Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Oh yay, that's fine then. Just common sense from the GOP, play on :rolleyes:

Get real Tayls. A more obvious example of a solution search of a problem you'd go a long way to see.
I know you're not this dumb, but you do an admirable impression.

FireKrakouer will be along shortly so you can hold his beer while he regales us with tales of gold-flaked water being given as voting enticements :tearsofjoy:

People finding ways to cheat the system to campaign to people waiting at the ballot box so they close the loophole.

When you're being worked up into defending that for them, as with requiring people to prove their eligibility to vote being a bad thing - maybe they really are trying to pull one over on you the whole time and they know their racket is broken.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
People finding ways to cheat the system to campaign to people waiting at the ballot box so they close the loophole.

When you're being worked up into defending that for them, as with requiring people to prove their eligibility to vote being a bad thing - maybe they really are trying to pull one over on you the whole time and they know their racket is broken.

Wow, sounds serious. I assume there are hundreds of easily verifiable examples of these small armies of bad faith political operators working the lines on election day, such is the obvious need to introduce this legislation? And many reports of stories from people in line who would otherwise have voted GOP had their vote not been deviously swayed to democrat upon provision of a bottle of water and a mars bar? :tearsofjoy:

Wow, sounds serious. I assume there are hundreds of easily verifiable examples of these small armies of bad faith political operators working the lines on election day, such is the obvious need to introduce this legislation? And many reports of stories from people in line who would otherwise have voted GOP had their vote not been deviously swayed to democrat upon provision of a bottle of water and a mars bar? :tearsofjoy:
Take a look into the NRA electioneering allegations during the 2020 election.

You don't want anyone promoting causes at the ballot box.

Take a look into the NRA electioneering allegations during the 2020 election.

You don't want anyone promoting causes at the ballot box.
I googled but I didn’t find anything about them getting at people in election queues. Got anything on it?

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Hmm, can't see any stories there about people being swayed with bottles of water. Actually, I can't see any stories there about people being campaigned to at all - rather, just straight up intimidation.

On the evidence you've provided here, seems like the oh so concerned GOP should maybe have instituted legislation to stop people carrying firearms within a certain distance of polling places and lines, just as one example.

But nah, forget the yelling flag toting MAGA enthusiasts and gravy seals. Those people giving out water are the real threat to democracy and voting integrity, gotta stamp that s**t right out :tearsofjoy:

Hmm, can't see any stories there about people being swayed with bottles of water. Actually, I can't see any stories there about people being campaigned to at all - rather, just straight up intimidation.

On the evidence you've provided here, seems like the oh so concerned GOP should maybe have instituted legislation to stop people carrying firearms within a certain distance of polling places and lines, just as one example.

But nah, forget the yelling flag toting MAGA enthusiasts and gravy seals. Those people giving out water are the real threat to democracy and voting integrity, gotta stamp that sh*t right out :tearsofjoy:
You've latched onto bottled water because the people that drive your narrative made it about water so the actual issue of electioneering at the ballot box isn't discussed.

Now I recall I saw some of the stuff where they were outside the election zone being intimidating. I don't recall it being the NRA though.

Have they found a connection?
They engaged a company to organise an effort for electioneering, I can't recall the name but it's something like Super Progress or Access America or something similar.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You've latched onto bottled water because the people that drive your narrative made it about water so the actual issue of electioneering at the ballot box isn't discussed.

No Tayls. Its a specific language in the law - "including, but not limited to, food and drink".

Besides that, you still haven't provided any examples of "electioneering", merely intimidation.

Methinks you might be the one swallowing the narrative. Your thoughts on gravy seals strutting around near polling places with camo gear and firearms, for example? Seems like a no-brainer that that should have been banned, along with those "electioneering" gifts of course, which polling places around the country are clearly awash in, trust us.

Last edited:
They engaged a company to organise an effort for electioneering, I can't recall the name but it's something like Super Progress or Access America or something similar.
In which case this should be illegal. Intimidation of voters at polling booths.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know you're not this dumb, but you do an admirable impression.

FireKrakouer will be along shortly so you can hold his beer while he regales us with tales of gold-flaked water being given as voting enticements :tearsofjoy:
Have a non biased authority give out water and snacks. Another problem solved my me, your favourite poster (I hope!), FK.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Check out Project Veritas son.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Republicans will always make it harder for people to vote. Not only with voting restriction laws in regards to id. But reducing the number of polling stations in certain areas as well as campaigning against making Election Day a day off, etc.

They will continue to do this as long as they believe it will help them win. Calling this out isn’t hypocrisy or a “conspiracy theory.”

It’s not really a conspiracy theory if it’s happening in broad daylight. A bit like Nestle being a s**t company, they don’t hide it.

This whole thread seems to be the “right”getting pissed of when the “left” calls them out for doing blatantly shitty things in wide view of everyone.

In which case this should be illegal. Intimidation of voters at polling booths.
It really should be. Political interest groups shouldn't be able to campaign at the ballot box.

It's just a shame I have to use examples of right wing groups doing it for the discussion to be taken seriously.

Just like if I bring up Pelosi buying heaps of microsoft shares in mid March right before the US government signed a 22 billion dollar deal with Microsoft, or the same with Tesla. I have to mention Perdue and that other Georgian senator who abused their position to profit.

These are the people who decide if doing that is illegal.

When people talk about the swamp, this is what they are referring to.

Once upon a time I could have safely assumed that this response is an attempted joke and that you hadn't actually completely missed the point being made.

However, in today's day and age, I can never be sure...

This point

the law - "including, but not limited to, food and drink".

I have zero interest in the U.S. voting system, but am I really reading here that to impose an onus on voters to prove they are eligible to vote, it is being considered by some as a form of racism?

😮😮😮
It's not just about voter ID. Have a read.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Thank you for the info- but werent they discussing the Voter ID laws specifically?
What about them is racist. Taylor has just discussed how african americans for example gain a social security at birth as all legal citizens do.
It's not just racist. Its aimed at a number of groups who traditionally vote Democrat.

Why is it? Because AA are more likely to be homeless, and not have that information/ID available. Because AA are more likely to come from broken homes where records of the SS number provided at birth isn't retained. Because students and non-working spouses are less likely to have that information to hand.

Which is all designed to make some people not able to vote, and others have to put in effort. When it is well known increasing the barriers (i.e. effort) to voting disincentives people to vote.

Not when it's under the guise of handing out things to people waiting in line and oh, yes that's my face on the campaign material, yes I am a nice person.

Law has to be easily enforceable to function, so making it clear that you can't be there doing anything that can influence voters makes it simple, because politicians especially are smart and sneaky and look for loopholes.
Its charities providing this, not the officials. Campaigning at the line is illegal, remember?

I do find it very funny the suggestion polling people will do it. The reason this is critical is because the lines are already hours long. So you want to strip people from doing the polling and getting people through to provide water, which will slow down the rate the work can be done, which will increase wait times. Nothing disingenuous about that.....

This comes from a standard Republican playbook:
  • Make it harder to vote before the election.
  • Disallow people from voting anywhere but their own district.
  • Strip away voting booths in high Democrat areas, especially minority areas.
  • Reduce resources so wait times balloon out.
  • Create disincentives to stay in line such as restricting the delivery of water/food.
  • Fight any move to have voting be a public holiday or on a weekend.
All in the knowledge that your opposition's main constituents have less capacity to take time off work, less capacity to get to a polling booth, and less likely to have an ID.

Except that is already illegal.
We've latched onto bottled water because that is one of the things the law specifically targets, and is a disincentive to stay in line when you're thirsty and hungry.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It really should be. Political interest groups shouldn't be able to campaign at the ballot box.

It's just a shame I have to use examples of right wing groups doing it for the discussion to be taken seriously.

lol

Rest assured Tayls, I'm not taking you seriously. Certianly not on the basis of a link that outlines intimidation rather than the political gift giving and electioneering you're pretending is an issue in the first place.

Back