Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you can enlighten us how race, sex and class can be disentangled from any meaningful discussion about western civilisation?

If I was to write a report on my life why would I go on and on about the fact that I am a white male ?

History should be predominantly focused on the achievements of western society , how we transformed from cavemen to the 21st century .

Shows change and modernise, or they go off the air. It's incredible what you get upset about, you must spend your day raging at clouds or something

How is it attacking the show to include a few talking female trains? And it's not the left. The company chose to. Why? Declining sales.

Your argument is with consumer capitalism. And I'm sure you're not smart enough to realise it.

This is left wing activism .

Your brain doesn't work properly.

The company chose to include talking female trains (and I can't believe Im typing this s**t) because their sales are declining. You've been told. Choose to believe what you want. I don't think you can understand it anyway.

Yes. Nothing to do with making money.

“We're not making these changes for the sake of it. We know that a lot of girls love the show. The audience on [Channel 5's] Milkshake is 50:50,' he added.”

How ever will they survive going forward if they insist on being inclusive and appealing to the widest audience possible? Bloody left wing activism

You want to be told how great it is. That's not academia.

Western society has provided a quality of life that no other society has come close to matching , this can not be ignored.

"The influence of the West is universal. It is the legacy of liberty, of inquiry, of toleration, of religious plurality, and of economic and social freedom. Western Civilisation pioneered the recognition of universal human values.
Our ideas about human rights are grounded in Christian theology. Classical Greece, Republican Rome, medieval Cordoba, and eighteenth-century Edinburgh are some of the sites where the foundations of the Western tradition were built. "

If you read the report you will notice that identity politics is very much the focus of the history that's being taught in our universities .

" The most common themes in the 746 history subjects offered in Australian universities in 2017 are,
in order: 1. Indigenous issues 2. Race 3. Gender 4. Environment 5. Identity "

"The teaching of history in Australian universities has become a bastion of the cultural theory of Identity Politics, whereby people are divided by their class, race, gender and their individuality is denied. Students studying history in Australia are at risk of finishing their degrees with a distorted view of the world in which the past is viewed as a contest between the oppressors and the oppressed. "

"There is a direct correlation between the recent rise of the ‘snowflake' generation, a neologism used to describe young adults of the twenty-first century as being less resistant and more inclined to taking offence and being offended "

Western society has provided a quality of life that no other society has come close to matching , this can not be ignored.

"The influence of the West is universal. It is the legacy of liberty, of inquiry, of toleration, of religious plurality, and of economic and social freedom. Western Civilisation pioneered the recognition of universal human values.
Our ideas about human rights are grounded in Christian theology. Classical Greece, Republican Rome, medieval Cordoba, and eighteenth-century Edinburgh are some of the sites where the foundations of the Western tradition were built. "

If you read the report you will notice that identity politics is very much the focus of the history that's being taught in our universities .

" The most common themes in the 746 history subjects offered in Australian universities in 2017 are,
in order: 1. Indigenous issues 2. Race 3. Gender 4. Environment 5. Identity "

"The teaching of history in Australian universities has become a bastion of the cultural theory of Identity Politics, whereby people are divided by their class, race, gender and their individuality is denied. Students studying history in Australia are at risk of finishing their degrees with a distorted view of the world in which the past is viewed as a contest between the oppressors and the oppressed. "

"There is a direct correlation between the recent rise of the ‘snowflake' generation, a neologism used to describe young adults of the twenty-first century as being less resistant and more inclined to taking offence and being offended "

The point of these subjects is that race, class and gender can't be separated from the victory lap that you want to run. And you're focusing on a dying and unfunded discipline. Go to economics, business and accounting classes for massaging capitalism's shoulders.

And the snowflake stuff is just tabloid rubbish.

And pretty hilarious considering you're getting snowflaky over female talking trains a few posts up.

The point of these subjects is that race, class and gender can't be separated from the victory lap that you want to run. And you're focusing on a dying and unfunded discipline. Go to economics, business and accounting classes for massaging capitalism's shoulders.

And the snowflake stuff is just tabloid rubbish.

And pretty hilarious considering you're getting snowflaky over female talking trains a few posts up.

So why does race ,gender and class need to be the focus of history studies in Australia ? Why not actually learn about how western society has evolved the way it has ?

Nothing wrong with at some point talking about race and gender but making it the core focus ?

Lets be honest this is all about radical left wing academics who cant get a job outside a university teaching students the idea that the word is divided between the oppressed and the oppressor .

So why does race ,gender and class need to be the focus of history studies in Australia ? Why not actually learn about how western society has evolved the way it has ?

Nothing wrong with at some point talking about race and gender but making it the core focus ?

Lets be honest this is all about radical left wing academics who cant get a job outside a university teaching students the idea that the word is divided between the oppressed and the oppressor .

You've studied one of those subjects? It sure as * sounds like you haven't.

Ok, so you have never studied it, and you're relying on some article you probably read in the Australian or HS, which would have come from the IPA?

Am I right?

given the fact that our education system is dominated by the far left it would make sense .

You know when I was in year 8 the Labour party took a policy to an election that would of seen millions of $$ taken away from my school and sent to government schools , our teaches would still say they wanted labour to win .They would often say something along the lines of what's a few $$ out of my pocket meaning your parents can pay a couple more thousand $$ in school fees . One day I said why don't you take a pay cut and was given a detention more left wing hypocrisy .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

given the fact that our education system is dominated by the far left it would make sense .

You know when I was in year 8 the Labour party took a policy to an election that would of seen millions of $$ taken away from my school and sent to government schools , our teaches would still say they wanted labour to win .They would often say something along the lines of what's a few $$ out of my pocket meaning your parents can pay a couple more thousand $$ in school fees . One day I said why don't you take a pay cut and was given a detention more left wing hypocrisy .
And then your favourite talking trains show was given girl trains. You've had a hard life.

It's only since the conservatives realised that they are getting destroyed in the culture wars that they've rebranded them as identity politics so they can battle on for a bit longer.

Did you see what happened last year in the USA ?

Not only is Trump president the Republicans control the House of reps , the Senate and the Supreme court .

You can also add in Brexit and the fact that One Nation is consistently polling around the same number as the Greens .

Not only is Trump president

Let's not gloss over this part. The guy comes off as a complete buffoon yet managed to outpoint an entire political establishment utilising a portion of the $$ that were against him. An entire portion of the nation were labelled as Racist/Sexist/Misogynist/Homophobe/Islamaphobe and they got a big dose of the shits with those dishing out the labels and literally shat down their throats.

the Republicans control the House of reps , the Senate and the Supreme court .

Add in the seats lost at state level and it has been a disastrous time for the Democrats. Yet they still regard Obama as a saint.

Dead cat bounce when it comes to Trump and Brexit, both are demonstrably terrible ideas that future generations will look on in bewilderment.

A country wanting to gain control over its boarders is a terrible idea ? Why the left are obsessed with porous boarders I do not know , it just keeps wages down and increases the costs of living .

The left already lost the economic debate , the same thing is happening with cultural wars .

A country wanting to gain control over its boarders is a terrible idea ? Why the left are obsessed with porous boarders I do not know , it just keeps wages down and increases the costs of living .

The left already lost the economic debate , the same thing is happening with cultural wars .
For the last time; it's borders.

One would think someone who devours tabloids obsessed with borders would ******* to know how to spell it.

Really good article about how universities not longer being taught about substance of western civilisation in Australian universities , the focus is now on identity politics.

" The report systematically reviews the 746 history courses offered across 35 Australian universities in 2017. It finds that undergraduate history degrees in Australia have become dominated by identity politics – where subjects are reduced to class, gender and race – to the detriment of important teachings on Western Civilisation."

"A survey of the titles and descriptions of all 746 subjects, reveals that there are significantly higher occurrences of ‘Indigenous’ ‘Race’, ‘Gender’, ‘Environment’. ‘Identity’, and ‘Sexuality’ than there are ‘Enlightenment’ or the ‘Reformation.’ There are more occurrences of ‘Islam’ than ‘Christianity.’"

A link would be nice.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back