garygee

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rugby Sucks
Hutchison appeared on the Footy Show with his "exclusive" story about Kennett's comments on moving Melbourne to the Goldcoast.
Everyone goes berserk, Shut-up Jeff, STFU, who does Jeff think he is?
Look after your own Jeff etc etc ad nauseum.

The thing is Kennett WAS ASKED FOR HIS OPINION ON THE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION SHOULD STYNES HEAD UP MELBOURNE.
Classic is the rest of the media seagulls have run with the story as presented. Dolts.

The thing is Hutchison has caused all this sensationalism by his deceit of omission of all the facts.
IMHO no journalistic intergrity.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story Craig.

I love that Archer has got his number and constantly reminds him.

BTW I hated him as a Premier, he's a cracker (crack-up) of a team president

Interesting that you should choose to use the word "cracker", as in the US that is reserved exclusively for white racist overlords who lament the end of slavery. What exactly are you saying about Jeff?

Kennett was asked "What advice would you give to Jim Stynes"?
He answered, move your team to the Gold Coast as quick as you can.

Kennett himself said this in the ego conference he called on Friday.

You would think that an ex politician would recognize a "loaded" question and reply accordingly.

Fact is, Kennet knew what he was saying, what context it would be viewed in and what the repercussions would be.

Deserves all the heat currently coming his way.

Kennett was asked "What advice would you give to Jim Stynes"?
He answered, move your team to the Gold Coast as quick as you can.

Kennett himself said this in the ego conference he called on Friday.

Surely Hutchi was somehow responsible for this Jeff press conference and everything Jeff said. Even though he wasn't invited.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this was all an opportunistic attempt to actually get a crowd at the footy tomorrow?

If the Hawks weren't playing the Dees tomorrow we wouldn't have heard any of this.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this was all an opportunistic attempt to actually get a crowd at the footy tomorrow?

If the Hawks weren't playing the Dees tomorrow we wouldn't have heard any of this.

He is a marketing genius!

He is also planning to express the opinions that 'Whitten was a hack' before the Bulldogs game and 'Muslims should be deported from Australia' before the Bombers game.

This had nothing to do with attracting a crowd. He is just a ____ing tool.

melbourne home game... thanks for the cash jeff :)

even though i don't like what he said, nothing bad can come of it for the melbourne footy club... we're not going to go to the gold coast because jeff said we should...

if anything it's going to get people behind the club more, and more people to the game this weekend... maybe he likes us and thought he'd give us a chop out...

Hutchison appeared on the Footy Show with his "exclusive" story about Kennett's comments on moving Melbourne to the Goldcoast.
Everyone goes berserk, Shut-up Jeff, STFU, who does Jeff think he is?
Look after your own Jeff etc etc ad nauseum.

The thing is Kennett WAS ASKED FOR HIS OPINION ON THE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION SHOULD STYNES HEAD UP MELBOURNE.
Classic is the rest of the media seagulls have run with the story as presented. Dolts.

The thing is Hutchison has caused all this sensationalism by his deceit of omission of all the facts.
IMHO no journalistic intergrity.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story Craig.

I love that Archer has got his number and constantly reminds him.

How about he just kept his fat mouth shut ?

Too easy i guess, don't shoot the messenger, just get your big mouthed pres to stick to commentating on Tassie .

I personally found the Melbourne President's retort much more laughable than anything Jeff had to say, and like threads like this, is just ignoring the issue Jeff brought up, which is Melbourne are going to have to do some outside the square if they want to survive in the long term.

Everyone hates a politician, and love the chance to jump into Jeff, but really, he is just speaking his mind, and I like that he says what he believes rather than the usual spin you will hear in the media.

Football clubs are a sensitive issue, and people are always going to get offended by comments like this, but I think Jeff is just facing reality, which is plainly obvious that something will have to give in Victoria soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about he just kept his fat mouth shut ?

Too easy i guess, don't shoot the messenger, just get your big mouthed pres to stick to commentating on Tassie .

Why should he not express his opinion when asked?
No-one asked you but here you are on a public forum expressing your opinion.

In hutchies defense he report on a Jon Ralph article for the herald-sun, not what Jeff said it just happened that the article was about what Jeff said. Now to report on a article means that it would have to have been written before reading it right? In other words he didn't break the story.

I personally found the Melbourne President's retort much more laughable than anything Jeff had to say, and like threads like this, is just ignoring the issue Jeff brought up, which is Melbourne are going to have to do some outside the square if they want to survive in the long term.

Absolutely.
I can't believe so many people feel they have been slighted.
What did he say that was so heinous?

You would think that an ex politician would recognize a "loaded" question and reply accordingly.

Fact is, Kennet knew what he was saying, what context it would be viewed in and what the repercussions would be.

Deserves all the heat currently coming his way.

Exactly.

And why did Kennett refuse to have the cameras film him? Did he know the question was coming?

No one forced Kennett to have TV & radio interviews the next day and back his comments up. If they were just off the cuff he would've tried to let them die, but he came out the next day and hammered them home.

Make no mistake, that statement was made by a very measured and calculated man

Exactly.

And why did Kennett refuse to have the cameras film him? Did he know the question was coming?

No one forced Kennett to have TV & radio interviews the next day and back his comments up. If they were just off the cuff he would've tried to let them die, but he came out the next day and hammered them home.

Make no mistake, that statement was made by a very measured and calculated man
So?

What did he say that was so terrible?

He gave his opinion.

Melbourne are in a bit of trouble, and Jeff feels that they wont survive in Victoria.

These are controversial statement, and I agree its arguable whether he should be saying these things to the media or not, but he has, so what?

I can't people how precious some people are.

"How dare he..." Harden up, and think about what he is saying and why, rather than pointing and shouting whenever anyone is actually brave enough to have an opinion and expressing it.

If it gets people into thinking how real this situation is for Melbourne its only a good thing, they need to be proactive and stop this ridiculous belief that their name "Melbourne" will save them (ironically it is actually a problem with identity and marketing), and also stop this childish retort calling us the "Tassie Hawks", like a 12 year old would say in the park.

Was the question 'Should Melbourne relocate'?

No, it wasn't, but Kennett decided to shhot his mouth off anyway.

And now Hutchison is an idiot for reporting that?

Putting another spin on it?

Jeff could be doing the smaller clubs a favour by getting this out in public domain, there is talk that the bigger Victorian clubs could be ganging up on the smaller clubs to get rid of the CBF (or ASD) funding, so that each club fights for itself.

Look at the comments made by Demetriou in light of these comments;

Last night he backed that vision. But with the Demons again in financial strife, he conceded rivals did not want financial strugglers awarded endless handouts.

"Our commitment is to 18 teams. The issue Jeff is alluding to is at what point in time do the clubs who are performing well start to become complacent to clubs who are not performing to expectations?" he told the panel.

"The question the competition will face is at what point will the competition tolerate mediocrity? At what point will they say, 'Enough is enough, you have got to lift your game?'

"I am not speculating about whether we are at that point now or not. I am just saying that I can understand how clubs can get to that point."

In the medium term could we get to a stage where the Pies, Bombers, Hawks, Cats, Tigers and Blues 'gang' up on the other clubs in order to stop the funding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back