Toast Hutchings

Remove this Banner Ad

He's always been a tagger/defensive player, I don't understand why we even bothered trying him in another role as he's not THAT great at anything else

When he first came in to replace Priddis he was top 10 in the afl for possesions, pressure acts and tackles. Since he's been in when Priddis has been in he's been shafted to HFF, hes struggled to play the role. Tagging is something hes very good at but i'd prefer him and Redden and Mitchell to rotate through the main mid role that Priddis plays at present..

Should be our permanent tagger. Needs to work on his offensive game as tagger as the modern tagger finds the pill a bit. Won't expect him to improve it this year but expect him to work over the summer.

Still fringe for mine. Drifts in and out based on matchup and form. He's having a purple patch where he's worthwhile. When his form dips, he offers little value.

Good tagger that can kick goals in pressure moments. Was the captain of West Perth FC, good player to have.

Still fringe for mine. Drifts in and out based on matchup and form. He's having a purple patch where he's worthwhile. When his form dips, he offers little value.

Its only coz he gets switched from one job to the other, even during a game. I saw an interview a little while ago with him where they asked him about his role and he said that Simmo often asks him to switch between tagging and doing other things during the game.

Its only coz he gets switched from one job to the other, even during a game. I saw an interview a little while ago with him where they asked him about his role and he said that Simmo often asks him to switch between tagging and doing other things during the game.
Mr Versatile. Modern day RoJo.

Yeah I was gonna mention Rojo in relation to Hutch, but I figured it would cause a riot considering the esteem Rojo is held in around here, and rightly so.. :D
Who is more debated, RoJo or Priddis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's always been a tagger/defensive player, I don't understand why we even bothered trying him in another role as he's not THAT great at anything else
Was a wasted pick today. Difficult to comprehend the MC's thinking! Simmo was asleep at the wheel today in how he used him, particularly with the Crouch brothers causing havoc.

I thought Hutch had a good game today, and from memory his kicking was good. Not sure why people would complain about him
today.

I thought his decision making was pretty slow but he pretty much played the percentages and it didn't cost us. A solid, if unremarkable return to the top level.

I thought his decision making was pretty slow but he pretty much played the percentages and it didn't cost us. A solid, if unremarkable return to the top level.
Totally agree, he didnt hurt us with his poor disposal, but he does take a long time to decide to kick it. He is great at long distance running (slow and steady) and filling space and the best tagger. He also knows he is a bad kick, which is why he often uses up his allotted time to kick those slow up in the air ones, or puts those measured sideways/backwards kicks to better players, has got his kicking effeciency up from 50% to 59% this year, but thats still a heap of turn overs :huh:. He is a good kick for goal though, so maybe when not under pressure he can kick accurately :think:.

I think he mostly covers the Masten role, but his main reason for selection is so we can switch him into a tagger, if someone gets off the chain. Suspect he'll be used to tag Houli next week, let Yeo go head to head with Dusty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back