Yeo or hutch

• Hutch

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Yeo

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly!
the premise or objective of this question/comparison is really who "goes out for Mitchell"??
Suggesting Yeo, is definitely looking in the wrong place.
Would wait till end of man cup tbh. Yeo is the more talented but let's see how he goes in the preseason. But I would like to see us over look hutch and hand a few of the kids a couple of games but that's if they perform at the lower levels.

Yeo offers so much more.

But gee he is played like a deadset flog in 2016.

Hoping Sammy gives him a fair chat this off season.

Yeo should stay in the mid field 90% of the time. In so doing, he then would gather an extra 10-15 stats per game more easily and everyone would magically think he was a superstar..
Regardless, we need him in there with his power, explosiveness and x-factor .. much like a "Bont" at WB

I dis
Yeo should stay in the mid field 90% of the time. In so doing, he then would gather an extra 10-15 stats per game more easily and everyone would magically think he was a superstar..
Regardless, we need him in there with his power, explosiveness and x-factor .. much like a "Bont" at WB
I disagree. He lacks the smarts and tank as well as consistency to play full time in the middle. Let his start as HFF and gradually increase his midfield minutes. He deserves a crack at it without pressure. Let him be rotation behind our first and second string group at first. I honestly think that Yeo is a slow learner and it will take a year or so for him to get a hang at it.

Had ample opportunity in 2016.

Was beyond s**t.

Let him start off the back of the square at centre bounces. May allow him to be more reactionary but still use his skills in an attacking manner.

And if he takes a screamer on the wing, no more trying to centre it to the corridor. He doesnt have the skills for it. Total boner killer.

I dis

I disagree. He lacks the smarts and tank as well as consistency to play full time in the middle. Let his start as HFF and gradually increase his midfield minutes. He deserves a crack at it without pressure. Let him be rotation behind our first and second string group at first. I honestly think that Yeo is a slow learner and it will take a year or so for him to get a hang at it.
Yup he was a liability in there. We cant afford headless chooks and need another accumulator. Mitchell will obviously help this though.

When yeo was first put in the middle pinch hitting we nearly won every centre clearance. Dunno what happened this year or if expectations of goatness were had.

Hutch did nothing till simmo consistently used him as a tagger towards the end. You could even get Yeo to follow the oppositions best like he did with Fyfe. He kept fyfes impact to a minimum and also got involved and was dangerous. Not only will it improve his game but he is dangerous enough to keep his man accountable.

Yeo should be a permanent HFF maybe pushing the wing at times. He is a significant aerial and ground ball threat, and should have always been played there, instead of this nonsense of trying to turn him into a mid due to our appalling mid depth (which is hopefully past news.)

I'd start Masten, Butler and LeCras in the WAFL. Make them earn a spot for ****'s sake.
I guess its how everybody rocks up ready to play for the first nab game
But going on last years form id say masten and hill are vunerable,hill doesnt apply himself enough and masten struggles under any pressure,to me Butler had a good year and if the coaches thought anything less he wouldnt get a contract this year

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neither!! Yeo lacks polish. Hutch is a workhorse.
Duggan to HFF. Delivery, class and game time is what he needs. People forget he is the same age as last years draftees essentially.
Yeo to HBF/swapping on-ball, the game is simplified for him at HBF and his power can set up line breaking rebounds. case in point -

Hutch to bench/tagging, IF he plays every week. TBH I see Redden as a more rounded player and an actual preseason would see him in before Hutch.

Hutch did nothing till simmo consistently used him as a tagger towards the end. You could even get Yeo to follow the oppositions best like he did with Fyfe. He kept fyfes impact to a minimum and also got involved and was dangerous. Not only will it improve his game but he is dangerous enough to keep his man accountable.

Hutch was injured in pre-season from memory, so he didnt get to have a full fitness base under him this year. I'll be interested to see how he goes next year, but i prefer him as an accumulator rather than a tagger, just like he was when he played Priddis role against the Hawks in the QF a couple of years ago. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye
Hutch was injured in pre-season from memory, so he didnt get to have a full fitness base under him this year. I'll be interested to see how he goes next year, but i prefer him as an accumulator rather than a tagger, just like he was when he played Priddis role against the Hawks in the QF a couple of years ago. ;)
Yeah Nah. His hands aren't that clean, he fumbles a lot. Leave him as a tagger

The thing is Hutch has performed fairly for the past season and a half.

Yeo doesn't even turn up.

He is a defender and should be left on hbf

The thing is Hutch has performed fairly for the past season and a half.

Yeo doesn't even turn up.

He is a defender and should be left on hbf
hutch was average last year. His form in the last month improved as a tagger. SHould have been dropped but no one from below was really pushing for recall.

Yeo was rubbish but he has been chopped and changed and never allowed to settle. I also think he is a slow leaner and he needs time. He has and can turn games as HFF/Mid those players are gold. Lets perist with him in his current position for another year. With Mitchell as well as a fit sheed and redden as well as the rise of duggan, nelson and hopefully parto, he should have less pressure to play a huger role each week.

see, this is what frustrates me (among many other things yes) - "doesn't turn up" ? ? by what measure does one determine this? Total possessions?
same for any player for that matter.

Back