Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The people who don't think everything should be looked at through the prism of race are the racists now?
And yet the voter suppression tactics are actually racist.

The only thing the instigators of these tactics DON'T want people to do is think they are being racist. They are. Without doubt and on any objective measure.

More illegals in the nation

Black and poor people aren't "illegals" by default.

The only thing the instigators of these tactics DON'T want people to do is think they are being racist. They are. Without doubt and on any objective measure.

Can you explain how Chief? That's a big claim.

You should look into the survey of under 1000 people conducted in 2006 that asked people if they had a current valid state ID that showed 25% of African Americans didn't. This is where the stat being used comes from and they won't detail their data either. Or conduct a more up to date survey...

Current stats from Georgia show 97% of eligible voters already have ID and the rest only need a social security number or utility bill showing their name and address, or their welfare cheque.

African Americans are citizens by default, they are issued a social security number at birth aren't they? They aren't illegal.

The people who aren't citizens and voting in the election are, and if the system allows for it then it's broken. I'm sure that when the swell of Latin votes for the republicans gets just a touch larger the Democrats will have a 180 pivot on the issue.

Can you explain how Chief? That's a big claim.
Read up on it yourself, but try this:

They didn't like the fact that local officials wouldn't be cowed by pressure from everyone above them. The Republicans didn't like that some people above them actually protected local officials.

New law: Change the body that has the power to replace them.

Even long lines and limiting early voting and so on didn't dissuade voters. Reducing voting options in poor and black areas, mainly inner-city and highly populated places - still didn't stop the GOP loss. Urban centres voted for Democrats.

New law: Make it less convenient and more uncomfortable to vote. Ban distribution of food and water to people in hours-long lines.

Casting a physical ballot early or by mail made it easier for poor and black people to vote.

New law: Make it harder to cast a physical ballot. Make absentee voting harder. Make out-of-district voting harder.

Add this to gerrymandering:

It's not at all controversial that around the world these types of tactics are used to suppress votes. From what I've read, Georgia is no different and getting worse.

Read up on it yourself, but try this:

They didn't like the fact that local officials wouldn't be cowed by pressure from everyone above them. The Republicans didn't like that some people above them actually protected local officials.

New law: Change the body that has the power to replace them.

Even long lines and limiting early voting and so on didn't dissuade voters. Reducing voting options in poor and black areas, mainly inner-city and highly populated places - still didn't stop the GOP loss. Urban centres voted for Democrats.

New law: Make it less convenient and more uncomfortable to vote. Ban distribution of food and water to people in hours-long lines.

Casting a physical ballot early or by mail made it easier for poor and black people to vote.

New law: Make it harder to cast a physical ballot. Make absentee voting harder. Make out-of-district voting harder.

Add this to gerrymandering:

It's not at all controversial that around the world these types of tactics are used to suppress votes. From what I've read, Georgia is no different and getting worse.
Thank you for the info- but werent they discussing the Voter ID laws specifically?
What about them is racist. Taylor has just discussed how african americans for example gain a social security at birth as all legal citizens do.

Thank you for the info- but werent they discussing the Voter ID laws specifically?
What about them is racist. Taylor has just discussed how african americans for example gain a social security at birth as all legal citizens do.
The snark was:

"Major League Baseball moved its All Star game out of Georgia due to their new laws requiring ID to be able to vote to.........."

But:

Major League Baseball has moved this year's All-Star Game out of Atlanta following controversy generated by Georgia's restrictive new voting law.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

If the MLB have put out a statement saying that it is ENTIRELY about whether or not voter ID laws are in place at all, that's fine. But they seem to be saying it's the entirety of the new law. Not just the very existence of any form of voter ID alone.

Hence my reply to quotemokc and his claim that the MLB move is an example of "hypocrisy of the left".

Why? Because they don't want people campaigning to voters at the ballot.
Which is already banned, isn't it?

It's a cover story for voter suppression.

Retreating already?

It's well documented by trustworthy sources and it's plainly obvious that all of this is a massive tanty over losing.
Not at all - Voter Id seems like a perfectly reasonable thing that legal citizens of any race can provide to vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and the point quotemokc tried to make was that the MLB move was solely about the existence of voter ID.

I have shown it was not.

You keep trying to circle back and repeat that claim as if there is no evidence to the contrary.

It's right there in the statement from the MLB.

You can carry on looking like an idiot in here, but unless you can find proof to back up the claim, I'm not going to respond.

You are wrong. You have been proven wrong. Accept it like an adult.

... and the point quotemokc tried to make was that the MLB move was solely about the existence of voter ID.

I have shown it was not.

You keep trying to circle back and repeat that claim as if there is no evidence to the contrary.

It's right there in the statement from the MLB.

You can carry on looking like an idiot in here, but unless you can find proof to back up the claim, I'm not going to respond.

You are wrong. You have been proven wrong. Accept it like an adult.
Youve misconstrued what i was asking. Have a good day.

Which is already banned, isn't it?

It's a cover story for voter suppression.
Not when it's under the guise of handing out things to people waiting in line and oh, yes that's my face on the campaign material, yes I am a nice person.

Law has to be easily enforceable to function, so making it clear that you can't be there doing anything that can influence voters makes it simple, because politicians especially are smart and sneaky and look for loopholes.

If you strip politics back to first principles and look at it in terms of purely gaining power why would the Republicans not want to make it more difficult for people who don't traditionally vote for them to vote? There seems to be a willing naivety from those who don't want to see this policy as racist.

Is the opposite of that being the Republicans don't want people who aren't entitled to vote voting Democrat?

As I said earlier, watch for the Democrats pivoting on this issue when they figure out that the Latin vote is actually trending republican and needs to be looked into. Just like international interference and election integrity was a big deal in 2016 when they lost but not an issue at all in 2020.

Not when it's under the guise of handing out things to people waiting in line and oh, yes that's my face on the campaign material, yes I am a nice person.
This is just the party line. The innocent act.

Then stop candidates from doing it. Stop any articles from being branded with political messages. Whatever.

The occasional muttered "Vote for Bobby McBobson" is no match for massive gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Law has to be easily enforceable to function, so making it clear that you can't be there doing anything that can influence voters makes it simple, because politicians especially are smart and sneaky and look for loopholes.
It's easier when all the loopholes are in your favour and you have people believing your voter suppression law is about stopping almost non-existent voter fraud.

This is just the party line. The innocent act.

Then stop candidates from doing it. Stop any articles from being branded with political messages. Whatever.

The occasional muttered "Vote for Bobby McBobson" is no match for massive gerrymandering and voter suppression.

It's easier when all the loopholes are in your favour and you have people believing your voter suppression law is about stopping almost non-existent voter fraud.

Closing doors for candidates is what stops them from doing it.

Again, over 2000 votes had to be thrown out because the signatures on file didn't match and then when the electoral officers followed up with these people, as required by law, they couldn't find them at their address because they didn't live there. They want those votes to count. Again, races were so close in some areas that it was less than 200 votes.

It's in the national interest for people to have to prove their eligibility to vote to be able to vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back