Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Abbreviating words is very hurtful.

Muslims to mussies. Aboriginals to Abos. British to Brits. Pakistanis to Pakis.

Such RACISM. It makes me so angry.

If only we could eliminate abbreviations. The world would be such a better place.
Context.

Are you more likely to hear "Those Abos have been the victims of systematic oppression for centuries" or "Those Abos are dole bludgers and never get off their arse"?

Well, considering three of those four terms are actually racist..

Hang on..

I love Mussies. They're colourful people.
I love learning about those Abo's culture.
Those Pakis are awesome at cricket.
I hate Brits. They all have pale white skin, whinge and moan all the time and have terrible teeth.

Which is racist?

Context.

Are you more likely to hear "Those Abos have been the victims of systematic oppression for centuries" or "Those Abos are dole bludgers and never get off their arse"?

I think you replied to the wrong person. The word means absolutely nothing. It is entirely the context. There is nothing racist about saying Abo, Paki or Mussie by itself..

How many people on the left claim to care about global warming. If they cared so much, why not actually do something about it? Hell, even I'm vegan and sold my car to do what I can. Sure, the latter might be less achievable for many, but how many people really do something about it instead of sitting there on their high horse about 'climate change deniers hur dur'.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT NOT DOING ENOUGH, YOU CAN STILL DO YOUR ******* PART.

Not to excuse people who don't try to do their part, but the point at which individual action could have helped has passed. Unfortunately it is down to governments, who have dragged their feet for so long, to take drastic action which is probably beyond the existing political will.

Hang on..

I love Mussies. They're colourful people.
I love learning about those Abo's culture.
Those Pakis are awesome at cricket.
I hate Brits. They all have pale white skin, whinge and moan all the time and have terrible teeth.

Which is racist?
They're still racist terms that have been used to denigrate different people.

Not to excuse people who don't try to do their part, but the point at which individual action could have helped has passed. Unfortunately it is down to governments, who have dragged their feet for so long, to take drastic action which is probably beyond the existing political will.
I do largely agree with your point. However, you can always do your part. Just because the governments have failed you doesn't mean that you can't do your part and hope other people follow.

I'm proud to say that I'm a vegan that tries my hardest to rectify global warming. If more people could say the same, we would be in a much better situation.

Last edited:
I love how you seek our approval to be racist.

And my response is no you can't. Go and do something nice.

OH NO.... PLEASE DONT CALL ME RACIST!! OH HOW WILL I RECOVER!!??

Seriously.. why would I give a flying f&^k if you think I am racist?

Anyway, everyone is a little bit racist as a wonderful, progressive broadway musical says.

You have your heard in your arse if you think that is not the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OH NO.... PLEASE DONT CALL ME RACIST!! OH HOW WILL I RECOVER!!??

Seriously.. why would I give a flying f&^k if you think I am racist?

Anyway, everyone is a little bit racist as a wonderful, progressive broadway musical says.

You have your heard in your arse if you think that is not the case.
Like I said.

It wasn't just about abbreviations.

It's as if your entire political philosophy revolves around the right to say racist things. That's fine but you must have a s**t life.

Like I said.

It wasn't just about abbreviations.

It's as if your entire political philosophy revolves around the right to say racist things. That's fine but you must have a s**t life.

Ha..not sure where that little rant came from..

Perhaps from someone who runs out of ideas whenever someone isn't terrified at the prospect of being called a RACIST!!!

You might enjoy this.. or maybe not..

Ha..not sure where that little rant came from..

Perhaps from someone who runs out of ideas whenever someone isn't terrified at the prospect of being called a RACIST!!!

You might enjoy this.. or maybe not..

So to respond to my claim that your entire essence revolves around the your perceived right to be racist, you post a muppet musical about being racist?

Cool :thumbsu:

So to respond to my claim that your entire essence revolves around the your perceived right to be racist, you post a muppet musical about being racist?

Cool :thumbsu:

You are on a footy chat website seriously accusing someone that their "entire essence revolves around the perceived right to be racist."

Hahahahahaha.

A muppet musical video seems perfectly appropriate.

You are on a footy chat website seriously accusing someone that their "entire essence revolves around the perceived right to be racist."

Hahahahahaha.

A muppet musical video seems perfectly appropriate.
Yeah, you can be as racist as you want but there will be consequences.

If you're racist at work, you will probably get fired.

If you're racist with friends, they won't like you unless they are racist aswell.

If you're racist in public, you'll probably get punched or your offices smashed up.

So if you yearn to be racist, then go and be racist.

If you're racist with friends, they won't like you unless they are racist aswell.

If you're racist in public, you'll probably get punched or your offices smashed up.

This is exactly why the debate on 18c seems so interesting, if those are already the consequences of such actions.

Should also add

"if you're racist on a forum, you'll probably eventually be banned"

How insightful of you.

You're also subject to 18c as someone else pointed out.

The issue is really what constitutes being racist, which is what we were talking about before you, probably out of habit, started a bizarre rant accusing me of being RACIST. On what basis I am still not sure.

To be honest it seems like you must live somewhere genuinely full of racists.

How insightful of you.

You're also subject to 18c as someone else pointed out.

The issue is really what constitutes being racist, which is what we were talking about before you, probably out of habit, started a bizarre rant accusing me of being RACIST. On what basis I am still not sure.

To be honest it seems like you must live somewhere genuinely full of racists.
This explains Kidd Fascist

The issue is really what constitutes being racist, which is what we were talking about before you
Oh sure.

Well it's clearly aimed at people who push unfactual attacks at people or groups because of their ethnicity or religion. Genuinely expressed critiques are fine.

And it's clearly aimed at people who s**t on groups who have been structurally oppressed. This is excellent.

And it excludes criticisms of the dominant culture such as critiques which highlight white privilege, male patriarchy etc. Again this is how the rule should be applied if its applied at all.

Oh sure.

Well it's clearly aimed at people who push unfactual attacks at people or groups because of their ethnicity or religion. Genuinely expressed critiques are fine.

And it's clearly aimed at people who s**t on groups who have been structurally oppressed. This is excellent.

And it excludes criticisms of the dominant culture such as critiques which highlight white privilege, male patriarchy etc. Again this is how the rule should be applied if its applied at all.

Why exclude attacks on supposedly "dominant" cultures exactly?

If a black person attacks a white person because they hate white people.. thats not racism? What nonsense.

"Critiques" (whatever that means) are ok but you dont s**t on people because of their race. That's fair enough. Whoever is the supposedly "dominant" culture has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back