Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

And they were political masters way back, they played the poms and the other arab allies like fiddles during and after WW1 and in the post-Ottoman settlement.
No doubt about that, but my point was different. Wahaabism got nothing to do with the CIA or USA. Yes indeed they have put gasoline on fire, but wahabbism was on the rise in Saudi Arabia long time before any Western Intervention anyway. The west did help export it to the Pashtos though.

No doubt about that, but my point was different. Wahaabism got nothing to do with the CIA or USA. Yes indeed they have put gasoline on fire, but wahabbism was on the rise in Saudi Arabia long time before any Western Intervention anyway. The west did help export it to the Pashtos though.

Yes, I understood that truth.
My point was that they have never been anyone's political puppets, either.

What if you've got it wrong? What if it's you who is deluded, have you considered the possibility? Perhaps you've incorrectly assumed that others know less than you do, they may actually know more.

There's plenty of people who know more about geo-politics than I do......But you aint one of em.

Yes, I understood that truth.
My point was that they have never been anyone's political puppets, either.
Which non powerhouse country isn't a political puppet though. Isn't Australia? even India is confronting China and i fear that they are listening to the CIA too much. Outside of Russia/China and maybe a few other nations you will find everyone is a political puppet.

Middleeast has been a landmine for the past several centuries, US are not the only one to start conflicts in the middle east. I blame the geographical position and specially now the oil.

Which non powerhouse country isn't a political puppet though. Isn't Australia? even India is confronting China and i fear that they are listening to the CIA too much. Outside of Russia/China and maybe a few other nations you will find everyone is a political puppet.

Middleeast has been a landmine for the past several centuries, US are not the only one to start conflicts in the middle east. I blame the geographical position and specially now the oil.

But the Saudis control their oil, they bought out the remaining American interests back in the 1980s.

Most of the conflicts in the ME (and the Balkans and Nth Africa) are part of the ongoing Wars of the Ottoman Succession, deciding who gets what pieces; the conflicts are, of course, exacerbated in the ME by the fact that oil makes some parts particularly valuable, but the Saudis have not faced any serious internal or external threats since before WW2.

The Saudis' sole driving force is to protect their own monarchical dictatorship. This means co-operation with other powers from time to time when necessary, but their wealth facilitates a very high military expenditure, and this means they are not really permanently beholden to any other country's interests. Probably only Israel is in as strong a position of economic independence, but it faces greater military threats and is in more need of both long-term and short-term alliances, and duplicitous diplomacy (fomenting instability in surrounding countries, etc).

The Saudis' sole driving force is to protect their own monarchical dictatorship. This means co-operation with other powers from time to time when necessary, but their wealth facilitates a very high military expenditure, and this means they are not really permanently beholden to any other country's interests. Probably only Israel is in as strong a position of economic independence, but it faces greater military threats and is in more need of both long-term and short-term alliances, and duplicitous diplomacy (fomenting instability in surrounding countries, etc).
But this was no different to Iraq for example. If Saudis dont realise that things can turn anytime then they are fools. Same with most autocracy, they are just puppets working for someone else. Even before the Ottomans the middle east had several conflicts (Byzantine empire), thats because it connects Asia with Europe, the strategic position cannot be ignored. I agree now its all about oil, but Saudis will run out of oil in about 15 years and that's why they are desperately trying to diversify into other sectors right now. Its the end game right now.

But this was no different from Iraq for example. If Saudis dont realise that things can turn anytime then they are fools.

They do know it and they're on record. If I can dig this article out, buried somewhere I'll post.

I agree now its all about oil, but Saudis will run of oil in about 15 years and that's why they are desperately trying to diversify into other sectors right now. Its the end game right now.

That's it, thank you (Iran has been marking time). I don't think anybody could have said it any better.

The mud sticks imo, Shorten has used envy politics in the past when referring to Malcolm Turnbull.

However the Liberals played the same game with John Howard, in reverse, by portraying him as someone who lived simply as opposed to Kevin Rudd and his millionaire wife. Back then Leftists were defending Rudd and his millions, now they're throwing stones at the Libs.

It's an old game.

Missing the point. You're focusing on personality politics when the issue at hand is the is effecting regular people and broader taxation reform. When wage growth has been stagnant for so long it's not a stretch to suggest the system is stacked to benefit the privileged few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently watching a bunch of numpties on Sky News having a go at Bill Shorten for saying that inequality is a problem. They accuse him of being populist and exploiting the politics of envy.

Well when people are not getting any payrises and yet the boss has leased a new Merc, and the power companies are putting a 41% markup on a basic neccessity, envy does come into the picture. When a small elite is continually getting a larger and larger slice of the pie, it makes you question whether this country is going in a good direction.

Conservatives get so defensive whenever someone points out the global and relentless rise in inequality.

And yet the left resist changes that create equality. Madness!

One just has a bigger bulk of mindless drivel than the other.

qsguily.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back