Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone noticed every working class conservative voter also believes everyone and the world is out to get them?

It's like society in their world is one giant conspiracy. Every single conservative nutter I've met has been some intense paranoid flog. Not one has believed the authorities are genuine eg. Government = Illuminati/ISIS, EPA/climate change = scam, Paying tax = waste, OHS/OSHA = Pirates, Health effects of smoking = myth, Science = Unproven, technology = Scary.

There's a systematic pattern where they need to make up their own world as though reality is too emotionally overwhelming for them. I don't think they can all be that dumb, surely they can understand and comprehend scientific explanations. I think they get scared if they understand the scientific explanation, they can't help but see how it inarguably destroys their religious views that are a fundamental glue and fabric to their being. Many are born and raised to believe in some mythical being, a 6000 year old earth, magic, resurrection, afterlife etc. Those especially age 40+ will deny science and send the world backwards. Even if they know deep down science is right and they are wrong, they just can't face seeing for themselves that they're wrong. Hence will la la la and not even be remotely interested in being objective.

It makes no sense how a Young earth creationist would not be interested in looking up how the 4 independant methods of dating work. If someone tells me Malvern is better than Broadmeadows, I don't cower under a rock and call it "crap" and a conspiracy by the Chinese to deflate broadmeadows median house values. I feel my beliefs are challenged and need to verify the truth for myself. They're pathetic needy people that need a fantasy after believing in it for so long even if it keeps society technologically behind. The only reason someone who's believed in a 6000yr old Earth for their entire existence would not be curious towards groundbreaking technology that challenges their views is because they're insecure about them in the first place.
is it similar to these so called educated college students who disagree with the science of sex and gender?

We need more Arts courses delving in to these issues. The future of humanity and our place as an international light on the hill depend on it.
When finishing my bach of archaeology, I did a gender elective.

There was one cringey as * dude that would preface everything with 'I'm speaking from a position of privilege as a white cis male'. He had this awful haircut where it looked like he'd hacked at his hair when ****ed on acid, and had no personal hygiene.

Another time, I had the class shouting me down as a racist when I debated against 18c.

Or, I got yelled at by a girl from some country because I made a joke that at least I'd get more study done if I was in a country with no personal freedom.

Gender subjects are definitely different.

We need more Arts courses delving in to these issues. The future of humanity and our place as an international light on the hill depend on it.

I agree - identity politics has been such a successful strategy for the left! My son dumped his girlfriend because she was always dropping the "hetro-normative discourse" - that said its just common sense to recognise that the content of male or female gender has not been immutable over time - beyond that I can't see the point

I agree - identity politics has been such a successful strategy for the left!

It must be so frustrating for the few normal labour mp's who know that in the real world most people absolutely despise that nonsense.

Constantly selecting candidates who finish uni and then get jobs as staffers is such a great way to keep one's fingers on the pulse.

I'm so glad our sole purpose in life is to cater to indians and their coal interests.

How do we as nation even allow them to come and pillage our resources ******* up our pristine land in the process.

A lovely display of racism and discrimination

So the Trumpster has once more done a 180 degree turn, by agreeing to arm the biggest Terrorist State in the Middle East to the teeth.

How do the conservative Righties square off with this one?
Trump not living up to your pro Middle East ideals like you thought he would. Should have listened.

So the Trumpster has once more done a 180 degree turn, by agreeing to arm the biggest Terrorist State in the Middle East to the teeth.

How do the conservative Righties square off with this one?

What's interesting is, is protectionism, govt contracts and jobs at home a left or right ideal? Sounds very left to me

Which means this weapons deal is a left concept

So the destruction of the Humanities departments in so many Universities, has nothing to do with Western governments no longer wanting educated critics of their policies then?o_O

IB-LQaX7xCsxXgDxUQxwHP9aTc-yDbl3-fslupQFlNw.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wondrous retort
Not a retort, just a ridiculous post all around. A very large portion of population in USSR lived in extreme poverty in USSR, even Russia now. Go outside of big cities and see the real stuff. Back in the 80s of you are trying to fly into USSR they wont even allow you to visit areas outside of Moscow, if you need to go, there will be a guide appointed so that you cannot go in areas they dont want you to go. Look up on poverty numbers in USSR , there are plenty of links online, i know plenty of Russian people living in Eastern Europe those who fled the USSR.

Not a retort, just a ridiculous post all around. A very large portion of population in USSR lived in extreme poverty in USSR, even Russia now. Go outside of big cities and see the real stuff. Back in the 80s of you are trying to fly into USSR they wont even allow you to visit areas outside of Moscow, if you need to go, there will be a guide appointed so that you cannot go in areas they dont want you to go. Look up on poverty numbers in USSR , there are plenty of links online, i know plenty of Russian people living in Eastern Europe those who fled the USSR.

maybe read the picture again

As expected, given Port's shellacking by the umps last week.
LOL you are leading the free kick count. Got 2 goals gifted to you. even if i take 5 goals off it, you got absolutely pantsed regardless, we have 25 scoring shots to your 7... lucky we decided to hand over the lube :D well enjoy your years down the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back