Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Take the l for what? Brown is a hypocrite and has been shown to be. It is not my fault you left leaning loonies can't bear for him tpo be perceived in that way.
No, you've just claimed he is without backing up your argument.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, you've just claimed he is without backing up your argument.
I did provide reasoning but here is another source for you
Former Greens leader and veteran activist Bob Brown is campaigning to stop a $1.6 billion wind farm development in Tasmania because it will spoil the view and kill birds.

Despite the criticisms levelled at former prime minister Tony Abbott and treasurer Joe Hockey for describing wind turbines as “ugly”, Dr Brown said the Robbins Island plan was, visually, a step too far. “Mariners will see this hairbrush of tall towers from 50km out to sea and elevated landlubbers will see it, like it or not, from greater distances on land,” Dr Brown said. “Its eye-catchiness will divert from every coastal scene on the western Bass Strait coastline.”

Dr Brown, who fought against Queensland’s Adani coal mine, said the world needed renewable energy to replace fossil fuels, and fast, but the Robbins Island wind farm “is an aileron too far”.

More examples of his hypocrisy apparently renewables are needed now for the assistance of the environment but not when they lead to a poor view.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

More examples of his hypocrisy apparently renewables are needed now for the assistance of the environment but not when they lead to a poor view.
Has Brown ever said that wind farms should be built everywhere, regardless of anything, and now started saying that they shouldn't be, because it effects him? Because that would be hypocritical.

Has Brown argued for a long time for the practical implementation of renewable energy to help conserve and protect the environment? Yes.
Is he now continuing to argue to protect and conserve the environment? Yes.
Where your 'hypocrisy' lies is you not understanding the situation, the logic behind renewables, and Bob Brown's actual position.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has Brown ever said that wind farms should be built everywhere, regardless of anything, and now started saying that they shouldn't be, because it effects him? Because that would be hypocritical.

Has Brown argued for a long time for the practical implementation of renewable energy to help conserve and protect the environment? Yes.
Is he now continuing to argue to protect and conserve the environment? Yes.
Where your 'hypocrisy' lies is you not understanding the situation, the logic behind renewables, and Bob Brown's actual position.

He doesn't need to. His comments are hypocritical considering the reasons he has stated for being against Adani which were posted in this thread. He never made such qualifications like those you and other lefties have tried to bring in when saying why Adani is wrong and should be stopped. What he has constantly said is Australia should be pushing renewables and trying to become a world leader in them and when they do what he wants he tries to shut it down too.

You cannot be against one power source and push for another because of its better environmental impacts and then reject your preferred source of power and support the status qup without being an utter hypocrite.

Okay, I'm satisfied that your understanding of the subject is quite limited, and hence you see hypocrisy where it doesn't exist. I did suspect that, but thanks for confirming it.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Okay, I'm satisfied that your understanding of the subject exists is quite limited, and hence you see hypocrisy where it doesn't exist. I did suspect that, but thanks for confirming it.
Hypocrisy does certainly exist just you loon lefties don't want to admit it.

He doesn't need to. His comments are hypocritical considering the reasons he has stated for being against Adani which were posted in this thread. He never made such qualifications like those you and other lefties have tried to bring in when saying why Adani is wrong and should be stopped. What he has constantly said is Australia should be pushing renewables and trying to become a world leader in them and when they do what he wants he tries to shut it down too.

You cannot be against one power source and push for another because of its better environmental impacts and then reject your preferred source of power and support the status qup without being an utter hypocrite.
Of course you can, like I said before just because you're a fan of coal fired power stations doesn't mean that you would be happy for one to built on the MCG merely because you never explicitly ruled it out

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Of course you can, like I said before just because you're a fan of coal fired power stations doesn't mean that you would be happy for one to built on the MCG merely because you never explicitly ruled it out
That's a strawman argument and no matter how many times you post it it will have no bearing on the fact that Brown is a hypocrite, especially when such qualifications like that were never made when making comments like those I have quoted in relation to Adani.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
You're even explaining it to yourself...

You just pointed out his reasoning for renewables...
And why he might oppose them in some cases...

"Better environmental impacts"...

How is everyone in this thread explaining it to you, including yourself... and you still don't understand?

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Greens: we need clean energy asap or the world is doomed!

- Okay, how about the cleanest source of all, nuclear?

The Greens: yeah nah

- Okay, how about this wind farm in an area of ideal wind resources?

The Greens: yeah nah

images.jpeg-103.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You're even explaining it to yourself...

You just pointed out his reasoning for renewables...
And why he might oppose them in some cases...

"Better environmental impacts"...

How is everyone in this thread explaining it to you, including yourself... and you still don't understand?
LOL and there is the point going right over your

Brown pushed for renewables in relation to Adani for its better environmental impacts and never made any qualifications in doing so like you are attempting to claim. This has been quoted. But then when he is given his preferred power source which he has stated has better environmental impacts and that he is wanting to be implemented as his preferred source instead of coal like the Robbins program is, he is then complaining about its environmental impacts. This is despite him steadfastly stating when discussing the Adani project renewables are the way to go no if or but.

That is the hypocrisy. Brown says he supports and desires renewables over coal undisputedly when discussing it in relation to Adani and yet all of a sudden when he gets given renewable energy he then complains about its environmental impacts. You cannot make this s**t up.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
That is the hypocrisy. Brown says he supports and desires renewables over coal undisputedly when discussing it in relation to Adani and yet all of a sudden when he gets given renewable energy he then complains about its environmental impacts. You cannot make this s**t up.
Exactly.
So if he was now arguing for coal over renewables... he'd be a hypocrite...
But he isn't. He is still arguing for renewables over coal. He is still arguing to protect and conserve the environment...

Once again you're explaining it to yourself

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Exactly.
So if he was now arguing for coal over renewables... he'd be a hypocrite...
But he isn't. He is still arguing for renewables over coal. He is still arguing to protect and conserve the environment...

Once again you're explaining it to yourself
Don't bother, he's wrong, he knows he's wrong, Blind Timmy can see he's wrong, he's just being wilfully obtuse.
As is his wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back