Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if you were a fan of coal fired power stations and reckoned that there should be heaps more built, but when it was suggested that they build one in the middle of the MCG you said no. What a hypocrite you'd be!

Great, so you are happy for native title to be applied to your property?

Haha. You two didn't read the article did you?

That's exactly what the lowest tier rate was... $15/hr.

But it's an annual salary based on a certain number of hours.
They are working up to 60 hours a week, making it closer to $13/hr. They are fairly arguing to increase the annual salary to reflect hours actually worked.
Hence I said you’d think he’d ensure every person is making at a minimum $15/hr. Too lazy to add “for every hour worked.”

Hence I said you’d think he’d ensure every person is making at a minimum $15/hr. Too lazy to add “for every hour worked.”
No you didn't. Why lie?

You’d think that minimum pay rate, given his rantings, would’ve been the minimum offered.
You didn't even read the article that you told others to go and read.

The above is what you claim you wanted to write...
The below is what you did write...

You’d think that minimum pay rate, given his rantings, would’ve been the minimum offered.

In the article you're talking about, it literally talks about how the offer was accepted because Bernie helped organise it that his campaign would be unionized.
And he was the first. Two others have followed suit so far.

It's being negotiated at the moment to increase the annual salary to adjust for the hours worked...

You should have just read the article, instead of being mislead by whatever site told you about it.

The above is what you claim you wanted to write...
The below is what you did write...

In the article you're talking about, it literally talks about how the offer was accepted because Bernie helped organise it that his campaign would be unionized.
And he was the first. Two others have followed suit so far.

It's being negotiated at the moment to increase the annual salary to adjust for the hours worked...

You should have just read the article, instead of being mislead by whatever site told you about it.
Oh FFS, it shouldn’t have been a salary. A time clock and punch in and out and pay them their $15/hr right from the start or enforce a restriction on hours to ensure that was the rate achieved. It really isn’t that difficult to understand.

Oh FFS, it shouldn’t have been a salary. A time clock and punch in and out and pay them their $15/hr right from the start or enforce a restriction on hours to ensure that was the rate achieved. It really isn’t that difficult to understand.
In the article you didn't read, it points out that its the same across all campaigns.

Only one campaign is in negotiations to raise it...

You'll have to explain your logic, I'm afraid.

If you want coal but not near you => hypocrite
If you want native title but not on your land => hypocrite

Its like all those people wanting heroin injecting rooms - just not near them
Windfarms - but not near them
Asylum seekers - but not near them, or attending their kids schools

Junkies>Meth heads. You can't trust them as far as you can throw them but the worst thing they'll do is drop a f** on your sofa when they nod out.

Right, but the point I was trying to make is that no one speaks in absolutes, there's caveats to everything. Seeing renewables as the way to go doesn't mean that you're happy for wind farms to planted just any old place without thought to the impact on the local environment. Some spots would be better than others. This isn't necessarily an example of nimbyness

In the article you didn't read, it points out that its the same across all campaigns.

Only one campaign is in negotiations to raise it...
Highlighting all Dem campaigns are screwing their workforce. Ok then

Also mentioned the head of Comrade Sanders’ campaign had A s**t offer rejected.

Again would’ve been easier to ensure $15/hr from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Junkies>Meth heads. You can't trust them as far as you can throw them but the worst thing they'll do is drop a f** on your sofa when they nod out.

My 13-year-old son goes to Richmond High – he will never forget this. He has to circle the facility on his walk to school. The heroin users are benign but all the ice users this facility has brought to the area are something else," he said.

"The area is a ghetto ... this used to be my neighbourhood ... f---ing hell."

"I can't walk down Victoria Street anymore," said another resident, Ann, who played videos to the crowd of frightening scenes where her elderly mother was confronted by addicts.

Wrong again.

Just read the article.

You've used all your shovels.

An adult would have just admitted to jumping the gun. But not you.
Shovels? Have Bernie’s campaign workers been earning $15/hr or not? They say ‘no’ and have rejected an offer made to them. The champion of worker’s rights shouldn’t be screwing with their wages and conditions.

Shovels? Have Bernie’s campaign workers been earning $15/hr or not? They say ‘no’ and have rejected an offer made to them. The champion of worker’s rights shouldn’t be screwing with their wages and conditions.
OK.

So...

Bernie helped to create the first unionised campaign organisers.
The union and Sanders campaign reached a collective bargaining agreement.

Some field organisers straight away felt they weren't earning enough, and were working more hours than covered.
They have used their union and their new workers rights (thanks to Bernie...) to push for an increase in wage and coverage.
Negotiations are ongoing.

So Bernie has set a new precedent for workers rights in campaigns... but because it isn't perfect yet, he is a hypocrite? That's your position?
I think the truth is that you didn't read the article, and you jumped the gun.

The union and the Sanders campaign reached a collective bargaining agreement that went into effect on May 2 and expires on March 31, 2021. The agreement established wage classifications for national and state staff, ranging from $15 an hour for interns and canvassers to $100,000 annual salaries for bargaining unit deputies.​
Field organizers were to be paid not by hours worked but via an annual salary set at $36,000.​
Shortly after, the Field organisers found they couldn't live on that salary, and with the actual hours they worked, they were on average making around $2 less per hour.​
On May 17, Shakir convened an all-staff meeting, during which he recommended raising the pay for field organizers to $42,000​
It was rejected by the union as they didn't believe it was good enough.​
The Union is asking for $46,800 for field organizers, and for the campaign to cover 100 percent of the health-care costs for employees making $60,000 per year or less. Under the current agreement, the campaign pays all premiums for salaried employees making $36,000 or less per year. Those making more are covered at a rate of 85 percent.​
It also requested that the campaign reimburse field staff for automobile transportation at $0.58 per mile.​

Of course it's baffling to you, you take things on face value and believe everything that Murdoch tells you. Bob Brown has his reasons for being against this specific project, but you don't care enough to find out what they are. It's easier to let someone else tell you what to think.
lol is that why individuals like you will believe whatever brown saysl
OK.

So...

Bernie helped to create the first unionised campaign organisers.
The union and Sanders campaign reached a collective bargaining agreement.

Some field organisers straight away felt they weren't earning enough, and were working more hours than covered.
They have used their union and their new workers rights (thanks to Bernie...) to push for an increase in wage and coverage.
Negotiations are ongoing.

So Bernie has set a new precedent for workers rights in campaigns... but because it isn't perfect yet, he is a hypocrite? That's your position?
I think the truth is that you didn't read the article, and you jumped the gun.

The union and the Sanders campaign reached a collective bargaining agreement that went into effect on May 2 and expires on March 31, 2021. The agreement established wage classifications for national and state staff, ranging from $15 an hour for interns and canvassers to $100,000 annual salaries for bargaining unit deputies.​
Field organizers were to be paid not by hours worked but via an annual salary set at $36,000.​
Shortly after, the Field organisers found they couldn't live on that salary, and with the actual hours they worked, they were on average making around $2 less per hour.​
On May 17, Shakir convened an all-staff meeting, during which he recommended raising the pay for field organizers to $42,000​
It was rejected by the union as they didn't believe it was good enough.​
The Union is asking for $46,800 for field organizers, and for the campaign to cover 100 percent of the health-care costs for employees making $60,000 per year or less. Under the current agreement, the campaign pays all premiums for salaried employees making $36,000 or less per year. Those making more are covered at a rate of 85 percent.​
if they make an unliveable salary and cant get sanders to pay the states minimum wage then he is being a hypocrote.

Last edited:
lol is that why individuals like you will believe whatever brown says

You yourself have basically admitted that you have no idea what Brown said, so where are you getting your ideas from? I'll ask again, why does Bob Brown oppose that specific wind farm? Prove to me that you do know what you're talking about.

You yourself have basically admitted that you have no idea what Brown said, so where are you getting your ideas from? I'll ask again, why does Bob Brown oppose that specific wind farm? Prove to me that you do know what you're talking about.
I have provided quotes to what Brown said earlier in the thread

I have provided quotes to what Brown said earlier in the thread
Well that's nice, it should be very easy for you tell me why Bob Brown wasn't happy with that particular wind farm.

Well that's nice, it should be very easy for you tell me why Bob Brown wasn't happy with that particular wind farm.
As has been said earlier in this thread as well Bob Brown's views on why he supposedly is unhappy with this windfarm have no relevance to the hypocritical comments he has made on Adani.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back