Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that those who continually rave about Islam, often dont actually have a shade of grey in their rhetoric.

They want to ban ALL muslim immigration or deport ALL muslims, not just the radical elements.

The reason why we fail to see the 'shade of grey' in the arguments is because they are usually framed in such a way to not actually allow for a shade of grey.

You want to stop Islamic extremism? Guess what so do I. The difference is that i believe in things like the rule of law, innocent till proven guilty, the right to a fair trial. Not just blacklisting a whole race/religion because of fringe elements.

It is the right wing xenophobic One Nation types that fail to see the shades of grey not the left.

The thing is that many people have grown up amongst Muslims, have been to the mosques, have studied the texts, have studied the history and understand that there is a huge problem with ISLAM. Not extremism, not every individual Muslim but Islam as a whole.

These people are not right wing fascist a lot of the times, they are people who can see and understand the problems with Islam.

There is an entire spectrum of these problems with Islam, not just violence or whatever other parameters the left seem to define as the only issues as to absolve the rest of the Muslim population of any wrongdoing.

The brainwashed left tries to deflect any and all criticism of Islam towards fringe violent sects and prefers to focus on grey areas rather than the real problem of Islam as a whole which is now unfolding and which also comes as absolutely no surprise to those who haven't been conditioned to hate western society.

Brainwashed individuals such as cenk here..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y/news-story/212b97b26ad5858a2421523dde546dec

Seven and its burkini family owe France an apology

The Seven Network and the pugnacious Muslim Aussie family it flew to the French Riviera with the aim of provoking beachgoers into a “racist” reaction to the “Aussie cossie” burkini owe the traumatised people of Nice and France a swift apology.

The cynical stunt pulled by the Sunday Night program, where it spirited Sydney hijab-proselytising medical student Zeynab Alshelh and her activist parents off to a beach near Nice to “show solidarity” with (radically conservative) Muslims, featured the 23-year-old flaunting her burkini in an obvious attempt to bait Gallic sun lovers into religious and ethnically motivated hatred. Except according to the French people filmed against their will, the claimed “chasing off the beach” that made international headlines never occurred because Seven used hidden camera tactics, selective editing and deliberate distortion to reach its predetermined conclusions.

This unethical exercise in journalism deliberately painted France as “hostile to Muslims” even though the most hostile countries in the world for Muslim women are places such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, where being female entails forcible veiling and the threat of punishment with the lash, prison or worse for flouting bans on driving, playing sport, committing “adultery” or doing much at all without a male guardian.

The manipulation is the latest example of calculated French-bashing fuelled by collusion between the goals of political Islam and compliant media outlets seeking culture clash cliches.

Long article, if you want to read it all follow the link

I've grown up with Muslims myself (quite a few actually come to think of it). Not one of them has grown up to be a fundamentalist or hate the West.

People like yourself get up in arms when others call you out as a xenophobe and you cry foul about how we fail to see the nuance in your arguments and that there are shades of grey etc.

But we've been over this before, there may be problems with Islam. This DOES NOT EQUATE to all people who call themselves practicing Muslims being deserving of lesser rights than anyone else or all Muslims being out to destroy the West.

The problem is that your arguments rarely if ever acknowledge this fact. And when they do, the solutions you come up with still fail to differentiate between radical and non-radical Islam. I remember one of your ridiculous solutions last time was an Islam tax or something equally dumb.

If you want to go down the road of guilt by association, and disregard the very idea of the rule of law (where all are equal before the law and no one above the law) and the notion of innocent till proven guilty then may I recommend a country just to the north of South Korea which may suit your ideals better.

What the "brainwashed right" (as you are fond of saying) just don't get is that segregation, intolerance, hatred, xenophobia and the us against them mentality they continually push will never produce a better outcome. NEVER. Islam is now entrenched in Australia. It isn't going anywhere.

We as a society are much better off trying to reach out to possible future young fundamentalist radicals who are disenfranchised with Western society than push them away and make them feel unwelcome. Dr Anne Aly's work in counter terrorism has done more for the deradicalisation of Islam than all the Reclaim Australia rallies and Pauline Hanson speeches could ever do (and shame on the disgusting grubs in the Liberal Party that tried to smear her at the last election calling her a supporter of terrorism).

W
I've grown up with Muslims myself (quite a few actually come to think of it). Not one of them has grown up to be a fundamentalist or hate the West.

People like yourself get up in arms when others call you out as a xenophobe and you cry foul about how we fail to see the nuance in your arguments and that there are shades of grey etc.

But we've been over this before, there may be problems with Islam. This DOES NOT EQUATE to all people who call themselves practicing Muslims being deserving of lesser rights than anyone else or all Muslims being out to destroy the West.

The problem is that your arguments rarely if ever acknowledge this fact. And when they do, the solutions you come up with still fail to differentiate between radical and non-radical Islam. I remember one of your ridiculous solutions last time was an Islam tax or something equally dumb.

If you want to go down the road of guilt by association, and disregard the very idea of the rule of law (where all are equal before the law and no one above the law) and the notion of innocent till proven guilty then may I recommend a country just to the north of South Korea which may suit your ideals better.

What the "brainwashed right" (as you are fond of saying) just don't get is that segregation, intolerance, hatred, xenophobia and the us against them mentality they continually push will never produce a better outcome. NEVER. Islam is now entrenched in Australia. It isn't going anywhere.

We as a society are much better off trying to reach out to possible future young fundamentalist radicals who are disenfranchised with Western society than push them away and make them feel unwelcome. Dr Anne Aly's work in counter terrorism has done more for the deradicalisation of Islam than all the Reclaim Australia rallies and Pauline Hanson speeches could ever do (and shame on the disgusting grubs in the Liberal Party that tried to smear her at the last election calling her a supporter of terrorism).

lol you actually used the word 'nuance'

"What the "brainwashed right" (as you are fond of saying) just don't get is that segregation, intolerance, hatred, xenophobia and the us against them mentality they continually push will never produce a better outcome. NEVER. Islam is now entrenched in Australia. It isn't going anywhere."

What you have described here is Islam in a nutshell. This is exactly what we are up against and as you say, it will NEVER produce a better outcome! These are core values of the belief system. We can't change that no matter how many hugs you think you can give.

Cognitive dissonance yet again by the brainwashed left.

What the "brainwashed right" (as you are fond of saying) just don't get is that segregation

You do realise it was the right that ended segregation and slavery don't you, segregation is what you end up back with when social justice runs wild.

If you want to go down the road of guilt by association, and disregard the very idea of the rule of law

You're projecting there, a tactic the left often uses.

You do realise it was the right that ended segregation and slavery don't you, segregation is what you end up back with when social justice runs wild.

You're projecting there, a tactic the left often uses.

Even if that was true, which it isnt, how is that relevant to the current topic?

W

"What the "brainwashed right" (as you are fond of saying) just don't get is that segregation, intolerance, hatred, xenophobia and the us against them mentality they continually push will never produce a better outcome. NEVER. Islam is now entrenched in Australia. It isn't going anywhere."

What you have described here is Islam in a nutshell. This is exactly what we are up against and as you say, it will NEVER produce a better outcome! These are core values of the belief system. We can't change that no matter how many hugs you think you can give.

Yes so attacking, vilifying and making them feel unwelcome is going to result in deradicalisation.

Im going to hazard a guess and say that your iq doesnt reach double digits if you honestly believe that.

Ofcourse you dont believe it. You clearly arent looking to come up with real solutions just a way to push your agenda.

Even if that was true, which it isnt, how is that relevant to the current topic?

You were the one claiming it was relevant, I'm pointing out it was the right that ended those practices. Which they did.

In the presidential campaign the year before, the Republican platform had expressly endorsed the Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The Democratic platform did not.

To the contrary, that year, 99 members of Congress signed the “Southern Manifesto” denouncing the court’s ruling in Brown. Two were Republicans. Ninety-seven were Democrats.

As president, Eisenhower pushed through the 1957 Civil Rights Act and the 1960 Civil Rights Act. He established the Civil Rights Commission. It was Eisenhower, not Truman, who fully desegregated the military.

Meanwhile, the Brown decision was being openly defied by the Democratic governor of Arkansas (and Bill Clinton pal), Orval Faubus, who refused to admit black students to Little Rock Central High School.

Liberals act as if Eisenhower’s sending federal troops to Little Rock was like Nixon going to China. No, it was like Nixon going to California.

Only someone who knows no history could proclaim, as Tanenhaus did, that the 1957 act “wasn’t great, it wasn’t what LBJ gave us, but it was something.”

If Eisenhower’s 1957 civil rights bill was weak, it was because of one man: Lyndon B. Johnson. As Robert Caro explains in his book, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson,” it was LBJ who stripped the bill of its enforcement provisions. Even after that, the bill was still opposed by 18 senators — all of them Democrats.

“Not one Republican voted against that bill!” — as if the 1957 Civil Right Act was a Democratic idea and they were delighted to get any Republican support at all.

Imagine a modern German historian saying: “Remember — it wasn’t just Germans who opposed the Holocaust. The English and Americans did too!” Such a historian would be beaten bloody, quite rightly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is you are equating the modern tea party fascist republican party with the moderate republican party of yesteryear.

I think the republicans of yesteryear would cringe and condemn the modern right wing xenophobia of Trump/Hanson and their ilk.

Seriously, you are deluded. Here is a brief synopsis. Party labels in the US have often shifted.

The Republicans used to be the party of the North east, and the Democrats the South. After FDR and then Truman started to embrace civil rights, this flipped.

The Dems behind a coalition of minorities and labour became dominant in the North. The heavily racist South was abandoned by the Dems, and some of them formed the Dixiecrats and stayed loyal to segregation. Now you'd never guess what the Republicans' Southern Strategy was? It was a strategy that allowed the Repubs to gain the South through appeals to the racist Dixiecrats. The Dixiecrat leader? Strom Thurmond. A Republican Senator until he died.

You have no idea.

What else is funny is that he holds out the Republicans as being fantastic for opposing segregation of african americans but then (most likely) advocates and supports the segregation of muslims today.

I think George Orwell called that doublethink.

What else is funny is that he holds out the Republicans as being fantastic for opposing segregation of african americans but then (most likely) advocates and supports the segregation of muslims today.

I think George Orwell called that doublethink.

Particularly when one considers that many African Americans today, are Muslim converts, following on in Malcolm X's footsteps....Their overtly simplistic narratives, come crashing to the ground, upon any in depth analysis.

Yes so attacking, vilifying and making them feel unwelcome is going to result in deradicalisation.

Im going to hazard a guess and say that your iq doesnt reach double digits if you honestly believe that.

Ofcourse you dont believe it. You clearly arent looking to come up with real solutions just a way to push your agenda.
Typical defense of the brainwashed. Build a strawman defense to preserve your view.

When did I say anything about attacking and vilifying Muslims???

Why should Australian's make an ideology which hates Australian's feel welcome??

Only a brainwashed regressive who offers contradiction after contradiction could feel satisfied with this 'solution.'

The left wing version of a solution leaves us with nothing more than a huge dilemma on our hands.

Please watch this video and understand that you can seek professional help and rid yourself of this conditioning.

W

This is exactly why I bumped the original thread. Somehow a religion of bigotry, sexism, homophobia and transphobia has become the darling of the "progressive" left who usually fight against those things.

This is exactly why I bumped the original thread. Somehow a religion of bigotry, sexism, homophobia and transphobia has become the darling of the "progressive" left who usually fight against those things.

We just go around in circles dont we. Your argument is: you either hate all muslims or else you support Islamic extremism.

Ofcourse you cant oppose Islamic extremists.and at the same time value good muslim people's contribution to society.

And to think a poster accused lefties of being unable to see the shades of grey.

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference between saying "Hey racism and bigotry sucks so if we see that in Australia we're going to fight it" and "We openly promote Islamic Fundamentalism"

The problem is you are equating the modern tea party fascist republican party with the moderate republican party of yesteryear.

I think the republicans of yesteryear would cringe and condemn the modern right wing xenophobia of Trump/Hanson and their ilk.

You think people back in the 1960s and earlier would be embarrassed by how racist people are nowadays? Are you actually serious?

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference between saying "Hey racism and bigotry sucks so if we see that in Australia we're going to fight it" and "We openly promote Islamic Fundamentalism"

Left wingers have repeatedly reminded me that being intolerant of intolerance is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back