Toast Hutchings

Remove this Banner Ad

This board has consistently held the view that players need 50-75 games to find out what they have.
Why not with Hutchings? Why is he being compared to Priddis etc when he has not been given the opportunity to play for 3-4 years in the midfield?
We have given Masten 5 years and he finally looks like he may be a good contributer without being an A grade player. Priddis is Priddis and he has been discussed at length. S.Selwood has been there 5 years also and has serious deficiencies as a Midfielder, could be a tagger like Crowley though. Shuey has had 5 years and we are all still waiting for the breakout year.

I have no idea if Hutchings can become a very good midfielder, will happily form an opinion once he has been given the same golden boy opportunities the guys above have been granted.

I'm of the same opinion GWS. I have been very underwhelmed by Masto & Selwood considering the big wraps we heard about them, but i think Masto has now developed to an ok player, one we should keep at this stage. I believe Hutchings deserves more time to see what he can and cant do before people write him off.

I really like the look of Hutchings. Doesn't shy away from putting his head over the ball, which seems to be a problem with a lot of our mids. Very similar to Kerr in that regard.

23 disposals, 5 marks, 11 tackles.

I told you all! He is an absolute gun. Favourite player for the Eagles.
Easy son.

Looked good today though. Sometimes I think we clear the ball better without Priddis.

The team shares the load and we move the ball way quicker from stoppages. I like what Hutchings adds and could be a good Priddis replacement.

I really like the look of Hutchings. Doesn't shy away from putting his head over the ball, which seems to be a problem with a lot of our mids. Very similar to Kerr in that regard.
I know I've recounted this story many times, but when he debuted for EP as a 16 yo, he was off half back and stood under a number of high balls that day. One of the best debuts by a 16yo I've seen. Loved him then, that was slightly dimmed when he went to the Aints....but fortunately they resolved that for me.... :)

23 disposals, 5 marks, 11 tackles.

I told you all! He is an absolute gun. Favourite player for the Eagles.

No surprise he went as pick 12 this year. He will be our main inside mid in a few years and will be collecting the Norm Smith next year when we demolish the Dockers in the GF by 60+ points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll u guys don't seem like u want him but I personally think he is 1 of the best extractors in the league. Just get him to grab the ball and dish it off to treloar/shiel speeding past. Win

We tried that, finished bottom 6.

Priddis or Hutch? Coz we only tried Hutch in a few games last year, and despite him leading the AFL for contested possessions and defensive acts while being one of the highest possession getters in his last run of 4 games he wasnt played again. Priddis however,.. ;)

No surprise he went as pick 12 this year. He will be our main inside mid in a few years and will be collecting the Norm Smith next year when we demolish the Dockers in the GF by 60+ points.

Personally believe that it would be better to beat them by 1 point!

Easy son.

Looked good today though. Sometimes I think we clear the ball better without Priddis.

The team shares the load and we move the ball way quicker from stoppages. I like what Hutchings adds and could be a good Priddis replacement.

Big call, even if it's a low bar league wise. Hutchings might need to improve his ability as a small flanker, come wingman if he wants game time under Simpson. Really impressed so far this NAB cup, he's much more dynamic at stoppages with his movement than Priddis.

Personally I hope Brant Colledge can be the Priddis replacement. With some versatility up forward and down back.

Big call, even if it's a low bar league wise. Hutchings might need to improve his ability as a small flanker, come wingman if he wants game time under Simpson. Really impressed so far this NAB cup, he's much more dynamic at stoppages with his movement than Priddis.

Personally I hope Brant Colledge can be the Priddis replacement. With some versatility up forward and down back.
Wait, when did you unblock me?

In my Dream Team at the minute. Is a real accumulator and 11 tackles are the effort that will keep him in the side.

Hutchings is an interesting DT prospect. Will he get games under Simpson? He certainly impressed preseason but he is another Priddis inside mid. I can see him taking over the Priddis role but not this year.

The thing with Hutch is that he's a mid of decent size and ability but won't get much or any attention from the opposition. He tackles well and has a really good work rate / size. Hopefully he can develop into our Barlow type bigger mid.

He looks bigger across the shoulder and reports were he really put in and had a good preseason.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back