Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly.
So if he was now arguing for coal over renewables... he'd be a hypocrite...
But he isn't. He is still arguing for renewables over coal. He is still arguing to protect and conserve the environment...

Once again you're explaining it to yourself
No.

Brown said

This is not some sort of doom and gloom. The reef is half dead. And a major factor in that is the burning of coal."
Mr Brown said many Australians understood the inherent harm in allowing an overseas company to dig up Australian coal and sell it overseas, especially when Australia could be a world leader in renewable energy.

Brown did not qualify these comments in any manner like you claim. He stated that he wanted coal to be stopped burning and Australia to be a world leader in renewables and the Robbins project would have helped deliver both these outcomes to him. Yet amazingly as soon as Robbins is proceeding Brown doesn't stand by these previously stated values when commenting on Adani and also power in aus for irrelevant reasons like turbines will look bad. This means he is allowing the status quo to continue of more coal being burnt for electric sources in Australia. Hence he has directly contradicted his stated beliefs as shown in the quote above and therefore he is being a total hypocrite.

Last edited:
No.

Brown said

Brown did not qualify these comments in any manner like you claim. He stated that he wanted coal to be stopped burning and Australia to be a world leader in renewables and the Robbins project would have delivered both these outcomes to him. Yet amazingly as soon as Robbins is proceeding Brown doesn't stand by these previously stated values when commenting on Adani and also power in aus for irrelevant reasons like turbines will look bad. This means he is allowing the status quo to continue of more coal being burnt for electric sources in Australia. Hence he has directly contradicted his stated beliefs as shown in the quote above and therefore he is being a total hypocrite.
What???

Really? Then we should be doing it!

The Robbins project would erase Australia's need for coal use and mining?
In that case he is a hypocrite!!

I don't agree with many of his reasons for stopping this project, and I don't agree with all his reasons for stopping Adani. But he isn't being hypocritical.

Do you disagree with anything he has to say about the Robbins project?
If so, what do you disagree with?

The greens might be an eccentric lot but it is undeniable that their policies have had a positive impact. Brown is not a hypocrite for being against one wind farm project. There is a broader environmental contemplation for whether or not turbines should be positioned in a particular location.

My 13-year-old son goes to Richmond High – he will never forget this. He has to circle the facility on his walk to school. The heroin users are benign but all the ice users this facility has brought to the area are something else," he said.

"The area is a ghetto ... this used to be my neighbourhood ... f---ing hell."

"I can't walk down Victoria Street anymore," said another resident, Ann, who played videos to the crowd of frightening scenes where her elderly mother was confronted by addicts.
If changes are required then changes are required.

The pharmacy across from my son's school trialled dispensing methodone to addicts.

Across the road from a primary school. The school principal (since moved on) didn't want to get involved so parents had to get it stopped.

Per Father Jack, you can agree that a particular thing needs to be done, while disagreeing with how it is being done. Just chucking all this in the too hard basket is not acceptable.

If changes are required then changes are required.

The pharmacy across from my son's school trialled dispensing methodone to addicts.

Across the road from a primary school. The school principal (since moved on) didn't want to get involved so parents had to get it stopped.

Per Father Jack, you can agree that a particular thing needs to be done, while disagreeing with how it is being done. Just chucking all this in the too hard basket is not acceptable.
Do you think addicts touch or bash kids or something? Is it better for your kids to watch them dying in a gutter or stealing your phone in the kitchen.

Do you think addicts touch or bash kids or something? Is it better for your kids to watch them dying in a gutter or stealing your phone in the kitchen.

Watching them dying in a gutter provides a pretty big life lesson for when they are offered drugs later in life.
Also lessens the strain on the public purse.

Watching them dying in a gutter provides a pretty big life lesson for when they are offered drugs later in life.
Also lessens the strain on the public purse.
Same reason that Labor should oppose giving you meatheads on the land more money. Teaches you a lesson, stop voting for a Party that will make your problems worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So “Feel the Bern” decided to cap the number of hours his staff worked in order to ensure $15/hr is paid. Interesting choice as opposed to just paying them the $15/hr for all hours worked.

So “Feel the Bern” decided to cap the number of hours his staff worked in order to ensure $15/hr is paid. Interesting choice as opposed to just paying them the $15/hr for all hours worked.

He obviously would do that if he could. This is the opposite of hypocrisy, because he's making a personal sacrifice to be consistent with what he's preaching.

He obviously would do that if he could. This is the opposite of hypocrisy, because he's making a personal sacrifice to be consistent with what he's preaching.
Yes, this was more a follow up on the earlier posts.

Still his choice to cap productivity seems odd when the end date doesn’t shift out.

Hey man good on you for admitting you hadnt comprehended why he made that choice. The usual suspects would have started posting irrelevant diagrams and spreadsheets.
So you’re telling me he didn’t choose capping productivity. Limiting the hours of the staff can only do one thing, reduce their collective output.

So you’re telling me he didn’t choose capping productivity. Limiting the hours of the staff can only do one thing, reduce their collective output.

Right, he's sacrificing productivity so he can pay his staff a decent wage. I don't think he needed to do this, but he's done it anyway and you still have a problem with it? I'm not sure what the point is here.

Right, he's sacrificing productivity so he can pay his staff a decent wage. I don't think he needed to do this, but he's done it anyway and you still have a problem with it? I'm not sure what the point is here.
As mentioned in my last reply to you it was more a follow up to previous posts. Interesting, from a Project Mgt perspective, that they’ve decided to limit the labour input. Surely you’d want every person putting as much in as you can and, obviously, they’d be paid for it.

As mentioned in my last reply to you it was more a follow up to previous posts. Interesting, from a Project Mgt perspective, that they’ve decided to limit the labour input. Surely you’d want every person putting as much in as you can and, obviously, they’d be paid for it.

Ohhhh your a project manager.... The social and reasoning parts of your brain arent working to well, but I now understand why you could boil down this entire exchange to a purely capital manager/worker exchange.

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Anyone with project/finance/HR in their title or education do not listen to a single thing they have to say. All three of those industries are dying for a reason, they know nothing about anything. If you can use a calculator, excel and a telephone your good to go for all three, I made the Project manager position at our firm obsolete in 3 weeks with an architecture degree, my two coworkers and i could actually generate industry specific commodity through our own labour, we monitored and managed our own schedules which made us feel empowered and increased our productivity while saving money on some ******* project managers wages.

These non-producer hall monitor roles that were invented by unimaginative shortsighted bosses to squeeze their workforce are part of the reason so many workers feel disillusioned and marginalized by the enterprises they work for. They are purely the bureaucracy of the private sector, the rich mans centrelink worker.

Ohhhh your a project manager.... The social and reasoning parts of your brain arent working to well, but I now understand why you could boil down this entire exchange to a purely capital manager/worker exchange.

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Anyone with project/finance/HR in their title or education do not listen to a single thing they have to say. All three of those industries are dying for a reason, they know nothing about anything. If you can use a calculator, excel and a telephone your good to go for all three, I made the Project manager position at our firm obsolete in 3 weeks with an architecture degree, my two coworkers and i could actually generate industry specific commodity through our own labour, we monitored and managed our own schedules which made us feel empowered and increased our productivity while saving money on some ******* project managers wages.

These non-producer hall monitor roles that were invented by unimaginative shortsighted bosses to squeeze their workforce are part of the reason so many workers feel disillusioned and marginalized by the enterprises they work for. They are purely the bureaucracy of the private sector, the rich mans centrelink worker.
There will always be needs for HR and finance.

“You’re,” and no i’m not.

Just interests me that with a fixed end date they’d head down the path of restricting hours rather than reward the extra effort.

Oh and nice diatribe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back