Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on the rise.

There are also cases of males in US schools that are identifying themselves as females in order to dominate girls sport.

What might be considered `fair` for these people with disorders is unfair on the girls that have a biological disadvantage
Specifically?

Wasn't aware that Coburg was under attack? The only purges Coburg needs are the ones caused by late night souvas thanks Viney.

The people of multicultural Coburg have defended themselves from various forms of right wing extremism over the generations.

And when I say various forms I mean almost exclusively pro-British right wing zealots who hate either Catholics, Asians, Wogs, Blacks or Muslims depending on the era.

I'm more a kebab guy than a Souva guy, but reasonable point that.

Last edited:

I think that tag's more for people that support every social justice cause with little thought as to how they effect each other.

Eg

-Wanting more respect for women's sport but then allowing them to be dominated by intersex and transgender athletes.

-supporting gay and women's rights and then supporting the mass importation of people from patriarchal, homophobic right wing religious societies.

Kind of like the phrase "do gooder", it's used for people that think they're doing good, but aren't really making a difference or even hurting their cause.

And its a reasonable criticism in some cases. But its usually the liberal progressive right they're actually criticising, not the left. But its confusing because the mainstream media and formerly left wing (now corrupted) political parties has sold this idea that 'left' means you're still a capitalist you just care about minorities and loathe white men (except yourself of course, because you're enlightened).

There's nothing left wing about it at all. Its the domain of wealthy kids with some brains, but no grasp of class politics, only identity politics.

Which women's sports are dominted by trans athletes? A couple of examples at the Olympics doesn't make this commonplace.

I was specifically talking about the 800m event. Not being common doesn't mean it's not an issue when it happens. It was weird to watch because people who would usually be all for women's rights were all of a sudden happy to see them denied medals by Intersex athletes. The rightful gold medalist went home empty handed.

Sports all over the world are won, and lost because an athlete may have a competitive advantage, that might not be entirely fair. I think you're conflating this into more of an issue you than it is. Something that might need looking at going forward, certainly, evidence of some lefty hypocrisy, not really.

The people of multicultural Coburg have defended themselves from various forms of white ring extremism over the generations.

And when I say various forms I mean almost exclusively pro-British right wing zealots who hate either Catholics, Asians, Wogs, Blacks or Muslims depending on the era.

I'm more a kebab guy than a Souva guy, but reasonable point that.

How familiar are you with this suburb?

Sports all over the world are won, and lost because an athlete may have a competitive advantage, that might not be entirely fair. I think you're conflating this into more of an issue you than it is. Something that might need looking at going forward, certainly, evidence of some lefty hypocrisy, not really.

There's a reason why men and women compete separately. There aren't rules in swimming against having size 17 feet like Ian Thorpe. There aren't rules in basketball against being 7 foot tall like Shaq or Tim Duncan. There are rules in women's sport requiring you to be an actual woman. Unfortunately the CAS has succumbed and allowed these intersex athletes to compete.

I never said it was a huge issue, but when Semenya and co finished 1-2-3 in the women's 800m people who are usually all for women's rights were trying to justify it using the exact phrase you've used here. Like I said, happy for intersex athletes to deny women a medal.

There's a reason why men and women compete separately. There aren't rules in swimming against having size 17 feet like Ian Thorpe. There aren't rules in basketball against being 7 foot tall like Shaq or Tim Duncan. There are rules in women's sport requiring you to be an actual woman. Unfortunately the CAS has succumbed and allowed these intersex athletes to compete.

I never said it was a huge issue, but when Semenya and co finished 1-2-3 in the women's 800m people who are usually all for women's rights were trying to justify it using the exact phrase you've used here. Like I said, happy for intersex athletes to deny women a medal.

Like you said its not a huge issue, but I agree with you that it's unfair. These kinds of issues are really great at distracting people from whats actually important though.

And when I see people basing their political philosophies off the 800m, I suspect there may something else behind it.

Allowing intersex athletes like Semenya to run & compete against women is farcical, & exposes a lack of back-bone on behalf of those who sit on the committees, who allow such things.....Until Semenya & co have their internal testes removed, they should be banned from running against women forthwith.

This is as clear a case as any, where gender politics has overridden common-sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Specifically?
I don't have time to find a VERY specific article today but.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/transgender-students-school-athletics-nebraska-title-ix

"Nearly 40 states have adopted policies for high school transgender athletes. Some allow students to play on teams based on gender identity, without any kind of hormone requirement"

map_14.jpg

"And the politics of gender—or rather, gender identity—have reached a fever pitch, not only in Nebraska, but on the national stage. In May this year, the US Department of Education sent a letter to public schools across the country, saying they could lose federal funding if they discriminated against transgender students. The letter made waves for its guidance on bathroom access—it said trans kids should be allowed to use facilities of their choice. It also called on schools to allow transgender kids to play on sports teams matching their identity, notes Sarah Axelson, a Title IX expert at the Women's Sports Foundation. "

I never knew female high school athletics was the flag in the sand issue for the right.

I don't know that this is either a right/ left issue at all.

High school you could turn a blind-eye to..... But at international level, then surely common-sense should prevail.

This is after all about fairness & a level playing field....And having internal testes is clearly an unfair advantage.

I just don't think the typical Muslim newcomer would feel welcomed by an effeminate, cross-dressing man, Cuck Vicious / Funkyzeit mit Cuck.

Does that photo make you uncomfortable?

It doesn't matter what a muslim thinks of him, if they're moving to an egalitarian democratic society they will need to get used to it.

Just like Trump's 400 pound bed ridden supporters need to adjust to the fact we have accepted some muslim refugees and will probably continue to do so until the situation in Syria (and others) is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back