Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how you draw the conclusion that it's all "political correctness" to blame.

I said it played a part.

I only entered this debate because I saw you discredit the author of the article because she's also selling a book, and then a few posts later mock someone for casting the same kind of doubt on research conducted by someone whose career depends on that research having a particular outcome. You were doubting that the hate crime trial even happened, so I found the evidence for you. Now you're trying to say that it was all just a big administrative error.

I'm sure there were other factors at work, but a reluctance to be seen as Islamophobic was certainly one of those factors. And I find it hard to believe that there was just the one cop that knew the girl had been raped by her accuser. No-one else ever knew the context of her supposed hate crime, right up until she was put on the stand?

I said it played a part.

I only entered this debate because I saw you discredit the author of the article because she's also selling a book, and then a few posts later mock someone for casting the same kind of doubt on research conducted by someone whose career depends on that research having a particular outcome. You were doubting that the hate crime trial even happened, so I found the evidence for you. Now you're trying to say that it was all just a big administrative error.

I'm sure there were other factors at work, but a reluctance to be seen as Islamophobic was certainly one of those factors. And I find it hard to believe that there was just the one cop that knew the girl had been raped by her accuser. No-one else ever knew the context of her supposed hate crime, right up until she was put on the stand?
Apparently the right people didn't.

Do you think the entire resources of the local police force were involved in this? Social services are woefully underfunded in many parts of the world where you'd think there were plenty of resources to protect the vulnerable.

Unfortunately the conservative dog whistling on TAX and LEANERS and BLUDGERS sees these services shrinking in real terms in country after country.

Apparently the right people didn't.

Do you think the entire resources of the local police force were involved in this? Social services are woefully underfunded in many parts of the world where you'd think there were plenty of resources to protect the vulnerable.

Unfortunately the conservative dog whistling on TAX and LEANERS and BLUDGERS sees these services shrinking in real terms in country after country.

It should have needed just one person to hear the back story and put an end to that madness. There's no excuse.

Who was advocating for her? What was her defence doing?

She beat the charge, so i guess they did their job, but it should never have got that far. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think the defence is able to force the police to drop charges before it goes to trial.

I find your attitude on this to be pathetic. Offensive even. Is it that hard to admit that fears of being labeled Islamophobic played a part in this situation unfolding the way that it did?

She beat the charge, so i guess they did their job, but it should never have got that far. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think the defence is able to force the police to drop charges before it goes to trial.

I find your attitude on this to be pathetic. Offensive even. Is it that hard to admit that fears of being labeled Islamophobic played a part in this situation unfolding the way that it did?

I can’t look into the minds of the cops, but the report says the racial charge trumped the allegations of abuse in their minds at the time, and the allegations and past behaviour of the bloke weren’t passed along when they should have been.

The weakness of the system meant the mistake or omission wasn’t caught by people up the chain.

Idiot cops gonna idiot. If they were afraid of being labeled racist then they have no backbone and no decency. Not surprising for cops.

But the system failed to check their stupidity. Investment in training, IT and advocacy would be your starting point, not wailing about political correctness.

If this had been a more obscure but no less stupid and harmful mistake you’d not hear a peep out of anyone in the general public.

Other than cops, did no-one else speak to the girl before she was put on trial? The cops aren't the only ones who ****ed up.

Other than cops, did no-one else speak to the girl before she was put on trial? The cops aren't the only ones who ****** up.

I don’t even know who up the chain knew of the allegations. From what I can see they’d been withdrawn by that time.

The response to the report talks about training in recognizing abuse situations and IT systems to share information.

But that requires investment.

Why do you think getting upset about political correctness is going to help anybody? It’s a sideshow.

I don’t even know who up the chain knew of the allegations. From what I can see they’d been withdrawn by that time.

The response to the report talks about training in recognizing abuse situations and IT systems to share information.

Why do you think getting upset about political correctness is going to help anybody? It’s a sideshow.

You're a sideshow.

I've been wanting to go over to the "hypocrisy of the right" thread and s**t on them as well, but...I really don't think I could stand being on the same side as the left-wing twats on this board. You are seriously a bunch of insufferable campaigners.

I've been wanting to go over to the "hypocrisy of the right" thread and s**t on them as well, but...I really don't think I could stand being on the same side as the left-wing twats on this board. You are seriously a bunch of insufferable campaigners.
:rolleyes: Sure you do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I know better than you where I sit on the political spectrum. You're providing a good example of the kind of campaigneriness I was talking about. Thanks.
That may well be the case, but you certainly sound like someone who likes their opinion being accepted as fact no matter how unsubstantiated, and dislikes being disagreed with. There are others on this board like that, and they have their very own safe space thread, the sort of place you'd fit right it.

That may well be the case, but you certainly sound like someone who likes their opinion being accepted as fact no matter how unsubstantiated, and dislikes being disagreed with. There are others on this board like that, and they have their very own safe space thread, the sort of place you'd fit right it.

What is unsubstantiated about what I've been saying? I've just been trying to get Chief to acknowledge that a fear of being labeled Islamophobic played a part in the mishandling of that rape case, as evident in the report by the child protection agency. He keeps insisting that it's all just a string of clerical issues, that nobody at any stage of her prosecution realised that the grown man accusing her of a hate crime was in fact her rapist. Stick your safe space up your arse, I like being on the battlefield. It's just frustrating trying to debate with cowards.

What is unsubstantiated about what I've been saying? I've just been trying to get Chief to acknowledge that a fear of being labeled Islamophobic played a part in the mishandling of that rape case, as evident in the report by the child protection agency. He keeps insisting that it's all just a string of clerical issues, that nobody at any stage of her prosecution realised that the grown man accusing her of a hate crime was in fact her rapist. Stick your safe space up your arse, I like being on the battlefield. It's just frustrating trying to debate with cowards.

Doesn't sound like a 'love of the battlefield to me'.

Doesn't sound like a 'love of the battlefield to me'.

Logic fail. Not wanting to fight alongside certain people doesn't equal not wanting to fight at all. I haven't looked much at that thread and I imagine it's a bit like shooting ducks in a barrel. With the added bias from mods, plus the inability of most of the left-wingers here to ever concede a point (even if it means defending a 16yo being charged for racially abusing her rapist), I don't imagine there's much sport to be had.

Logic fail. Not wanting to fight alongside certain people doesn't equal not wanting to fight at all. I haven't looked much at that thread and I imagine it's a bit like shooting ducks in a barrel. With the added bias from mods, plus the inability of most of the left-wingers here to ever concede a point (even if it means defending a 16yo being charged for racially abusing her rapist), I don't imagine there's much sport to be had.
But Chief wasn't doing that, he was simply questioning whether this was anything more than a terrible, indefensible admin fail, and that those who want to make it something else are sensationalising the incident to sell books. But you won't concede that this perhaps might be the case and then accuse everyone on the left side of politics of being 'left-wing twats' and 'a bunch of insufferable campaigners'. Sounds like you need a safe space.

But Chief wasn't doing that, he was simply questioning whether this was anything more than a terrible, indefensible admin fail, and that those who want to make it something else are sensationalising the incident to sell books. But you won't concede that this perhaps might be the case and then accuse everyone on the left side of politics of being 'left-wing twats' and 'a bunch of insufferable campaigners'. Sounds like you need a safe space.

Okay, first off, you're lying. I did not call "everyone on the left" anything. I consider myself to be on the left. I'm talking about the tossers on this board.

As for Chief's argument...you seriously think that her case went all the way to trial with nobody realising that her accuser was her rapist? Just a series of admin fails. No-one ever asked her about her relationship to her accuser (except the cops that knew he'd been raping her).

Disappointing opinion on this.

Come on man.

Engage with the conversation. You’re smarter than this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on man.

Engage with the conversation. You’re smarter than this.

It seems to be pointless. You don't seem willing to acknowledge that "political correctness" played any role at all, even though the child protection agency report confirms that it did. You began by casting doubt on the hate crime charges ever being laid on the girl, then when it was shown that it had happened, you want to put it 100% on lack of communication and poor administration. There is no doubt that at the very least, there were some police who were confused about which was the more serious crime (which is mind-blowing). They even sent the rapist a victim support letter that referenced his history with the underage girl!

We need to ensure that cultural sensitivities don't take precedence over the investigation of serious crimes. How much that was at the root of this problem is debatable, but to argue that it played no role at all in what happened to the girl is willfully ignorant.

Citizens of West Africa are hypocritical as anything. They chose to disparage the Monarchy over the last century rather than show love, but when a new strain of ebola virus breaks out (as a result of their unacceptable hygiene and living standards) it's like wah wah wah come save us.

I consider myself to be on the left.

Coincidentally, today's "facebook memory" was my chart from politicalcompass.org three years ago. I took it again this morning to compare.

I've moved 2 lines toward Authoritarian from Libertarian (surprised me as I'd have guessed it would move the other way if at all). I've also moved one line further to the right (maybe a little less surprising).

polcompass.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back