Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So many issues are currently concurrently occurring but to focus on two....

I believe when things go too far, as they are in recent times, that often there's an organic push back, not just stopping where it rests, but reversing itself, perhaps even all the way to the opposite extreme.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-42630108

French actress Catherine Deneuve has said that men should be "free to hit on" women.

She is one of 100 well-known French women who wrote an open letter, warning about a new "puritanism" sparked by recent sexual harassment scandals.

The letter deplores a wave of "denunciations" after claims that US movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has raped or sexually assaulted dozens of women.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.d...-to-replace-online-hate-speech-law/a-42058030

Senior figures in the rival Free Democratic (FDP), Green and Left parties on Sunday demanded lawmakers replace Germany's recently passed online hate speech law. The call comes after Twitter decided to delete allegedly offensive statements by far-right politicians and suspend the account of a German satirical magazine.

"The last few days have emphatically shown that private companies cannot correctly determine whether a questionable online statement is illegal, satirical or tasteless yet still democratically legitimate," the FDP's general secretary Nicola Beer (pictured above) told Germany weekly Die Welt am Sonntag.

The Delusionist

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think the two opposing sides have both pushed out to more extreme areas. Feeding off each other.
As certain nutters push the "politically correct" agenda to extreme limits, there is rebellion from the other side allowing for the normalisation of more extreme bigoted views. This of course causes people to react and support the "politically correct" agenda, which pushes nutters to more extreme positions, and on and on.

People are calling for satirical magazines to be shut down. And we have people thinking that saying "White power" while performing a sieg heil is just humorous.

And we have people who identify as "left" or "right" who automatically go into bat with whatever side their team is on, without really thinking about the individual situations and taking them on merit.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
The pendulum will swing back the other way again with time. And then back... and then back...

What other card do the left have play ? PC is just part of identity politics , it is very rare for PC to be applied when people are talking about a white male.

Having lost the economic debate and than recently the decline in trade union membership the left needed to look elsewhere for something to campaign on and for new votes.

If the left don't focus on identity politics and PC what are they going to focus on ?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
What other card do the left have play ? PC is just part of identity politics , it is very rare for PC to be applied when people are talking about a white male.

Having lost the economic debate and than recently the decline in trade union membership the left needed to look elsewhere for something to campaign on and for new votes.

If the left don't focus on identity politics and PC what are they going to focus on ?

Lol. Isn't you blaming 'the left' itself identity politics?

Longjohnmire

Senior List
Dec 31, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The generalised leftist think tank who constantly scream words like Racist, sexist, transphobe, islamaphobe etc, are the new Facists in our society. If you don’t fall in line with their views you are instantly abused and labelled. The opinion you state will also be considered invalid.

This is crazy. My biggest problem is the potential response of the normal person who isn’t an SJW or hardcore leftist. If trump can win his way to the Whitehouse there are more of these types around than the loud left would like to think. If the leftist media, universities/college’s, Hollywood and Musos don’t pull their heads out of their ass and stop pushing these views, western society as we know it is doomed. It’s ****ed up how the leftist folks ignore proven science and constantly contradict themselves with their views.

Leftist organisations like ‘the young turks’ is a complete contradiction in itself even by the name when they lay claim to being social justice warriors, yet name their organisation after the group responsible for one of the most abhorrent genocides in human history in Armenia. 1.5M people murdered at the hands of the Young Turks yet their fearless leaders Cenk and Ana refuse to admit that it ever took place. Anyway that’s a side issue and they’ve lost any credibility they once had due to way too many contradictions.
The main thing that needs to change IMO is MSM need to take a step back from their campaigning one way or the other, report facts and let people decide for themselves. Give whomever a voice and stop trying to control the masses via a controlled, generally leftist narrative.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
I think the two opposing sides have both pushed out to more extreme areas. Feeding off each other.
As certain nutters push the "politically correct" agenda to extreme limits, there is rebellion from the other side allowing for the normalisation of more extreme bigoted views. This of course causes people to react and support the "politically correct" agenda, which pushes nutters to more extreme positions, and on and on.

People are calling for satirical magazines to be shut down. And we have people thinking that saying "White power" while performing a sieg heil is just humorous.

And we have people who identify as "left" or "right" who automatically go into bat with whatever side their team is on, without really thinking about the individual situations and taking them on merit.
Possibly the last decent post we will see on this thread.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
No blaming a political ideology is not identity politics at all . Judging people based on their gender, sexual orientation, religion and skin colour is identity politics.

Judging people by religion and sexual identity is wrong?

I'l be sure to remind you of this in the next Islam or homosexuality thread.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Judging people by religion and sexual identity is wrong?

I'l be sure to remind you of this in the next Islam or homosexuality thread.

I have a few friends who are Muslim including one that I go to the footy with, we also have a few gay people at work who I get along with fine. I don't have problems with either.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I have a few friends who are Muslim including one that I go to the footy with, we also have a few gay people at work who I get along with fine. I don't have problems with either.
Ah the old I have x friends argument, despite you calling for a muslim ban.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Posted this a couple of months back. Won't lose relevance any time soon.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/who-is-to-blame.1182191/#post-53435515

Great article from The Economist recently about the impact Social Media is having on democracies.

https://www.economist.com/news/brie...d-once-considered-boon-democracy-social-media

This graph is quite telling. You don't have to go too far to the depths of the internet to see how extreme people's views are becoming.

20171104_FBC910.png

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Ah the old I have x friends argument, despite you calling for a muslim ban.

No I didn't call for a Muslim ban, I called for a ban like they have in the USA which would be from countries that present a security risk. Muslims would still be able to immigrate from countries not on the list.

You also realise that the ban would not effect Australian citizens in anyway ? the law should treat all Australians equally but when it comes to immigration policy we can pick and choose who we let in. The people you claim are being discriminated against are not Australian citizens.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
No I didn't call for a Muslim ban, I called for a ban like they have in the USA which would be from countries that present a security risk. Muslims would still be able to immigrate from countries not on the list.

You also realise that the ban would not effect Australian citizens in anyway ? the law should treat all Australians equally but when it comes to immigration policy we can pick and choose who we let in. The people you claim are being discriminated against are not Australian citizens.
You mean the ban that wouldn't have stopped many of the recent attacks? Great idea. What is stopping Muslims in those other countries from becoming extremist? I mean, we have home grown muslims who have become extremist muslims...

Also no, by the constitution we can't pick and choose who we let in in terms of religion. Maybe you should give reading anything other than Andrew Bolt a go.

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Leftist organisations like ‘the young turks’ is a complete contradiction in itself even by the name when they lay claim to being social justice warriors, yet name their organisation after the group responsible for one of the most abhorrent genocides in human history in Armenia. 1.5M people murdered at the hands of the Young Turks yet their fearless leaders Cenk and Ana refuse to admit that it ever took place. Anyway that’s a side issue and they’ve lost any credibility they once had due to way too many contradictions.
The bizarre thing is that Ana Kasparian is ethnically Armenian. Why would you be on a panel show named after the people who waged genocide against you?

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
So many issues are currently concurrently occurring but to focus on two....

I believe when things go too far, as they are in recent times, that often there's an organic push back, not just stopping where it rests, but reversing itself, perhaps even all the way to the opposite extreme.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-42630108

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.d...-to-replace-online-hate-speech-law/a-42058030

Rationality and reality went out the window years ago, when the first thug in society said "hey guys an imaginary being exists and has given me special powers to rule over you" all the way through to today when the same people are stating "The reason I have heaps of munny is I worked very hard" and society, in the form of plebs, enable these sociopaths to live out their masturbatory fantasy, i.e. the society we all live in. But the reality of the situation is these people are sociopaths, they're fooked in the head, and the only thing that has come from this way of thinking, this little thought out and stupid philosophy, is every known and unknown war (the deaths over human history of billions) and every known and unknown issue in society (perhaps with the exception of natural disasters).

The funny thing is when the plebs take seriously whatever the people who will come into power from either the "left" or the "right" tell them. The people in power do not even possess the mental capabilities required to give a fook about what they are stating.

Here's some American propaganda for you...

Al "I have a larger carbon footprint than George Bush" Gore... like seriously? When the fook did he ever care about climate change? He probably flushes his toilet using petroleum. Obama, apparently, needs $1.2M to deliver 3 speeches (What? Are his fooking legs going to fall off when he delivers them?), and yet in one of his speeches he was crapping on about corporate greed (greedy executives). Hillary Clinton decided to use her election campaign to point out Trump's failings towards women, and the empowerment of women, maybe she forgot who she was married to?

Now imagine they are "right" - ha ha ha - see what I did there?

The only thing these people are after is your vote, and they will do and say anything to get it, Trump went for the LGBT and Neo-Nazi vote on the same campaign, Rand Paul wanted the religious vote, but was not willing to say, under his libertarian philosophy, what agency people will be afforded when it comes to behaviour that is thought of as "anti-Christian" etc etc

Now imagine they are Australian - see what I did there?

The PC thing is the same, as soon as any issue is politicised it becomes a joke, a parody of itself, but that does not mean that there is not an underlying issue, mark my words my "right" and "left"-addled friends.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rationality and reality went out the window years ago, when the first thug in society said "hey guys an imaginary being exists and has given me special powers to rule over you" all the way through to today when the same people are stating "The reason I have heaps of munny is I worked very hard" and society, in the form of plebs, enable these sociopaths to live out their masturbatory fantasy, i.e. the society we all live in. But the reality of the situation is these people are sociopaths, they're fooked in the head, and the only thing that has come from this way of thinking, this little thought out and stupid philosophy, is every known and unknown war (the deaths over human history of billions) and every known and unknown issue in society (perhaps with the exception of natural disasters).

The funny thing is when the plebs take seriously whatever the people who will come into power from either the "left" or the "right" tell them. The people in power do not even possess the mental capabilities required to give a fook about what they are stating.

Here's some American propaganda for you...

Al "I have a larger carbon footprint than George Bush" Gore... like seriously? When the fook did he ever care about climate change? He probably flushes his toilet using petroleum. Obama, apparently, needs $1.2M to deliver 3 speeches (What? Are his fooking legs going to fall off when he delivers them?), and yet in one of his speeches he was crapping on about corporate greed (greedy executives). Hillary Clinton decided to use her election campaign to point out Trump's failings towards women, and the empowerment of women, maybe she forgot who she was married to?

Now imagine they are "right" - ha ha ha - see what I did there?

The only thing these people are after is your vote, and they will do and say anything to get it, Trump went for the LGBT and Neo-Nazi vote on the same campaign, Rand Paul wanted the religious vote, but was not willing to say, under his libertarian philosophy, what agency people will be afforded when it comes to behaviour that is thought of as "anti-Christian" etc etc

Now imagine they are Australian - see what I did there?

The PC thing is the same, as soon as any issue is politicised it becomes a joke, a parody of itself, but that does not mean that there is not an underlying issue, mark my words my "right" and "left"-addled friends.
Oh I've always blamed the people in power --- religion, politics, corporations, academia, media, etc. To be in such power requires a sociopathic personality, or one learns that along the way there. They make all the rules for us plebs, they make all the thoughts too for us to think. As bad as the fact sociopaths are in power, is that the plebs listen and follow along as intended -- for the most part.

I think it's a symptom of our fast paced, 2 minute media relevance culture.

Things happen very quickly now and where someone might have spent their whole life working towards a goal they can now rustle up enough community support for it to be done much faster.

Social justice is going tick, tick, tick...what next?

I think the closer we get to equality the more divisive politics will become as people struggle for a sense of their own identity and choose to raise their flag for the simplest and most obvious way in which they are different, leaning right into that culture to give themselves an answer. Especially in highschool.

The generalised leftist think tank who constantly scream words like Racist, sexist, transphobe, islamaphobe etc, are the new Facists in our society. If you don’t fall in line with their views you are instantly abused and labelled. The opinion you state will also be considered invalid.

This is crazy. My biggest problem is the potential response of the normal person who isn’t an SJW or hardcore leftist. If trump can win his way to the Whitehouse there are more of these types around than the loud left would like to think. If the leftist media, universities/college’s, Hollywood and Musos don’t pull their heads out of their ass and stop pushing these views, western society as we know it is doomed. It’s ****** up how the leftist folks ignore proven science and constantly contradict themselves with their views.

The main thing that needs to change IMO is MSM need to take a step back from their campaigning one way or the other, report facts and let people decide for themselves. Give whomever a voice and stop trying to control the masses via a controlled, generally leftist narrative.

Talk about losing credibility, starts post with...

The generalised leftist think tank

Back