Society/Culture Hypocrisy of the left and right

Remove this Banner Ad

Additionally the people who work, only do the menial s**t that generate these thugs more munny that they cannot utilise.
This

And when they do utilise the cash, they recklessly spend it on material things they don't need, or look at ways of creating more munny

"The worst body counts of the twentieth century were perpetrated by people who believed that they were doing what was necessary to create a Utopian society, whether this reflected a left-wing vision... or a right-wing one"

http://portal.idc.ac.il/en/symposium/hspsp/2010/documents/21-baumeister.pdf …
Technically true in a similar way that the worst body counts were perpetrated by people who breathed oxygen. All people in politics, with the exception of those solely in it for their own ego and self interest, are trying to create utopia. The quest for utopia is mostly a good thing. The quests for utopia that led to mass murder were:

1) utopias based on false ideology that didnt remotely match scientific evidence about the nature of the universe nor human biology;
2) tried to implement large untested changes on society from the status quo; and
3) utopias that seperated people into us's and them's and greatly dehumanized the thems. It was thems who got mudered on mass scale.

What is the political philosophy that undermines both of these highly flawed philosophies?

Libertarianism: The universal rights and freedoms of the individual, resulting in the complete disassembly of group think, and its resulting mobilisation of political thuggery.

The anarchists were right all along.

They didn’t fair to well on military campaigns in the Spanish Civil War

Extremism is in the eye of the beholder - look at The Peterloo massacre - the Chartists were killed for having the temerity to ask for universal suffarage - which was then regarded as dangerous extremism.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's true!

Less government = better society.

We love people dying of TB because they can’t afford medical care or children working a 70 hour week - the regulation of which is the role of government

There is freedom from and freedom to do things:

you have not much freedom if you have unregulated working hours as a child or are dead from a curable disease which you could not afford to treat

They didn’t fair to well on military campaigns in the Spanish Civil War

Extremism is in the eye of the beholder - look at The Peterloo massacre - the Chartists were killed for having the temerity to ask for universal suffarage - which was then regarded as dangerous extremism.

The poor old leftists were out gunned in the Spanish Civil War by the forces of the Dictator Franco & Hitlers forces trying out their new weapons, especially their air power. It was about guns not political argument or democracy.

Social control in the time of the Peterloo massacre (1819) was undertaken in the backdrop of the French revolution. Every nation was worried about revolution so all they had was strong arm tactics.

The forces of the right are always the last to allow full suffrage. France didn't even have women voting until 1944! who'd have thunk it!!

46814517_10155965673392338_7310983860571865088_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically the further away from the centre someone is, the more likely they are to be a lunatic. Definitely see the merit in this argument.

If one was to proposed a rational economic policy one would be called hard right due to the mass of people who pay no net income tax / are reliant on the state.

Mainstream media biased towards the Democrats / left? Surely not ..

REVEALED: Obama administration used tear gas against border migrants at least EIGHTY TIMES as Trump comes in for hefty criticism for using it ONCE

https://dailym.ai/2RjJvOS

What's with the hostility towards this Cricket FC dude/dudette? I've seen it in a few threads now - he/she is copping it for saying far less offensive things than others I have seen on this board.

I think it's because they're an alias of a perma banned poster (who may be a white supremacist)

Ah, of course. That makes sense, cheers.

Still a bit harsh I reckon - treat each post on it's merits and all that (though I guess I don't know how bad the previous incarnations were).

Yes agree but we don't know the history. He could have been above and beyond and it seems like he was, given the reaction to him.

John Howard made us look weak to the rest of the world.

An example
Vladimir_Putin_with_John_Howard-2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back