Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The question then is what is hard work and what is accurate foresight?

A child in a Victorian work house could have worked their fingers to the bone, knowing the end was death of some disease or other. Where did that hard work and accurate foresight get them?
You use such poor analogies.

As per the Marks quote - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hypocrisy-of-the-left-part-3.1204489/post-59281744 - your foresight could have been totally accurate based on all of the possibly available information. But randomness is not available information and your impeccable analysis and prediction could be undone by a mouse chewing a wire two streets over. Or not chewing a wire. Or a drunk driver. Or a lawyer not reading the law properly.

Events out of your control, even if known about (mice chew wires, people drink and drive, lawyers make mistakes), are unpredictable in their timing and effect.
As someone who runs a website, and has done so for 20 years, surely you know about redundancy?

Luck only works if by some roll of the dice a different outcome is possible. But this is not possible for who you are born to. You cannot be born as anyone other than yourself.

If you are born to wealthy or poor parents, this is not luck.

Luck only works if by some roll of the dice a different outcome is possible. But this is not possible for who you are born to. You cannot be born as anyone other than yourself.

What is it then? Good management? A reward or punishment for a good or bad previous life?

Wtf is this thread about ,was it started by some rich private school kid who got brought up with pictures of Alexander Downer in his house? Or is it just a guy who can't find a girlfriend and believes in conspiracy theories? If you wanna talk ScoMo, there's no doubt the hypocracy of claiming yo be a Christian, but doesn't have any Christian values in his policy.For me though, it is this current govenments appalling record on real climate change policy.A disgrace that a rich western country like us is setting such a terrible example to countries we influence.

I dunno - i was born to a wealthy family - i reckon im lucky af

Especially seeing as it was in australia and not some shitistan place.

I see people born to poor families and how unlucky that is - they dont have 1/10th of the opportunities ive had.

I dunno - i was born to a wealthy family - i reckon im lucky af

Especially seeing as it was in australia and not some shitistan place.

I see people born to poor families and how unlucky that is - they dont have 1/10th of the opportunities ive had.
Was there any chance you would have been born in a poor family?

How is not relevant?
It doesn't fit the narrative that nobody is responsible for anything.

But tread carefully, if someone were to mention that poor parents are responsible for a cycle of poor lives then someone might suggest we be kind and remove their children from them to break the cycle.

That never ends well.

How is not relevant?
The circumstances of your birth is down to luck as far as you are concerned. You cannot affect anything your parents do before you're born or even for quite some time afterwards either. How is that a difficult concept to understand?

It doesn't fit the narrative that nobody is responsible for anything.

But tread carefully, if someone were to mention that poor parents are responsible for a cycle of poor lives then someone might suggest we be kind and remove their children from them to break the cycle.

That never ends well.

I think the suggestion is that all kids should have as much opportunity as possible so that they have as much chance as possible to reach their potential in life. Is that such a controversial sentiment? Or should they just be choosing their parents better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The circumstances of your birth is down to luck as far as you are concerned. You cannot affect anything your parents do before you're born or even for quite some time afterwards either. How is that a difficult concept to understand?
Luck only matters where an event can have a different outcome, which is determined by chance. Can you be born to anyone else?

I think the suggestion is that all kids should have as much opportunity as possible so that they have as much chance as possible to reach their potential in life. Is that such a controversial sentiment? Or should they just be choosing their parents better?
I mother my children the same way my mother did, who learned it from her mother.

Their father learned from his dad who learned from his dad how to be a father.

How do you propose the cycle is broken of parents not knowing how to teach their children, or staying with their children so they can have the best chance at life?

I don't have hard data but I expect that children of broken home and single mums are more likely to end up as single mums and in broken families.

How do you break the cycle?

Lefty councillors cutting down the amount of Christmas tree pick up spots this year compared to last year. A clear subversive tactic to discourage people from buying Christmas trees in the ongoing lefty war against Christmas and yet these bloodsuckers are still happy to take their Christmas holidays - Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells.

The concept of being lucky enough to be born to well off parents is not hard to understand - its just an inconvenient truth to some.

It doesn't mean you need to feel guilty. I certainly don't. But I can acknowledge it how much it helped me i.e. good schooling, enabled me to take risks knowing i had a fall back etc. None of which I had any direct influence on myself.

How do you break the cycle?
My mum was raised by abusive, absentee parents, had to fend for herself, grew up without parents in Willagee, back when it was real a destitute suburb (100% public housing). She left Perth at 17, drove across the Nullabor by herself, and never looked back.

Her method for mothering was 'do the opposite' of her own mum. You can change your circumstances and those of your children if you care.

Last edited:
My mum was raised by abusive, absentee parents, had to fend for herself, grew up without parents in Willagee, back when it was real a destitute suburb (100% public housing). She left Perth at 17, drove across the Nullabor by herself, and never looked back.

Her method for mothering was 'do the opposite' of her own mum. You can change your circumstances and those of your children if you care.
What if your parents were Aboriginal?

Don't you believe that you are genetically superior to them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back