Hypocrisy of CA and Australian cricketers

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the Aussie guys will go back to the IPL for the resumption, if there wasn't a World Cup straight after then I'd be really mad about what's happening, but considering there's a World Cup it could be in the best interests for them to get match fit. Real shame they aren't going to WI though. Anyone know why Marnus can't play from county cricket but McDermott and Christian can?

they will go back to the IPL for sure

I wonder if the Aussie guys will go back to the IPL for the resumption, if there wasn't a World Cup straight after then I'd be really mad about what's happening, but considering there's a World Cup it could be in the best interests for them to get match fit. Real shame they aren't going to WI though. Anyone know why Marnus can't play from county cricket but McDermott and Christian can?
Yes they will go back

My understanding is that Cricket Australia are happy for Marnus to prepare for the Ashes and T20 in england playing county...and his performances over there will be taken into consideration when picking the t20 WC squad

There t20 comp is pretty good in fact he is probably getting better practice playing in england for Glamorgan than going on tour

In regards to returning to the IPL Cummins has stated he is staying due to pregnancy Smith has elbow is an issue and the covid issues I think its a bit of a media beat up atm

Also isn't the IPL being playing in the UAE where the World Cup is being held anyway???.....could be an advantage for players get used to the pitches/wickets etc playing for there IPL clubs before the tournament starts anyway....if they choose to go

My understanding is that Cricket Australia are happy for Marnus to prepare for the Ashes and T20 in england playing county...and his performances over there will be taken into consideration when picking the t20 WC squad

There t20 comp is pretty good in fact he is probably getting better practice playing in england for Glamorgan than going on tour

In regards to returning to the IPL Cummins has stated he is staying due to pregnancy Smith has elbow is an issue and the covid issues I think its a bit of a media beat up atm

Also isn't the IPL being playing in the UAE where the World Cup is being held anyway???.....could be an advantage for players get used to the pitches/wickets etc playing for there IPL clubs before the tournament starts anyway....if they choose to go
Yes if the World Cup is moved the IPL will be before that. I suppose it's just about the balance, players going to WI that were playing IPL before might be worn out by the time the World Cup comes around.

Also the UAE pitches are going to be flattened if there is half an IPL tournament on it before a World Cup. They don't have many grounds over there.

Yes if the World Cup is moved the IPL will be before that. I suppose it's just about the balance, players going to WI that were playing IPL before might be worn out by the time the World Cup comes around.

Also the UAE pitches are going to be flattened if there is half an IPL tournament on it before a World Cup. They don't have many grounds over there.

Yeah they are roads anyway I am expecting batting decks low bounce .. very little in it for the quicks

Yeah they are roads anyway I am expecting batting decks low bounce .. very little in it for the quicks
The 4 leading wicket takers at the 2020 IPL held in the UAE were fast bowlers (Rabada, Bumrah, Boult, Nortje) plus Archer was player of the tournament. There was plenty in them for the quicks over the course of the whole tournament.

Our players (plus coaches, commentators and others) who went were fortunate to have the opportunity as so many tournaments had been cancelled. They were given assurances of and received excellent protection by team bubbles for quite some time before the breach caused by 2 Indian players who went to hospital for treatment. The IPL also means a great deal to the Indian population.
I don’t see that it’s any of CA’s business if players choose to go, after weighing up the risks. Or our business for that matter. It’s their profession. Pretty judgmental to call them greedy. Even envious, hey?

Tf is "means a lot to the people" excuse? Afghanistan Premier League means a lot to Afghans so should CA tell Australian cricketers to go to a literal war zone to play there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back