Hypocrisy of CA and Australian cricketers

Remove this Banner Ad

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I offered to go over to India and personally vaccinate the whole population at my own expense, but the Government knocked me back. :(

In other words, in order - yes; I do what I can; and no.

You do what you can? So right now you're helping save the million+ kids who die each year from not having clean drinking water? Have you sold your house and moved to central Africa to help those people you really care about?

Or.. is it possible you "care" just enough to sit in your luxury house with a small fortune sitting in the bank... while a million kids die... and post on social media about how much you care...

You do what you can? So right now you're helping save the million+ kids who die each year from not having clean drinking water? Have you sold your house and moved to central Africa to help those people you really care about?

Or.. is it possible you "care" just enough to sit in your luxury house with a small fortune sitting in the bank... while a million kids die... and post on social media about how much you care...
Oh lookie, someone's trying to pick a fight. Not playing.

But fyi, the basic error you are making here is completely misunderstanding the concept of empathy.

Anyway, I still feel for everyone involved in the situation in India, regardless of their reasons for being there. So that includes our cricketers.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh lookie, someone's trying to pick a fight. Not playing.

But fyi, the basic error you are making here is completely misunderstanding the concept of empathy.

Anyway, I still feel for everyone involved in the situation in India, regardless of their reasons for being there. So that includes our cricketers.

So you have empathy, you just choose not to emphasize with a million children dying due to dirty drinking water? Is it because you don't care about them?

So you have empathy, you just choose not to emphasize with a million children dying due to dirty drinking water? Is it because you don't care about them?
I told you, not playing.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Once again its the bench players. Money minded campaigners like Warner and others are demonstrating their greed here. Remember few years ago they were fighting against CA over equal pay for men and women cricketers. I wonder why Warner doesn't donate even a 10 percent of his IPL wages to female cricketers?

Why don't you donate your wage to it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Yeah you really shouldn't be complaining when you're staying in some luxury resort in the Maldives, people aren't going tp have much sympathy for you.

Zero sympathy for Australia's cricketers they wouldn't go to SA who had far less cases due to COVID concerns, but were happy to go to India and play in the IPL.

That was more of a Cricket Australia decision to cancel the SA tour rather than the players, I'm sure at least some of the players wanted to go there.

Yeah you really shouldn't be complaining when you're staying in some luxury resort in the Maldives, people aren't going tp have much sympathy for you.

That was more of a Cricket Australia decision to cancel the SA tour rather than the players, I'm sure at least some of the players wanted to go there.
Might be the only place willing to take people from India at present. We're not the only country banning flights from India.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

That's true, sounds like the players may have had no say in that tour of SA as all seemed to have no problem heading to India for IPL.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
That's true, sounds like the players may have had no say in that tour of SA as all seemed to have no problem heading to India for IPL.
I'd hardly say all seemed to have no problem given 3 Australians pulled out on the eve of the tournament. Plus only 4 (Cummins, Henriques, Smith, Warner) of the 19 named in the squad for South Africa are at the IPL.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
And who the hell is this Amanda Chloe Bailey? Looks like the poor lady is stuck in Covid hotspot India too. She is like Indian supporting version of Dennis. Both of them are equally annoying though.

So would you at that age when you can set yourself up for life. Covid19 isn’t going to harm them either. There’s limited work atm so fair enough too.
Agreed. Dangle that amount of money in front of anyone criticising them for going and I bet that a vast majority would have done the same.

You’re not just playing for this contract but for future ones too. It’s potentially millions of dollars and your life set up for good.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Agreed. Dangle that amount of money in front of anyone criticising them for going and I bet that a vast majority would have done the same.

You’re not just playing for this contract but for future ones too. It’s potentially millions of dollars and your life set up for good.

But then don’t whinge about not being let back into the country when you make that decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Back