Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people on the left claim to care about global warming. If they cared so much, why not actually do something about it? Hell, even I'm vegan and sold my car to do what I can. Sure, the latter might be less achievable for many, but how many people really do something about it instead of sitting there on their high horse about 'climate change deniers hur dur'.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT NOT DOING ENOUGH, YOU CAN STILL DO YOUR ******* PART.

If the left were serious about the impact of global warming they would be falling over themselves to support nuclear.

Recycle, take my own cloth shopping bags to supermarket, ride a bike for small shopping, three compost bins, only use car for long trips or when I buy heavy items, grow pesticide free fruit and vegetables, make my own household cleaners.
This is just at the top of my head as I have been doing it for years and it comes naturally.

Yeah but you exhale pollution so..

Recycle, take my own cloth shopping bags to supermarket, ride a bike for small shopping, three compost bins, only use car for long trips or when I buy heavy items, grow pesticide free fruit and vegetables, make my own household cleaners.
This is just at the top of my head as I have been doing it for years and it comes naturally.
At least you're actually doing something about it. I eventually realised that my car was more of a convenience than a necessity. Unfortunately living in an apartment means that a few of those things are harder (I cbf doing the whole community garden thing) but I certainly also try to source what I can from local markets.

Do you want to always be so outraged?
You've grabbed the wrong end of the stick (again). Not outraged, mostly bemused with a bit of sadness knowing that these author(s) have somehow obtained university qualifications. I'm seriously questioning the future of humanity :(

How many people on the left claim to care about global warming. If they cared so much, why not actually do something about it? Hell, even I'm vegan and sold my car to do what I can. Sure, the latter might be less achievable for many, but how many people really do something about it instead of sitting there on their high horse about 'climate change deniers hur dur'.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT NOT DOING ENOUGH, YOU CAN STILL DO YOUR ******* PART.
It is an issue with people in general.

I don't think it is just "the left" who have environmental concerns, and not just "them" who find it hard to get motivated to change habits.

It is an issue with people in general.

I don't think it is just "the left" who have environmental concerns, and not just "them" who find it hard to get motivated to change habits.
You are probably right but I equate the right with climate change denial in general (there seems to be a decent correlation on this site at least). Ergo, I see it as hypocrisy of many on here to keep getting upset about various governments not doing enough when they probably do nothing on a micro level.

If the left were serious about the impact of global warming they would be falling over themselves to support nuclear.

No they would not. Nuclear has all sorts of problems, it's massive complex engineering the requires a lot of difficult problems to be solved, given any reasonable competing solution Nuclear is the Bad Option. With the price of renewables coming down, you would be insane to invest of Nuclear now., it would be a bet that other power sources will not be cheaper in 30 years. Given recent trends that would be just an unjustified investment. Renewables are scalable, decentralised, they are celery a superior solution to nuclear.

No they would not. Nuclear has all sorts of problems, it's massive complex engineering the requires a lot of difficult problems to be solved, given any reasonable competing solution Nuclear is the Bad Option. With the price of renewables coming down, you would be insane to invest of Nuclear now., it would be a bet that other power sources will not be cheaper in 30 years. Given recent trends that would be just an unjustified investment. Renewables are scalable, decentralised, they are celery a superior solution to nuclear.
Strange that something like solar with backup batteries is probably the ultimate libertarian solution to many energy issues, but there is a cognitive dissonance with subsidising it so it becomes more widespread, taking some control away from the electricity suppliers.

More nuclear power would lead to more nuclear funding which would reduce safety risks over time.

We would slowly be getting to a point where dangerous countries in the middle east no longer get so much money from selling oil.

Imagine one day having a car that could run forever on a nuclear engine? Of course the oil industry wouldn't want that and they propagate against it.

More nuclear power would lead to more nuclear funding which would reduce safety risks over time.

We would slowly be getting to a point where dangerous countries in the middle east no longer get so much money from selling oil.

Imagine one day having a car that could run forever on a nuclear engine? Of course the oil industry wouldn't want that and they propagate against it.

Nuclear engines in cars?
The smallest nuclear reactor weighs about 50 tonnes.
Even if you could get a nuclear reactor into a car how would the occupants avoid the radiation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nuclear engines in cars?
The smallest nuclear reactor weighs about 50 tonnes.
Even if you could get a nuclear reactor into a car how would the occupants avoid the radiation?
Its called progress, computers used to take up whole rooms and now they fit in our pocket

Nuclear cars?
The important questions are
What would be their 60ft time?
Could you tune them to hook on different surfaces
Would they run 4's on the quarter

The people that claim to be against racism and bigotry, but then use terms like 'Mussies'. Blatant hypocrisy, and we should grow as people to avoid using derogatory words like those in the 21st century.

Last edited:

It's probably worth looking seriously at thorium power again. It threatens the fossil fuel industry and it's difficult to make weapons with it, so of course it's been kept down previously.

Also, fusion power will eventually happen. Recent progress in Germany suggests that it might actually be just a decade or two away.

The people that claim to be against racism and bigotry, but then use terms like 'Mussies'. Blatant hypocrisy, and we should grow as people to avoid using derogatory words like those in the 21st century.

Yep. Abbreviating words is very hurtful.

Muslims to mussies. Aboriginals to Abos. British to Brits. Pakistanis to Pakis.

Such RACISM. It makes me so angry.

If only we could eliminate abbreviations. The world would be such a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back