Hypocrisy of CA and Australian cricketers

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
CA cancelled the tour of SA bc of high risk of getting COVID there when there were daily cases of 10k in the whole SA but continue to send players to India which has daily cases of 300k and none of the Australian players have backed out so far except Hazlewood.

It's all about the money … and it talks.

Q. Why did the State Government of Victoria allow 85,000 fans at the MCG the same day that they limited ANZAC Day attendees at the Shrine to several thousand (including the marchers)?
A. Because they don't make money out of people watching ANZAC commemorations.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
15th may is not a problem for the players tbh. They are scheduled to stay until 30 May anyways but it is pathetic that the ban is until 15 may only. How can they expect India to get rid of this wave by then when it is predicted to peak by then?

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Once again its the bench players. Money minded campaigners like Warner and others are demonstrating their greed here. Remember few years ago they were fighting against CA over equal pay for men and women cricketers. I wonder why Warner doesn't donate even a 10 percent of his IPL wages to female cricketers?
Why the * should he lol. Seriously what are you complaining about

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Players can do what they want. They are free to assess the risk to themselves. If they choose to stay and get paid and then get stuck then that’s their issue. If they stay and get COVID then that’s their issue. They are weighing up the risk and reward for their own personal circumstances. Got nothing to do with CA.

for what it’s worth if I’m a fit young cricketer in the middle of a 3 million dollar contract I am staying and backing myself to beat COVID if I get it and then get home when I can

15th may is not a problem for the players tbh. They are scheduled to stay until 30 May anyways but it is pathetic that the ban is until 15 may only. How can they expect India to get rid of this wave by then when it is predicted to peak by then?

Either to improve quarantine facilities in the mean time - or they can you know....just extend the ban

MelVilander

Senior List
Dec 17, 2008
Ind
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funny yall are responding to Pakistani Franco lol the guy just somehow wants IPL canceled not out of good will for the Indians who are suffering from covid. IPL is a private endeavour behind closed doors and bio bubbles it has no impact on what is going on outside either positively or negatively. Aussies don't naively respond and engage concern trolls.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Funny yall are responding to Pakistani Franco lol the guy just somehow wants IPL canceled not out of good will for the Indians who are suffering from covid. IPL is a private endeavour behind closed doors and bio bubbles it has no impact on what is going on outside either positively or negatively. Aussies don't naively respond and engage concern trolls.

i think the biggest troll here is yourself. Everyone except the deluded Indians want it to get cancelled.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
i think the biggest troll here is yourself. Everyone except the deluded Indians want it to get cancelled.

Indians run India? Why does outside opinion count?

Lots of Aussies are stuck overseas because of work commitments, not just cricketers. Not to mention tourists & family choices.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's only for 2 weeks... Do you know how many cases are coming in from India on every flight?

i don't know and i don't care. They are our citizens and we have an obligation to get them out of India if they want to get out. there are literally people dying in the street in india and we're saying lolz too bad you shouldn't have gone (even though we told them they could go).

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
the point he has making is valid though, closing the border to our own citizens is disgraceful.

How many of these citizens are dual citizens who have been happy to live in India until the s**t really hit the fan and now want to come 'home'? They've had 12 months to come home and didnt, now you have to wait. We have all heard about other people having to wait to get flights home, India is no different

Its not as if borders haven't been closed here and people have barely been able to leave their homes. Its a pandemic, border closures are a thing and these things are going to happen, rightly or wrongly.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many of these citizens are dual citizens who have been happy to live in India until the sh*t really hit the fan and now want to come 'home'? They've had 12 months to come home and didnt, now you have to wait. We have all heard about other people having to wait to get flights home, India is no different

Its not as if borders haven't been closed here and people have barely been able to leave their homes. Its a pandemic, border closures are a thing and these things are going to happen, rightly or wrongly.

they are our citizens and if we approved them to travel then we have an obligation to get them back.

if they are dual citizens who have been sitting tight for 18 months then yes they are most likely in a stable situation and they can wait.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
they are our citizens and if we approved them to travel then we have an obligation to get them back.

if they are dual citizens who have been sitting tight for 18 months then yes they are most likely in a stable situation and they can wait.

Im pretty sure the approval for them to leave stipulates potential border closures etc. Ive got family who left for Ireland for 12 months in July last year and had to get permission to leave and were told of potential border restrictions etc when wanting to come back to Australia.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Im pretty sure the approval for them to leave stipulates potential border closures etc. Ive got family who left for Ireland for 12 months in July last year and had to get permission to leave and were told of potential border restrictions etc when wanting to come back to Australia.

either way they are our citizens and we have an obligation to get them out when the s**t hits the fan and they are in danger for their lives.

Back