Society/Culture Hypocrisy of the left and right

Remove this Banner Ad

"The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing".

"True wisdom listens more, talks less and can get along with all types of people."

I enjoy many of your posts and viewpoints, but you and several other "smartest person in the room" posters seriously lack insight into your own biases and limitations.

I accept that I am generally right-leaning due to a combination of nature and nurture, and accept that I do not have all the answers and that many of my viewpoints may be "wrong" or skewed in a way that limits me from seeing objective truths.

I never precluded myself from being an idiot, I merely pointed out that the adherents of generic left-right politics were inflexible idiots.

We love people dying of TB because they can’t afford medical care or children working a 70 hour week - the regulation of which is the role of government

There is freedom from and freedom to do things:

you have not much freedom if you have unregulated working hours as a child or are dead from a curable disease which you could not afford to treat

The NHS is a diabolically bad system. Yet the Tories are so pathetic they are too scared to state the obvious despite scandal after scandal. You could argue the same in the US re republicans - seriously how can you accept healthcare costing close to 20% of gdp largely due to rapacious insurance companies?

IMO two things Australia gets better than most is education and health. Luckily both parties more or less accept the status quo there.

The risk of any single payer system for health is that as soon as someone says it's too expensive they can lower what they pay and the people who work for it have to accept that.

Quality of service might drop, innovation loses it's incentive because you can't charge enough to recoup development costs as the government will only pay $20 per treatment.

Wasn't sure were to put this but this thread looks good enough. We are all hypocrites although I am directing this at the left. Inspired by the Melbourne comic having a crack at Anzac Day (perhaps this is her credo?):

I don’t give a rats about and won’t respect anything or anyone that has come before me (except maybe a few of the rebellious types that told the establishment to get nicked).

I challenge everything and anyone in authority because nothing is more important to me than my rights (except maybe the rights of the latest minority group I am championing on facebook).

I reject my own heritage and am abhorred by the conduct of my forefathers regardless of the fact that their actions have contributed if not created the lifestyle I now enjoy (except for Great Aunty Barb who married a Chinese migrant, but was widowed at 35 and went on to single handily raise five children and adopt three more while volunteering every week to visit the elderly from her church…… wait a second did I just say church? Nup she is evil too).

I reject God because the idea of serving or acknowledging something more important than myself is beneath me (except Buddhist Gods and possibly Alah and Aboriginal dreaming stuff because that’s pretty cool and cultural and edgy and stuff. Don’t worry that doesn’t contradict anything).

I reject the Western way of life despite enjoying the privileges it has afforded me (Please understand I really would like to live in Somalia or Syria or Afganistan and get out of this crap hole…. honestly. I’m just not sure the coffee would be the same).

I reject our defence forces past and present despite the fact I might not even be here without their personal sacrifices (if only social media was around in 1943, we could have defeated Hitler and the Japanese with a hashtag or filter).

I reject people willing to make real sacrifices in their own lives to ‘serve’ (because I serve too at the soup kitchen 'most' Thursday nights. Last week I even had to put my phone down for 30 seconds to help butter some bread rolls. Cost me at least 30 likes on Insta).
But but but we dropped more bombs supporting pol pot than we did in all of world war two.

Try not to be a hypocrite when calling someone a hypocrite.

The NHS is a diabolically bad system. Yet the Tories are so pathetic they are too scared to state the obvious despite scandal after scandal. You could argue the same in the US re republicans - seriously how can you accept healthcare costing close to 20% of gdp largely due to rapacious insurance companies?

IMO two things Australia gets better than most is education and health. Luckily both parties more or less accept the status quo there.

Yep fully agree about education and health.

You are so switched on.

The other day a uni professor visited my workplace with his class of foreign students doing social work. He stated that the reason for poor attendance at soup kitchens was there is to mamy of them. He's not been to one in his life. Poor attendance is because of the religious nuts who run most of them and thier bullying or ice users and smelly people with communicable diseases.

Yesterday hunt and Morrisson announced a 12 grand a month lung cancer drug just put on the pbs and it doesn't work as well as medicinal cannibis and has so many More toxic side effects than cannibis.

Cannibis isnt on the pbs and that has nothing to do with the fact cannibis doesn't make money for big pharma.

Idiot

Anyway liair liar larrisss waters caught out making up murders of women by men in domestic violence situations.

And labors pilberseks heroin dealer husband now in charge of justice in nsw lol under a right wing government.

"In the absence of legitimate calamities, we create artificial ones... Outrage culture is simply the calamitization of the mundane. It is a process by which group solidarity can be lazily achieved by combatting non-existent crises."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I know much about Antifa, but this is a bit of a shortcut to thought.

Congratulations, you have just attained a degree in contemporary political science.

1572655074667.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back