Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

So why has this violent, dangerous women, received a pass....while her likely victim (Johnny) was the one whose career was damaged?
Not sure which alias you are, but why do you lie? If his career was so damaged how did he make 5 movies last year and already in 2 this year?

Yes, the women usually gets benefit of the doubt in these scenarios due to statistics and it is absurd, but like with many things its all about trying to change a mindset. That needs to be done properly and not with people like yourself making lies and screaming.

Not sure which alias you are, but why do you lie? If his career was so damaged how did he make 5 movies last year and already in 2 this year?

Yes, the women usually gets benefit of the doubt in these scenarios due to statistics and it is absurd, but like with many things its all about trying to change a mindset. That needs to be done properly and not with people like yourself making lies and screaming.

No alias you clown.

He was fired from The Pirates franchise over this issue.

No alias you clown.

He was fired from The Pirates franchise over this issue.
More lies from the alias! He was released because he's old and they want to restart basically. Oh and save the $128m he took from the last film - massive budget saver given it's 10% of their take home from it.

Someone made a video of Nancy Pelosi that was slowed by 10% and made her sound even less coherent than usual, and it went a bit viral. Daily Beast tracked down the source of the video and doxxed a black Trump supporter, a semi-employed forklift driver who ran some conservative websites. As Jimmy Dore describes it, they basically digitally lynch this guy for having the wrong politics. In the end it turns out he didn't even make the video, he just shared it.

What is it with the obsessive defence of Islam by the Left...

It's a topical religion that their parents don't belong to, so it represents a fascinating 'other' for quite a few of them. Plus being interested in such religions could be a form of subconscious rebellion against their parents.

To a lesser extent (because it isn't as topical), Buddhism is the same.

Christianity/atheism/agnosticism, personal religious persuasions notwithstanding, lack the same appeal because they're too common around these parts.

It's a topical religion that their parents don't belong to, so it represents a fascinating 'other' for quite a few of them. Plus being interested in such religions could be a form of subconscious rebellion against their parents.

To a lesser extent (because it isn't as topical), Buddhism is the same.

Christianity/atheism/agnosticism, personal religious persuasions notwithstanding, lack the same appeal because they're too common around these parts.
it's probably because this 'otherness' (not to mention its tendency to be followed by lots of brown people) of Islam makes it a target for the hard right, which some on the left find terribly unfair as Christianity gets a free pass from the same types of medieval dogma and tradition that is so decried in Islam. I mean, if the likes of Pauline Hanson and the flag cape mob are the leading lights of theological debate in this country, then organised religion is in more trouble than I thought

it's probably because this 'otherness' (not to mention its tendency to be followed by lots of brown people) of Islam makes it a target for the hard right, which some on the left find terribly unfair as Christianity gets a free pass from the same types of medieval dogma and tradition that is so decried in Islam. I mean, if the likes of Pauline Hanson and the flag cape mob are the leading lights of theological debate in this country, then organised religion is in more trouble than I thought

Yes, the hard right attack Islam for racist/bigoted reasons. Yes, the left are correct to be upset about that.

I would argue though, that quite a few on the left go too far, namely by overlooking persecution of religious minorities within Islamic states - something which really goes against left-wing values. That's not really explainable by anything the hard right does or says about Islam.

Plus, while the hard right might not overtly attack Christians, they don't bother defending third-world Christians from persecution the way that the left does Muslims. They're simply too racist.

So what is your soloution? I see you have a fairly strong stance without offering any remedy. The more muslims we allow into Australia, the more bigoted backward points of view we allow in. How many practicing muslims do you personally know that are OK with things like gender equality, homosexuality, differing views on religion etc? I find it exteremely amusing that these leftist folks can’t stand conservatives, to the point where they constantly insult and degrade them as humans by referring to them as nazis or facists or racists etc but back Muslim immigration to the hilt. Muslims are generally worse on these points than the average conservative.
In regards to your last statement, maybe you should consider some facts about these things and not just what you view to be right via the leftist narrative.

So that’s the best response you can come up with? How about a reasoned response to anything I said.
The issue is that everyone is focusing on extreme factions from each party. Extreme right wing types are terrible terrible people. They’re bigoted, racist, aggressive and hateful. The extreme believers of Islam are just as bad. They’re willing to not deflect from the code of an anti western mentality. So there are some seriously dangerous types in every camp.

The issue with your post is that you’re generalising;
‘The more Muslims we let in the more bigoted backward views we let in’ - Ok, so you’re speaking on behalf of all Muslims? Just need to be careful here. Are they all backward and bigoted?

‘How many Muslims do you know they are ok with gender equality, homosexuality, differing views on religion’ - Ok and how many do you know that are fine with it? Because I completely disagree that all of them are against those things. I mean are all catholic priests rapists and abusers of children? Of course not.

Of course not all conservatives are nazi’s. That’s just stupid. Anyone that says all conservatives are nazi’s are just generalising. Just like not all lefties are SJW. My grandfather was as conservative as they got in some of his views (ex RAAF and Western District Farmer), but I tell you he sure as hell hated nazi’s.

What you need to consider if you want to make these comments is that you’re generalising. It’s a bad and loose tactic to use when arguing. The reason the lefties have a field day with right wingers is that the words ‘all’ and ‘they’ are used far too much in the language of a right wing commentator.

You only need to look at Fraser Anning blaming Islam as a religion for what happened at Christchurch in March. I mean, forget the perpetrator, the white right wing extremist who pulled the trigger, let’s blame the religion. Did the religion slaughter 50 people that day? These are the types that get served and served hard and rightly so.

If you’re going to generalise mate, your posts lose credibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is that everyone is focusing on extreme factions from each party. Extreme right wing types are terrible terrible people. They’re bigoted, racist, aggressive and hateful. The extreme believers of Islam are just as bad. They’re willing to not deflect from the code of an anti western mentality. So there are some seriously dangerous types in every camp.

The issue with your post is that you’re generalising;
‘The more Muslims we let in the more bigoted backward views we let in’ - Ok, so you’re speaking on behalf of all Muslims? Just need to be careful here. Are they all backward and bigoted?

‘How many Muslims do you know they are ok with gender equality, homosexuality, differing views on religion’ - Ok and how many do you know that are fine with it? Because I completely disagree that all of them are against those things. I mean are all catholic priests rapists and abusers of children? Of course not.

Of course not all conservatives are nazi’s. That’s just stupid. Anyone that says all conservatives are nazi’s are just generalising. Just like not all lefties are SJW. My grandfather was as conservative as they got in some of his views (ex RAAF and Western District Farmer), but I tell you he sure as hell hated nazi’s.

What you need to consider if you want to make these comments is that you’re generalising. It’s a bad and loose tactic to use when arguing. The reason the lefties have a field day with right wingers is that the words ‘all’ and ‘they’ are used far too much in the language of a right wing commentator.

You only need to look at Fraser Anning blaming Islam as a religion for what happened at Christchurch in March. I mean, forget the perpetrator, the white right wing extremist who pulled the trigger, let’s blame the religion. Did the religion slaughter 50 people that day? These are the types that get served and served hard and rightly so.

If you’re going to generalise mate, your posts lose credibility.
Is Pew a reputable research group?

Their study into Muslim attitudes shows vastly different followers of Islam depending on where they come from.

For example, Afghan and Palestinian Muslims believe at a rate of 90% (91 and 89 respectfully) that Sharia law should be the law of their nation compared to 29% in Lebanon. And we have a lot of well acclimated Lebanese Muslims here. That isn't a coincidence.

It's complicated, and very much depends on where someone comes from. Afghanistan also ranks very highly for percentage of Muslims who believe violence against civilians is justified by Islam.

So being a Muslim absolutely shouldn't discount someone from selection here, but their values based on where they have grown up should. As with anyone.

The last 4 terrorist attack's in Australia have all been from Muslim refugees
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...e/news-story/b0beefed69319fd5fa9175d205089d59

Have you had a look a the brutal horror that is occurring in these countries that thee US have put a ban on ? a large % of their population has a strong hatred for the west, we cant just keep on relying on the police and security officials to accurately screen them all.

Can you show me which part of the Australian constitution applies to potential immigrants? the Australian constitution is for Australian citizens

It also much deeper than terrorism some people just have a very hard time adapting to life in Australia which is evident by the fact that certain ethnic communities have a higher concentration of crime and welfare dependency than others. We also need to cut back on immigration levels full stop to relieve pressure on housing prices, infrastructure and increase wages.
Hahaha! Last 4 terrorist acts in Australia? What exact relevance does this have compared to the overall crime rate in the country? You’re simply identifying 4-5 incidents of extremism and isolating it as the only type of crime occurring.

In 2017-2018 71.25% of offenders were Australian. It’s also worth noting that domestic violence is one of our biggest causes of homicide. According to the website below, one woman is murdered per week by a partner or ex partner.

Do you realise how much of an issue this is? And that by looking at that website it will detail some serious issues re discrimination and crime related to discrimination?

But yeah, go ahead, focus on Andrew Bolts one eyed article. Because you know, it’s the worst thing happening in Australia right now. Wasn’t the Bourke street offender a Greek Australian? Gargasoulos?

Hahaha! Last 4 terrorist acts in Australia? What exact relevance does this have compared to the overall crime rate in the country? You’re simply identifying 4-5 incidents of extremism and isolating it as the only type of crime occurring.

In 2017-2018 71.25% of offenders were Australian. It’s also worth noting that domestic violence is one of our biggest causes of homicide. According to the website below, one woman is murdered per week by a partner or ex partner.

Do you realise how much of an issue this is? And that by looking at that website it will detail some serious issues re discrimination and crime related to discrimination?

But yeah, go ahead, focus on Andrew Bolts one eyed article. Because you know, it’s the worst thing happening in Australia right now. Wasn’t the Bourke street offender a Greek Australian? Gargasoulos?
You need to tell the whole story with that domestic violence. An indigenous woman is 3200% (no typo) more likely to be put in hospital.

The whole statistic changes when you look at Indigenous Australian Domestic Violence and The Rest Domestic violence.

It's a complicated issue that is hugely impacted by alcohol and substance abuse.

If there is money to be spent on it, it's going to have the best return directed at indigenous people.

You need to tell the whole story with that domestic violence. An indigenous woman is 3200% (no typo) more likely to be put in hospital.

The whole statistic changes when you look at Indigenous Australian Domestic Violence and The Rest Domestic violence.

It's a complicated issue that is hugely impacted by alcohol and substance abuse.

If there is money to be spent on it, it's going to have the best return directed at indigenous people.
Don’t disagree. And yes good point. But I think it’s fair to say that’s the biggest issue right now.

Don’t disagree. And yes good point. But I think it’s fair to say that’s the biggest issue right now.
We lose six men a day to suicide. It's the leading cause of death for males ages 15 to 40.

Australia loses eight people a day.

But again, Indigenous numbers are far worse. 1.8% of "the rest" Australians who died were from suicide but that same figure for indigenous Australians is more than one in twenty.

We lose six men a day to suicide. It's the leading cause of death for males ages 15 to 40.

Australia loses eight people a day.

But again, Indigenous numbers are far worse. 1.8% of "the rest" Australians who died were from suicide but that same figure for indigenous Australians is more than one in twenty.
Really think that’s where our energy needs to be focused though don’t you? As opposed to the hoopa loopa re some Muslims.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back