Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not in everyone's view and that is rather simplistic
.[/QUOTE]
Left/Right wing is rather simplistic concepts. got any actual rebuttal rather than vague statements.

I'm not disagreeing that there are some with those views, again you're claiming they are right wing but again that's your view of them - some may see them as centrists.
More word salad defintion quibbles, some woudl say, mudding of rather simple waters in effect to diffuse any actual debate of substance,.

There are right wingers on this site who almost everyone would agree are right wingers who have espoused this opinoion.

No doubt but if you look through history you'll find most governments have been abysmal failures - situation normal.
vague statements, all governments are failures, lets not discuss any of substance of substance because everything is crap anyway,

There are hypocrisy's on both extremes - pffft couldn't give a flying, just goes to show how blind extremism is. They have this utopian collective idea that a simple solution is available and will suit everyone.

For mine it seems for these groups that common sense is somehow dirty language and is the cause of all the worlds problems.

A post full of evasion , vague statement and the genral idea thnat everything is crap , hypocrisy is everywhere so holding this government or right wingers to any sort of accountability is a meaningless idea and we should all just dirnk and ignore reality,

Why bother to post such banal non-content.

Yeah, so bloody tragic that you can't be a racist bigot without getting called out for it.

A question for you father and please don't "feck" at me. Do you consider Cockarfitt a racist bigot? And if so why? Do you consider that post a thinly veiled attempt to justify racism or bigotry?

I can understand if you'd answer yes to that last question and I'll explain why.

While there are some who would use such a post for ill gotten political territory I'd argue those that would are very very much in a very very small minority.

Problem is that media, social media and PC lead us all to believe that anyone with the "I'm worried about the state of our nation" address should be viewed as someone with a hidden privileged and it's ok to be racist or bigoted viewpoint.

That is very simplistic and while these people exist I'd argue that the overwhelming majority who express their concerns express those concerns because they are concerned not because they want to protect a right to racism or bigotry they just want a level playing field like it used to be, just as Cockarfitt explained in that post.

Another question for you father and please don't "feck" at me, do you know anyone personally that holds a similar view as Cockarfitt? If so do you view them as racist bigots? If so would you now re consider that?

Not in everyone's view and that is rather simplistic
Left/Right wing is rather simplistic concepts. got any actual rebuttal rather than vague statements.

More word salad defintion quibbles, some woudl say, mudding of rather simple waters in effect to diffuse any actual debate of substance,.

There are right wingers on this site who almost everyone would agree are right wingers who have espoused this opinoion.

vague statements, all governments are failures, lets not discuss any of substance of substance because everything is crap anyway,

A post full of evasion , vague statement and the genral idea thnat everything is crap , hypocrisy is everywhere so holding this government or right wingers to any sort of accountability is a meaningless idea and we should all just dirnk and ignore reality,

Why bother to post such banal non-content.[/QUOTE]

Alright Pugsy, seems I've hit a nerve and you refuse to engage in any meaningful conversation unless it aligns with your views.

Don't bother replying as you're not up to level champ.

Alright Pugsy, seems I've hit a nerve and you refuse to engage in any meaningful conversation unless it aligns with your views.

Don't bother replying as you're not up to level champ.

No it;'s you who have refuse to engage in meaningful debate coming in and saying all the words involved are meaningless, I am willing to debate you just posted a bunch of evasion and waffle. I merely called you on posting it.

how about a basic level of honesty.

Is anyone willing or able to identify their biases?
Sure, there's been a few on this board who are happy to admit to their own biases and they are usually the more reasonable people to talk to. The individual's who are not willing to concede the weak points in their arguments and continue to sit on a moral high horse are generally the ones who don't self-critique their arguments and don't admit to their own biases. They are happy living in their tiny little bubbles as it is comfortable for them.

Personally speaking as an academic, I constantly have to be aware of my own biases and being more self-aware enables you to see subjects from all perspectives. I am usually more than happy to concede a point if I am wrong if the logic/evidence/rationality is there, except for AFL, I am largely a one-eyed stubborn goat.

A question for you father and please don't "feck" at me. Do you consider Cockarfitt a racist bigot? And if so why? Do you consider that post a thinly veiled attempt to justify racism or bigotry?

I can understand if you'd answer yes to that last question and I'll explain why.

While there are some who would use such a post for ill gotten political territory I'd argue those that would are very very much in a very very small minority.

Problem is that media, social media and PC lead us all to believe that anyone with the "I'm worried about the state of our nation" address should be viewed as someone with a hidden privileged and it's ok to be racist or bigoted viewpoint.

That is very simplistic and while these people exist I'd argue that the overwhelming majority who express their concerns express those concerns because they are concerned not because they want to protect a right to racism or bigotry they just want a level playing field like it used to be, just as Cockarfitt explained in that post.

Another question for you father and please don't "feck" at me, do you know anyone personally that holds a similar view as Cockarfitt? If so do you view them as racist bigots? If so would you now re consider that?

What do you mean, 'level playing field like it used to be'?

Sure, there's been a few on this board who are happy to admit to their own biases and they are usually the more reasonable people to talk to. The individual's who are not willing to concede the weak points in their arguments and continue to sit on a moral high horse are generally the ones who don't self-critique their arguments and don't admit to their own biases. They are happy living in their tiny little bubbles as it is comfortable for them.

Personally speaking as an academic, I constantly have to be aware of my own biases and being more self-aware enables you to see subjects from all perspectives. I am usually more than happy to concede a point if I am wrong if the logic/evidence/rationality is there, except for AFL, I am largely a one-eyed stubborn goat.
I am just like you, willing to recognise my own biases, and ready to concede a point on the basis of a logical, fact-based argument.

In fact, I believe that 99.9% of posters on this board could say as much of themselves.

PS they "could" say as much, they just shouldn't.

What do you mean, 'level playing field like it used to be'?

As Cockarfitt mentioned in his post, when immigrants came to our shores post war probably up until the turn of the century they were not given any special treatment like some are given now. Like these:

"Many came from China to work on the Gold Fields.
Some came from Italy to work on the Snowy Mountain scheme.
Some came from Hungary during the Revolution.
Some came from Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
But they came for a chance to work and start a new life. And they worked hard.
The Greeks, Serbs, and Irish, so many more that it would be impossible to name.
There were no hand outs, no privileges offered.
These people were given a chance to start a new life, in Australia, to become Australians.

And Australians they became. "

"When Australians are living below the poverty line and have nowhere to live while immigrants of any Nationality, Religion or Race are prioritised, then we have a problem.

When 16.000 English speaking skilled professional workers are refused visas and 12,000 uneducated, non English speaking refugees are accepted, then, guess what, we have a problem.

When Australians are called racists and bigots for speaking out about their concerns about the above, then, again, we, as a Nation have a problem."

Like this conversation from pugsville and I?, I'll let you decide where the rational posting vs condescending adjectifying of post content is coming from.

You don't have to post your answer by the way.

1546922921880.png

As Cockarfitt mentioned in his post, when immigrants came to our shores post war probably up until the turn of the century they were not given any special treatment like some are given now. Like these:

"Many came from China to work on the Gold Fields.
These people were given a chance to start a new life, in Australia, to become Australians.

"When Australians are living below the poverty line and have nowhere to live while immigrants of any Nationality, Religion or Race are prioritised, then we have a problem.

When 16.000 English speaking skilled professional workers are refused visas and 12,000 uneducated, non English speaking refugees are accepted, then, guess what, we have a problem.

When Australians are called racists and bigots for speaking out about their concerns about the above, then, again, we, as a Nation have a problem."
There's nothing to back this up, is there? It's just typical dog-whistle race-baiting.

Many came from China to work on the Gold Fields.
Can't stand them. Pricks buy all our houses which means good Ozzie Battlers like my mum and me have to live in commision flats. They work for spare change 28 hours a day and take all our jobs. It's they're fault the fish and chip shop closed too. Pricks.

And lol as if a chinese person is oging to work on a farm, they do good maths and fix computers and s**t.

* them too. Can't even get an arvo beer on lygon street in case you get in the crossfire of some mafia campaigners shooting eachother.

Yeah nah i've never seen a hungary person in 50 years of living in australia, i woudln't even know what they look like.

Some lol There's ******* millions of them. That's why there's so much heroin on the streets. never been to richmond,?

ONE MORE TIME, SING IT WITH!!! AUSTRALIANS ALL LET US REJOICE FOR WE ARE YOUNG AND FREEEEE!!! WITH GOLDEN HARTS AND WEALTH FOR TOIL, ARE HOME IS GIRTH BY sEEEAAAAAA!!!!

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE!!! OI OI OI!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Lol - Yaxley is an actual far-right racist thug.

Reminds me of Nazis straight up.
He is that with his English Defence League involvement. But calling centrists and non-extremists Nazi's is a far left and now apparently right-wing thing to do.

He is that with his English Defence League involvement. But calling centrists and non-extremists Nazi's is a far left and now apparently right-wing thing to do.
And so, hypocrisy of the right:

“Stop calling everyone you disagree with, Nazis. You Nazi!”

And so, hypocrisy of the right:

“Stop calling everyone you disagree with, Nazis. You Nazi!”
I do agree, but I suggested it should go in the other thread as it applies to both in the end, but each to their own.

I do agree, but I suggested it should go in the other thread as it applies to both in the end, but each to their own.
You don't think it has been said in the other thread a thousand times?

You don't think it has been said in the other thread a thousand times?
This particular story, no it has not been mentioned. I feel we are arguing semantics here, so I'll take my leave.

This particular story, no it has not been mentioned. I feel we are arguing semantics here, so I'll take my leave.
How is it semantics?

This story is about far-right loons shouting "Nazi!"

What does it have to do with the left?

How is it semantics?

This story is about far-right loons shouting "Nazi!"

What does it have to do with the left?
Semantics in regards to which thread it belongs in as I agree with you on Robinson.

Because it is the exact same garbage used by the far left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back