffering an injury crisis or doing extremely poor. I can't see hutch holding a spot in our b22 if we playing well and we have no injuries.

2 Kpd is my preference as well. Yeo and shep are more than capable of playing on a 3rd tall, and even if one of the bigger boys went down during the game we know that shep and yeo have performed relatively well on genuine key forwards in the past. Should also provide us with more run from defence

Yeo has kicked some clutch goals and his mark and goal on half time in the gf was quality.

His action just lends itself to far too much inconsistency. Just like he left most of us after 2015 he is far too rigid and stiff with his arms.

Id be happy to put him back to half back next year and let someone elae fight out the hff rotation - preferably not hutchings either. It is a role we desperately need a couple to step up in and how i saw Jetta slotting in last year

Id be happy to put him back to half back next year and let someone elae fight out the hff rotation - preferably not hutchings either. It is a role we desperately need a couple to step up in and how i saw Jetta slotting in last year
sampowellpepper.png

Yeo looks better following a better player around - as many have stated he has a low footy iq - he looked great out of defence and as a defensive mid - as he had a better player leading him to the footy where he could then use his natural attributes to win the ball

I doubt the guy can walk and chew gum at the same time in a footy sense - so lets remove one of them from the equation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO - with hill/hutch/yeo/lecras - there really should be only a max of two spots available for them.

Personally I'd start with Yeo/Lecca - but it may be there is only one spot.

For mine - Karpany has to get an extended run - started paying attention to him at the back half of the wafl season - lad has some crumbing skills - which is what we need. Early season I thought he was delist material - now I think best 22.

In addition the likes of Redden/Cole/Nelson/Partington and Duggan should be forcing their way into the side soon - perhaps not all 5, but even 2 or 3, plus Mitchell - means we have a few casualties.

For mine - the aforementioned 4 plus Masten and Butler are in the gun.

Hutch was often used in a run with role? Not sure if stats are particularly useful here. In other news, NN doesn't take enough marks!
You would think Hutch would have had more takles in that case. I just thought it was interesting that Hutch is being considered a better goal kicker then Yeo, when Yeo had more goals and goal assists.

I didn't think Yeo had a great year though. He did have some good games, but was too inconsistent.
Going forward he is the better player of the two and gives us more flexibility as he can hold down a KPD spot if needed.

NN doesn't take enough marks because he doesn't understand the game yet. When he increases his game knowledge we can give him the ball on the outside so he can pinpoint guys inside 50 with that elite right foot of his :rolleyes:

You would think Hutch would have had more takles in that case. I just thought it was interesting that Hutch is being considered a better goal kicker then Yeo, when Yeo had more goals and goal assists.

I didn't think Yeo had a great year though. He did have some good games, but was too inconsistent.
Going forward he is the better player of the two and gives us more flexibility as he can hold down a KPD spot if needed.

NN doesn't take enough marks because he doesn't understand the game yet. When he increases his game knowledge we can give him the ball on the outside so he can pinpoint guys inside 50 with that elite right foot of his :rolleyes:

Not sure if I agree with that - I think Hutch was doing a lot of blocking work in the clinches. Doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

I don't disagree with your broader point at all though.

TBF only the OP is saying Hutch is a better goal kicker. Hutch does seem to make the most of his opportunities in the forward line though.

Not sure if I agree with that - I think Hutch was doing a lot of blocking work in the clinches. Doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

I don't disagree with your broader point at all though.

Yep, not allowing your tagged opponent to get the ball in the first place means you are a doing a bang up job.

Yeo scoring more goals is splitting hairs. The difference is negligible at best. Yeo played 2 more games for 3 more goals, and scored a goal for every 0.6 games played. Hutch scored a goal on average every 2 games (0.5) which reflects the frequency they hit the scoreboard and doesnt account for multiple goals.

To me Yeo has the potential to be a dusty Martin of 2-3 years ago. He's the type that can kick 40 a year but at the same time role through the middle and collect 25-18 damaging possessions. At his best he is generally hard to match up on as he can out Mark and out muscle most small/mid size defenders but is also too fast/Agile for a kpd. There were a few factors in his regression and many state is him drinking his bathwater (which I agree) but there were a few other as well. This was his first real year playing mostly as fwd/mid but our midfield woes meant that he was called apon early to be a big part of it. Ideally he should have been playing as a third stringer and roll through the middle at times. I think because of that his confidence was shot as well. He also got sick a few times tgroughout the year and it took a couple weeks for him to get back to performing at a decent level as well. The Natural progression of sheed, duggan and Parto as well as the inclusion of Mitchell will benefit him imo. He will play predominantly forward but can come on ball and have his 15-10 minute burst a of brilliance. My somewhat bold prediction for next year is that Yeo will be our third highest goal scorer with 40-35 goals.

Imo we need to treat Yeo as a young mid. He has just started Rolling through the midfield and will take at least a few years to consistently be a threat in the middle. Hopefully Mitchell will be a God send for him.

IMO - with hill/hutch/yeo/lecras - there really should be only a max of two spots available for them.

Personally I'd start with Yeo/Lecca - but it may be there is only one spot.

For mine - Karpany has to get an extended run - started paying attention to him at the back half of the wafl season - lad has some crumbing skills - which is what we need. Early season I thought he was delist material - now I think best 22.

In addition the likes of Redden/Cole/Nelson/Partington and Duggan should be forcing their way into the side soon - perhaps not all 5, but even 2 or 3, plus Mitchell - means we have a few casualties.

For mine - the aforementioned 4 plus Masten and Butler are in the gun.

I'd start Masten, Butler and LeCras in the WAFL. Make them earn a spot for *'s sake.

I'd start Masten, Butler and LeCras in the WAFL. Make them earn a spot for ****'s sake.

Butlers earnt his spot - played good footy last year, but he isn't that far ahead of the youngsters and list transition needs to start and I think his spot is vulnerable. We have plenty of blokes good in the air, need someone in defence who is quick and good on the ground.

To me Yeo has the potential to be a dusty Martin of 2-3 years ago. He's the type that can kick 40 a year but at the same time role through the middle and collect 25-18 damaging possessions. At his best he is generally hard to match up on as he can out Mark and out muscle most small/mid size defenders but is also too fast/Agile for a kpd. There were a few factors in his regression and many state is him drinking his bathwater (which I agree) but there were a few other as well. This was his first real year playing mostly as fwd/mid but our midfield woes meant that he was called apon early to be a big part of it. Ideally he should have been playing as a third stringer and roll through the middle at times. I think because of that his confidence was shot as well. He also got sick a few times tgroughout the year and it took a couple weeks for him to get back to performing at a decent level as well. The Natural progression of sheed, duggan and Parto as well as the inclusion of Mitchell will benefit him imo. He will play predominantly forward but can come on ball and have his 15-10 minute burst a of brilliance. My somewhat bold prediction for next year is that Yeo will be our third highest goal scorer with 40-35 goals.

Imo we need to treat Yeo as a young mid. He has just started Rolling through the midfield and will take at least a few years to consistently be a threat in the middle. Hopefully Mitchell will be a God send for him.

exactly!
the premise or objective of this question/comparison is really who "goes out for Mitchell"??
Suggesting Yeo, is definitely looking in the wrong place.

Back